Author Topic: Red states are having big success with this one COVID treatment and now the Biden administration is  (Read 958 times)

Offline PeteS in CA

Regeneron's is not the only monoclonal antibody (mab) treatment "out there". Eli Lilly also has a mab treatment that the FDA has authorized. Its story is a bit more involved, so I'll go through some chronological milestones:

October 28, 2020 - Agreement announced for Feds' purchase of 300,000 vials of bamlanivimab.

November 9, 2020 - Eli Lilly's and AbCellera's bamlanivimab received Emergency Use Authorization from the FDA. Bamlanivimab was the first product from a DARPA project to develop platforms for quick early responses to emerging epidemics. The project was announced in very early 2017, and launched in very early 2018.

December 2, 2020 - Agreement announced for Feds' purchase of another 650,000 doses of bamlanivimab. This was done during a multi-month surge that peaked around January 8, 2021.

January 26, 2021 - Data announced from a combination trial of bamlanivimab and etesevimab. Etesevimab is licensed by Eli Lilly from Junshi Biosciences of Shanghai, China.

February 9, 2021 - The bamlanivimab-etesevimab combination received Emergency Use Authorization from the FDA. BTW, Regeneron's REGEN-COV is also a combination of two mabs.

February 26, 2021 - Agreement announced for Feds' purchase of 100,000 doses of the bamlanivimab-etesevimab combination.

April 12, 2021 - Existing purchase agreements with the Feds modified to add etesevimab to bamlanivimab-only agreements.

April 16, 2021 - Eli Lilly requested the withdrawal of the bamlanivimab-only Emergency Use Authorization.

September 15, 2021 - Agreement announced for Feds' purchase of 388,000 doses of the etesevimab for use with doses of bamlanivimab purchased under bamlanivimab-only contracts.

Like I said, the history is a bit more involved. And if one roots through Eli Lilly press releases, http://lilly.mediaroom.com/index.php?s=9042&l=100 , it can be seen that another mab combination with bamlanivimab is being tested.

Two things kind of stood out to me:

1. The 5 month gap between the April 12 contract modification and the purchase of the 388,000 doses of the etesevimab. 5 months of no action, even though the spring mini-surge had consumed some stocks of mab treatments and the summer surge was recognizable before mid June. Five. Idle. Months!

2. Part of the 5 idle months was not purchasing the etesevimab to pair with the solo doses of bamlanivimab. Hello! The Feds knew the solo doses of bamlanivimab could not be used as is, but let them sit for 5 months before finally purchasing the etesevimab that would make those solo doses usable.

Context matters, and the past few days' purchases of etesevimab and REGEN-COV were in the context of the summer 2021 Covid surge having peaked around August 27th, about 3 weeks ago. LIEden's spokeshypers make scary-urgent noises, but LIEden's bureaucrats don't purchase with anything resembling urgency!

LIEden's MalAdministration mixes its messaging with an industrial blender set to warp speed!
« Last Edit: September 18, 2021, 03:16:34 pm by PeteS in CA »
If, as anti-Covid-vaxxers claim, https://www.poynter.org/fact-checking/2021/robert-f-kennedy-jr-said-the-covid-19-vaccine-is-the-deadliest-vaccine-ever-made-thats-not-true/ , https://gospelnewsnetwork.org/2021/11/23/covid-shots-are-the-deadliest-vaccines-in-medical-history/ , The Vaccine is deadly, where in the US have Pfizer and Moderna hidden the millions of bodies of those who died of "vaccine injury"? Is reality a Big Pharma Shill?

Millions now living should have died. Anti-Covid-Vaxxer ghouls hardest hit.

Offline PeteS in CA

Exciting news! I found the machine drug companies use to create names for their products:

If, as anti-Covid-vaxxers claim, https://www.poynter.org/fact-checking/2021/robert-f-kennedy-jr-said-the-covid-19-vaccine-is-the-deadliest-vaccine-ever-made-thats-not-true/ , https://gospelnewsnetwork.org/2021/11/23/covid-shots-are-the-deadliest-vaccines-in-medical-history/ , The Vaccine is deadly, where in the US have Pfizer and Moderna hidden the millions of bodies of those who died of "vaccine injury"? Is reality a Big Pharma Shill?

Millions now living should have died. Anti-Covid-Vaxxer ghouls hardest hit.

Offline Hoodat

Regeneron's is not the only monoclonal antibody (mab) treatment "out there". Eli Lilly also has a mab treatment that the FDA has authorized. Its story is a bit more involved, so I'll go through some chronological milestones:

October 28, 2020 - Agreement announced for Feds' purchase of 300,000 vials of bamlanivimab.

November 9, 2020 - Eli Lilly's and AbCellera's bamlanivimab received Emergency Use Authorization from the FDA. Bamlanivimab was the first product from a DARPA project to develop platforms for quick early responses to emerging epidemics. The project was announced in very early 2017, and launched in very early 2018.  .  .

Nice work, @PeteS in CA
If a political party does not have its foundation in the determination to advance a cause that is right and that is moral, then it is not a political party; it is merely a conspiracy to seize power.     -Dwight Eisenhower-

"The [U.S.] Constitution is a limitation on the government, not on private individuals ... it does not prescribe the conduct of private individuals, only the conduct of the government ... it is not a charter for government power, but a charter of the citizen's protection against the government."     -Ayn Rand-

Online Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Online Wingnut

• That is the problem with everything. They try and make it better without realizing the old is fine.

The gatekeepers of information AKA fact checkers, are twisting in the wind to claim this is false. 
I am just a Technicolor Dream Cat riding this kaleidoscope of life.

Online Bigun

• The FairTax Plan
The gatekeepers of information AKA fact checkers, are twisting in the wind to claim this is false.

Of course, they are!  Par for the course.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
The so-called "factcheckers" have been biased from the beginning, and not just on facebook.

Believe their stuff at your peril.

A lot of their opinions are based on weasel wording, semantic elimination of other critical factors, etc.
That crap started when just having practicing doctors say "..." was not enough, there had to be double blind studies done, too.  Nothing like getting memes or obvious jokes on fecebook "factchecked", and while they may be "independent" (which means what, exactly?) the Leftist bias is ever evident.

On fecebook, I just use their flags to indicate what needs to be further investigated. Zuckerberg is allergic to the truth, I think.
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Online Bigun

• The FairTax Plan
The so-called "factcheckers" have been biased from the beginning, and not just on facebook.

Believe their stuff at your peril.

A lot of their opinions are based on weasel wording, semantic elimination of other critical factors, etc.
That crap started when just having practicing doctors say "..." was not enough, there had to be double blind studies done, too.  Nothing like getting memes or obvious jokes on fecebook "factchecked", and while they may be "independent" (which means what, exactly?) the Leftist bias is ever evident.

On fecebook, I just use their flags to indicate what needs to be further investigated. Zuckerberg is allergic to the truth, I think.

:yowsa: The "fact checkers" got tired of me and got my account deleted.  To their credit, they did bother to send me an e-mail informing me of the fact.

- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline Smokin Joe

:yowsa: The "fact checkers" got tired of me and got my account deleted.  To their credit, they did bother to send me an e-mail informing me of the fact.
I'm treading lightly, and have my second strike...(or so they informed me). When I do post, I post a lot of links, and my friends know enough to just check them out. Seems the memes really upset them, though. :tongue2:

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Offline Victoria33

This is an excellent example of why the government does not belong in the middle of medical care and decisions.
@Polly Ticks

This was written above:  "As of yesterday the Biden Administration is metering how many doses of Regeneron are sent to Texas and thus limiting how many are sent to the Montgomery County location. Telling Texas to reduce its use of the therapeutic treatment that has literally been saving lives and reducing hospitalizations."

Polly, I have now moved to Montgomery County, Texas. Lived here before for 16 years.  Montgomery County is 99.99% Republican - no Democrat in any office.  I did not know masses of those meds were sent here.  Does anyone know why to this county?  I have been and am very weak from major surgery and have not kept up with this.  Montgomery County's southern border is Harris County, Houston.  I can't take the vaccine so am still captive in my house.

Get this:  I have to have a medical person with me from 9 in the morning until I go to bed.  So far, I have found no company that sends medical people to homes and checks whether they are vaccinated or not.  I must have a vaccinated person to limit my exposure to the virus.  Companies say it is the employee's personal choice to get the vaccine so they do not know if an employee has had the vaccine.  I will be having a doctor try to find a vaccinated person to be at my house.

I should say this: the hospital and the care place they sent me to later, kept me in a room by myself.  Workers/staff had a mask on every time.  Both places took swabs in my nose every three days. 
« Last Edit: September 19, 2021, 03:42:55 am by Victoria33 »

Offline Smokin Joe

@Polly Ticks

This was written above:  "As of yesterday the Biden Administration is metering how many doses of Regeneron are sent to Texas and thus limiting how many are sent to the Montgomery County location. Telling Texas to reduce its use of the therapeutic treatment that has literally been saving lives and reducing hospitalizations."

Polly, I have now moved to Montgomery County, Texas. Lived here before for 16 years.  Montgomery County is 99.99% Republican - no Democrat in any office.  I did not know masses of those meds were sent here.  Does anyone know why to this county?  I have been and am very weak from major surgery and have not kept up with this.  Montgomery County's southern border is Harris County, Houston.  I can't take the vaccine so am still captive in my house.

Get this:  I have to have a medical person with me from 9 in the morning until I go to bed.  So far, I have found no company that sends medical people to homes and checks whether they are vaccinated or not.  I must have a vaccinated person to limit my exposure to the virus.  Companies say it is the employee's personal choice to get the vaccine so they do not know if an employee has had the vaccine.  I will be having a doctor try to find a vaccinated person to be at my house.
For starters, I am glad to see you posting. I hope you are recovering well. You have (both) been in my prayers.

If you want to be protected from the variants, you might consider getting someone who has had COVID and recovered. There are indications their immunity is broader based, and the chances of them unwittingly coming in with ah high viral  load of a variant are less. For your perusal, Discrete Immune Response Signature to SARS-CoV-2 mRNA Vaccination Versus Infection available at https://ssrn.com/abstract=3838993 or http://dx.doi.org/10.2139/ssrn.3838993
and Differential effects of the second SARS-CoV-2 mRNA vaccine dose on T cell immunity in naïve and COVID-19 recovered individuals https://www.biorxiv.org/content/10.1101/2021.03.22.436441v1

As ever, your choices are your own, and I pray you get well soon.

C S Lewis

Offline Hoodat

I must have a vaccinated person to limit my exposure to the virus.

@Victoria33

Having a vaccinated person does not limit your exposure to the virus.  If anything, it increases it.  An unvaccinated person with the virus will begin to show symptoms within a day or two.  A vaccinated person with the virus may go months before they begin to show symptoms.
If a political party does not have its foundation in the determination to advance a cause that is right and that is moral, then it is not a political party; it is merely a conspiracy to seize power.     -Dwight Eisenhower-

"The [U.S.] Constitution is a limitation on the government, not on private individuals ... it does not prescribe the conduct of private individuals, only the conduct of the government ... it is not a charter for government power, but a charter of the citizen's protection against the government."     -Ayn Rand-

Offline Victoria33

@Hoodat
@Smokin Joe

"For starters, I am glad to see you posting. I hope you are recovering well. You have (both) been in my prayers."

Thank you for that. I was moving back to Montgomery County on Aug. 19.  On Aug. 17, I woke up in the hospital without my right hip - they took it out and stuck a new "knob" into my femur bone; the original knob was broken off.  Then, I almost bled out from damage to my head; had a blood transfusion.  Will be 88 Oct. 6; I am lucky to be alive.

Both of you are correct about who is less likely to expose another person.  I would be fine with someone who already had the virus.  In my opinion, a vaccinated person is better than someone who has had nothing.

But, it does not matter what you think or I think.  The at home care companies will not ask their home care workers about their vaccine status or if they have had the virus, etc.  That is why I am going to a family care doctor here, he does not know he is going to be my doctor, who has experience in being the doctor for several nursing homes.  He knows the ins and outs of companies who send out medical care people and maybe can find me a person who has had it or is vaccinated.

Offline Victoria33

@Hoodat
@Smokin Joe

Thank both of you for responding to me.

"But is the threat of shortages real? Texas Montgomery County Judge Mark Keough wrote on Facebook this week that there was, in fact, no looming shortfall of the drug  .  .  ."

I made a mistake.  I asked why Montgomery County was in this problem, but I had not read what County Judge Mark Keough wrote on Facebook.  Now, I know why Montgomery County is involved.

I actually got to my house here this past Tuesday.  There is a newspaper here and I will use that to help bring me up to date about county news.  The paper is not run by Dems here or it would not sell.

Montgomery County, Texas, has the most Republicans per capita than any other Texas county.

Online Bigun

• The FairTax Plan
@Hoodat
@Smokin Joe

"But is the threat of shortages real? Texas Montgomery County Judge Mark Keough wrote on Facebook this week that there was, in fact, no looming shortfall of the drug  .  .  ."

I made a mistake.  I asked why Montgomery County was in this problem, but I had not read what County Judge Mark Keough wrote on Facebook.  Now, I know why Montgomery County is involved.

I actually got to my house here this past Tuesday.  There is a newspaper here and I will use that to help bring me up to date about county news.  The paper is not run by Dems here or it would not sell.

Montgomery County, Texas, has the most Republicans per capita than any other Texas county.

Glad to see you up, about, and posting again Marcella!

Walker County may just run Montgomery County a race if done on a per capita basis.

- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline Victoria33

Walker County may just run Montgomery County a race if done on a per capita basis.
@Bigun

Naturally, to get to Montgomery County from the north, one goes through Walker County.  I think about you every time I go through there and did this time when coming home.  When I lived in Coldspring, I made the trip to Walker County every week for groceries and beauty shop.  I also worked with your Republican Party in Walker County.

Online Bigun

• The FairTax Plan
@Bigun

Naturally, to get to Montgomery County from the north, one goes through Walker County.  I think about you every time I go through there and did this time when coming home.  When I lived in Coldspring, I made the trip to Walker County every week for groceries and beauty shop.  I also worked with your Republican Party in Walker County.

:yowsa: I well remember those days. @Victoria33

- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline Idiot

@Hoodat
@Smokin Joe

I find that hard to believe.  Look up Shackelford county or Taylor county.

I was exposed to Covid yesterday dang it....  I took some ivermectin yesterday with no side affects so far other than this craving for carrots and hay.

Offline skeeter

Same here @Victoria33. Please take good care of yourself.

Offline Victoria33

I find that hard to believe.  Look up Shackelford county or Taylor county.
@mrpotatohead

There is one stop every Republican State Officer Holder or candidate always makes - it is to Montgomery County for cash money and major votes.  Their gatherings happen by buying tickets to be there.  Some were so expensive, I did not go.  I am a "worker bee", not a "cash cow" of the county.

Offline Victoria33

@mrpotatohead
You said: "I find that hard to believe.  Look up Shackelford county or Taylor county."

Politics from Wikipedia about Montgomery County:

"Montgomery County is one of the most heavily Republican counties in Texas, giving 78.1 percent of its vote to George W. Bush in 2004[11] and 75.8% of its vote to John McCain in 2008.[12] The county has not been won by a Democratic presidential candidate since native Texan Lyndon Johnson won 60.9% of the county's vote in 1964.[13] In 1968, George Wallace, running as a third-party candidate, won the county, whilst in 1948, “States’ Rights” candidate Strom Thurmond had previously won over 29 percent of the vote to make Montgomery his fourth-strongest county in Texas, and in 1992, Ross Perot, another third-party candidate received more votes than Democratic candidate Bill Clinton. In 2016, it was the only county in the United States which Republican nominee Donald Trump won against Democratic nominee Hillary Clinton by a margin of greater than 100,000 votes.[14]

Even with the dramatic leftward turn of Texas' suburbs, especially in Houston, Dallas and Austin, Montgomery County has trended leftwards at a much smaller pace, with Trump remaining above 70% in both of his runs for president, and even expanding the raw vote margin to the largest in the county’s history."

Online Polly Ticks

@Victoria33
So glad to see you back online and to hear that you are on the mend!
Love is the most important thing in the world, but baseball is pretty good, too. -Yogi Berra