Author Topic: California Governor Newsom Survives Recall Election  (Read 1692 times)

Offline Right_in_Virginia

California Governor Newsom Survives Recall Election
« on: September 15, 2021, 06:03:21 am »
California Governor Newsom Survives Recall Election
National Review, Sep 14, 2021

California voters overwhelmingly chose to keep Democratic Governor Gavin Newsom in office in a recall election on Tuesday.

Newsom was spared after a projection by the Associated Press showed that a majority of voters opted against recalling him.

With 61 percent of the estimated vote in, early returns showed that 5.3 million voters supported keeping Newsom in office, while 2.5 million Californians voted in favor of his removal.

In remarks Tuesday evening at the California Democratic Party headquarters in Sacramento, Newsom said it “appears we are enjoying an overwhelmingly ‘no’ vote here tonight.”

"But no is not the only thing that was expressed tonight,” Newsom said. “I want to focus on what we said yes to as a state. We said yes to science, we said yes to vaccines, we said yes to ending this pandemic, we said yes to people’s right to vote without fear of fake fraud or voter suppression.”

“I am humbled and grateful to the millions, and millions of Californians who exercised their fundamental right to vote, and express themselves so overwhelmingly by rejecting the division,” Newsom went on to add.

More:  https://www.nationalreview.com/news/california-governor-newsom-survives-recall-election/

Offline Right_in_Virginia

Re: California Governor Newsom Survives Recall Election
« Reply #1 on: September 15, 2021, 06:06:40 am »

Newsom’s advisers were confident he would not be recalled, with strategist Sean Clegg saying on Monday, “There’s no scenario where we lose tomorrow.”

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
« Reply #4 on: September 15, 2021, 06:56:30 am »
The sad part of this is that goons nationwide will see this as some sort of mandate, forgetting (conveniently) that California is NOT representative of the rest of the country. 
« Last Edit: September 15, 2021, 06:57:16 am by Smokin Joe »
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Offline dfwgator

« Reply #5 on: September 15, 2021, 07:20:05 am »
The sad part of this is that goons nationwide will see this as some sort of mandate, forgetting (conveniently) that California is NOT representative of the rest of the country.

Newsom just became the frontrunner for 2024.

Offline Kamaji

« Reply #6 on: September 15, 2021, 11:04:31 am »
Stolen elections have consequences.

Offline catfish1957

• Laken Riley.... Say her Name. And to every past and future democrat voter- Her blood is on your hands too!!!
  • Political Researcher
« Reply #7 on: September 15, 2021, 12:43:08 pm »
Monkey business? Maybe.  Still, I don't think this election was winnable.  Way too many brain dead Californians who want suicide for their state

And another point.....

I really like Larry Elder.  He's sound stand up guy who has good positions.

OTOH.....

Someone needs to give him some feedback about his delivery when he is making the news circuits.  He speaks way way way too fast.  I understand the need to get as much info into a 2-3 minute slot, but when you are talking faster than most people can digest?  It doesn't help you case, or win over additonal voters.  People just tend to zone out when hearing people like this.
I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.

Offline catfish1957

• Laken Riley.... Say her Name. And to every past and future democrat voter- Her blood is on your hands too!!!
  • Political Researcher
« Reply #8 on: September 15, 2021, 12:48:27 pm »

Yep, he'll get the sympathy left wing tugged heart strings, and come off looking like a fighter who slayed the big bad orange dragon.

He's super slick, greasy, and almost communist in positions, and frankly is one dangerous POS.   Think about it "81M" voted for Biden, those same idiots will love Newsom. 
I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
« Reply #9 on: September 15, 2021, 01:05:04 pm »
Gavin Newsom to Remain in Office; Democrats Want to Limit Future Recalls

Joel B. Pollak14 Sep 20214,832
2:41

California Gov. Gavin Newsom (D) will remain in office after defeating an effort to recall him in an apparent landslide, according to several news networks that called the race within the first hour after polls closed on Tuesday evening.

Thus the eleventh recall in California history has gone down to defeat.

Conservative talk radio host Larry Elder (R) led potential replacements for Newsom by a wide margin, but the “yes” vote was simply too small to place him within reach.

Votes are still being counted, and mail-in ballots will still be arriving for several days, meaning that the margins could change. However, a surge in “yes” votes sufficient to overcome the “no” vote is considered a statistical impossibility.

In late July, polls suggested that Newsom was vulnerable to the recall. But as Newsom and the Democrats began to spend money, and the media demonized Elder — often in racial terms — Democrats swung behind their party’s state leader.

Questions will linger about Newsom’s political future. His decision to dine at the elite French Laundry restaurant, in defiance of his own coronavirus restrictions, provided fuel for the recall campaign that it otherwise would not have had.

more
https://www.breitbart.com/politics/2021/09/14/gavin-newsom-to-remain-in-office-democrats-want-to-limit-future-recalls/
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
« Reply #10 on: September 15, 2021, 02:08:35 pm »
Jack Posobiec 🇺🇸
@JackPosobiec
·
1h
Trump received 6 million votes in CA in 2020

Recall only received 3 million votes yesterday

Millions of Republicans stayed home
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline skeeter

« Reply #11 on: September 15, 2021, 02:10:58 pm »
And VP in 2022.

The thought of this greasy smarmy fraud leading the nation is repellent.

It just gets worse & worse.

BTW lets not pretend there wasn't wholesale election fraud yesterday. Accepting and normalizing it is the last thing we should do.
« Last Edit: September 15, 2021, 02:13:14 pm by skeeter »

Offline Fishrrman

• Dumbest member of the forum
« Reply #12 on: September 15, 2021, 02:26:43 pm »
So....

Newsom wins with a "reported result" of around 67% voting to retain him.
(more about the phrase, "reported" results in a moment)

Boy, was I wrong. Several days' back, I put up a post here that I expected Newsom to squeak by with around 52-53% of the vote.

Instead, he wins with nothing less than a landslide victory. MORE THAN "landslide", it was an earthquake, California-style.

It ought to be obvious to all now -- California is a one-party oligarchy, and it's NEVER going back, not ever.

If one is a traditional-minded American (perhaps what used to be called "conservative-minded"), one has to realize:
To remain in California is to assent to be ruled (governed?) by the leftist/communists -- and to admit that one has no say to change such outcome.

Here's where the "reported" from above comes in.

Part of the communists' ongoing plan is to "control" elections through the means of an "underground election apparatus", about which I've written before.

Some of the fraudster techniques are "visible" "above ground", while other methods/software/hardware remain buried "underground" (hence my name for the setup).

There might be chances to "pull back the curtain"... IF this had been a red or purple state.
But because it's a state of the deepest blue, trying to expose the fraud is becoming an exercise in frustration. It's just too pervasive.

So... the results "of the election" can no longer be automatically assumed to have been "the votes of the voters". MANY of the votes came from the voters, of course, but some, perhaps a considerable amount, came from "the apparatus".

Thus... my use of the term "reported results" rather than, simply, "results".

As with the 2020 election, the DCP underground election apparatus may have been chuggin' along at full steam.

BUT... what if it wasn't?
What if... the reported results... actually represent the will of "the voters" of California?

Perhaps that's a more ominous portent.

Could this be a harbinger of the midterms to come?

("comrades, you did a fine job in California. Now let's see that list of Congressional seats we need to control in 2022...")

Offline catfish1957

• Political Researcher
« Reply #13 on: September 15, 2021, 02:31:41 pm »
Californistan.......

You reap what you sow.  Deal with it.

Red states need to be looking at proactive ways to seal our borders or make it hard from left leaning people fleeing their own stupidity

Offline skeeter

« Reply #14 on: September 15, 2021, 02:35:24 pm »
The significant thing here is the fraudsters weren't interested in a 'squeaker' - they wanted a crushing defeat for the recall because they want it to factor into Newsom's national reputation. They effectively turned an embarrassing setback - a popular recall - into a political asset. Gavin Newsom - not only a rakishly handsome political figure but wildly popular slayer of right wing extremists & white supremacists.
« Last Edit: September 15, 2021, 02:37:46 pm by skeeter »

Offline catfish1957

• Political Researcher
« Reply #15 on: September 15, 2021, 02:41:53 pm »
The significant thing here is the fraudsters weren't interested in a 'squeaker' - they wanted a crushing defeat for the recall because they want it to factor into Newsom's national reputation. They effectively turned an embarrassing setback - a popular recall - into a political asset. Gavin Newsom - not only a rakishly handsome political figure but wildly popular slayer of right wing extremists & white supremacists.

Yeah, I think this thing backfired.  As I alluded to in an earlier post....  Elder was not as good a candidate as everyone thought.  His 100 mph speaking style just didn't click with the electorate.

Offline skeeter

« Reply #16 on: September 15, 2021, 02:47:13 pm »
Yeah, I think this thing backfired.  As I alluded to in an earlier post....  Elder was not as good a candidate as everyone thought.  His 100 mph speaking style just didn't click with the electorate.
Perhaps, but Elder's suitability as a candidate had nothing to do with the "loss". On the ballot recalling Newsom was a yes or no matter.

25 years ago this land of fruits and nuts recalled a rat governor, and before that a liberal chief justice, by recall. Yesterday we supposedly overwhelmingly rejected an opportunity to recall a governor who, very recently, was extremely unpopular. Folks need to start asking themselves how that could've happened.
« Last Edit: September 15, 2021, 02:48:57 pm by skeeter »

Offline dfwgator

« Reply #17 on: September 15, 2021, 02:49:54 pm »
Yep, he'll get the sympathy left wing tugged heart strings, and come off looking like a fighter who slayed the big bad orange dragon.

He's super slick, greasy, and almost communist in positions, and frankly is one dangerous POS.   Think about it "81M" voted for Biden, those same idiots will love Newsom.

Chicks think he's just "dreamy".

Online Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
« Reply #18 on: September 15, 2021, 02:51:21 pm »

I'm sorry my friend but it wouldn't have made any difference if St. Peter was running. The fix was in from the beginning. California is a full blown communist dictatorship now.
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Online Wingnut

• That is the problem with everything. They try and make it better without realizing the old is fine.
« Reply #19 on: September 15, 2021, 02:56:51 pm »
Cali needs a bunch more  Illegal aliens instate so they don't lose anymore seats in congress after the 2030 census.  Of course by then the state will be a 3rd word shithole.
I am just a Technicolor Dream Cat riding this kaleidoscope of life.

Offline skeeter

« Reply #20 on: September 15, 2021, 02:56:55 pm »
Chicks think he's just "dreamy".
His speaking style is like Joel Osteen. He makes my flesh crawl.

Offline catfish1957

• Political Researcher
« Reply #21 on: September 15, 2021, 03:01:21 pm »
I'm sorry my friend but it wouldn't have made any difference if St. Peter was running. The fix was in from the beginning. California is a full blown communist dictatorship now.

No doubt.  I actually am thinking this whole thing was orchestrated as a referendum to push Newsome into the national spotlight for higher office.

I hope 2/3 of Californians aren't this stupid.

Offline catfish1957

• Political Researcher
« Reply #22 on: September 15, 2021, 03:02:45 pm »
His speaking style is like Joel Osteen. He makes my flesh crawl.

Add mannerisms of a used car salesman.  He may be creepy, but think how expontentially more creepy Pedo Joe is, .....  and he is POTUS.

Online LMAO

« Reply #23 on: September 15, 2021, 04:30:02 pm »

Exactly.

But it also shows why Democrats want a popular vote for president. If you look at the recall map of California, it seem like every place outside the three deep blue cities voted yes to recall
I have little interest in streamlining government or in making it more efficient, for I mean to reduce its size. I do not undertake to promote welfare, for I propose to extend freedom. My aim is not to pass laws, but to repeal them.

Barry Goldwater

http://www.usdebtclock.org

My Avatar is my adult autistic son Tommy

Online Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
« Reply #24 on: September 15, 2021, 04:32:18 pm »
Exactly.

But it also shows why Democrats want a popular vote for president. If you look at the recall map of California, it seem like every place outside the three deep blue cities voted yes to recall

Take a look at the last several county by county presidential election maps while you are at it.
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien