Author Topic: Democrats have little to cheer about in California recall victory  (Read 72 times)

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Democrats have little to cheer about in California recall victory
« on: September 15, 2021, 01:17:13 pm »
September 15, 2021
Democrats have little to cheer about in California recall victory
By Monica Showalter

Democrats are crowing about California's Gov. Gavin Newsom surviving his recall election, and by a 64% to 35% margin.

According to CNN:

" 'No' is not the only thing that was expressed tonight," Newsom, who will now finish out his term, said Tuesday night. "We said yes to science, yes to vaccines, yes to ending this pandemic."

According to Deadline:

Scoring a near blowout, Newsom is likely to see his victory as an affirmation of his Covid-19 policies, as exit polls said that the coronavirus was the number one issue in the state. But it also may be a roadmap for him and other Democrats going into next year’s midterm elections, in that they will embrace Covid-19 restrictions as an electoral winner . Newsom leaned into the need for mask and vaccine mandates as a way to curb the pandemic, contrasting his position with that of Elder, who said that he would roll the restrictions back.

Really? A blue state governor with a huge Democrat-registered majority somehow won his recall election? Not a lot of news in that. Nor is the breakdown -- the rural counties voted against him, the big blue coastal cities voted for him.

more
https://www.americanthinker.com/blog/2021/09/democrats_have_little_to_cheer_about_in_california_recall_victory.html
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Online LMAO

Re: Democrats have little to cheer about in California recall victory
« Reply #1 on: September 15, 2021, 03:24:46 pm »
There was absolutely no way any Republican would’ve won California.

I remember as a kid in the late 60s and even all throughout the 70s my folks knew quite a few people that moved to California because of the climate and the jobs
I have little interest in streamlining government or in making it more efficient, for I mean to reduce its size. I do not undertake to promote welfare, for I propose to extend freedom. My aim is not to pass laws, but to repeal them.

Barry Goldwater

http://www.usdebtclock.org

My Avatar is my adult autistic son Tommy

Online corbe

Re: Democrats have little to cheer about in California recall victory
« Reply #2 on: September 15, 2021, 05:58:35 pm »
No government in the 12,000 years of modern mankind history has led its people into anything but the history books with a simple lesson, don't let this happen to you.