Author Topic: Sen. Menendez Threatens To Subpoena Defense Secretary Lloyd Austin Over His Refusal To Answer For Af  (Read 64 times)

rangerrebew

Sen. Menendez Threatens To Subpoena Defense Secretary Lloyd Austin Over His Refusal To Answer For Afghanistan
Bob Menendez

Fox News screenshot

David Krayden
Ottawa Bureau Chief
September 14, 2021 11:20 AM ET

Democratic New Jersey Sen. Bob Menendez threatened to “compel” Secretary of Defense Lloyd Austin to appear before the Senate Foreign Relations Committee on Tuesday.

“I’m very disappointed that Secretary Austin declined our request to testify today,” Menendez, the committee chairman, said in his opening remarks to an appearance by Secretary of State Antony Blinken.

“I expect the secretary will avail himself to the committee in the near future and if he does not, I may consider the use of committee subpoena power to compel him and others over the course of these last 20 years to testify,” Menendez said. (RELATED: ‘ISIS Will Have An Opportunity To Grow’: Gen. Jack Keane Says Leaving Taliban In Control Of Afghanistan ‘Looms Heavy’ Over 9/11 Anniversary)

WATCH:

“A full accounting of the U.S. response to this crisis is not complete without the pentagon, especially when it comes to understanding the complete collapse of the U.S.-trained and funded afghan military,” he continued. “His decision not to appear before the committee will affect my personal judgment on the Department of Defense nominees.”

https://dailycaller.com/2021/09/14/senator-bob-menendez-subpoena-secretary-defense-lloyd-austin-foreign-relations-committee-afghanistan/

rangerrebew

Oh horsey kaka poopoo!!!  This has all the stench of a democrat charade to make it seem democrats are interested in what happened in Afghanistan and the part the military played in it.  It also has the stench of a contrived fallout over the issue  First of all, if Menendez is involved you know its B.S.  With his lengthy record of scams and dishonest dealings, he's ideal for the part.  The democrats would never think of coming down on Austin. :nono: