Author Topic: Grocery prices could rise another 3% before the end of year, Kroger warns – with cost of beef alread  (Read 293 times)

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Grocery prices could rise another 3% before the end of year, Kroger warns – with cost of beef already up 14% and pork 12% since last December

Grocery prices are headed higher later this year, according to Kroger, the largest supermarket by sales in the U.S.
    While inflation is running hot, management is anticipating prices of its groceries to rise 2 percent to 3 percent over the second half of this year
    Within the consumer price index, the component for food at home has risen five months in a row and is up 2.6 percent this year
    Beef prices have risen 14 percent this year while pork prices have jumped 12.1 percent, and poultry prices are higher by 6.6 percent compared to 2020
    The fresh fruits category has had the largest relative price increase (4.9 percent) and the fresh vegetables category the smallest (0.4 percent) compared to 2020
    The Biden administration said that increased demand and supply-chain issues are not the only reasons for inflation as he points the finger at meat processors

By Alastair Talbot For Dailymail.Com

Published: 16:46 EDT, 12 September 2021 | Updated: 21:01 EDT, 12 September 2021

Grocery prices will rise by another three percent before the end of the year, according to one of America's biggest supermarkets.

Cincinnati-based Kroger generated $132 billion in sales last year, but the company said inflation is running longer than management previously anticipated, altering their expectations for prices.

Bosses now say they predict prices will rise 2 to 3 percent over the second half of this year.

more
https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-9982927/Grocery-prices-expected-rise-3-end-year-Kroger-warns.html
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline Wingnut

• That is the problem with everything. They try and make it better without realizing the old is fine.
Just a push for people to buy plant based meat products.  It is all part of the plan befor we get soylent green.
I am just a Technicolor Dream Cat riding this kaleidoscope of life.

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
Just a push for people to buy plant based meat products.  It is all part of the plan befor we get soylent green.
Most meat people consume IS plant based.

The critters eat plants, and turn them into meat. :shrug:

Soyburgers are not meat.
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Offline Gefn

• "And though she be but little she is fierce"-Shakespeare
  • Cat Mod
  • Quos Deus Vult Perdere Prius Dementat
Most meat people consume IS plant based.

The critters eat plants, and turn them into meat. :shrug:

Soyburgers are not meat.

I had a coupon for a free sample of one at the supermarket. It wasn’t bad, but it had almost no taste. I did have to put a lot of condiments on it though. And cheese!

What gets me is the fact that almond milk is cheaper than cows milk.
G-d bless America. G-d bless us all                                 

Adopt a puppy or kitty from your local shelter
Or an older dog or cat. They're true love❤️

Offline mountaineer

I've cut way back on beef purchases in the past couple of months. Thanks, Joe.
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org