Author Topic: Chris Christie calls on GOP to stop 'pretending we won' in 2020  (Read 594 times)

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Chris Christie calls on GOP to stop 'pretending we won' in 2020
« on: September 12, 2021, 07:45:19 pm »
Chris Christie calls on GOP to stop 'pretending we won' in 2020
by Kaelan Deese, Breaking News Reporter |
 | September 10, 2021 10:45 AM

Former New Jersey Gov. Chris Christie offered a sweeping critique of the GOP on Thursday, urging it to become "the party that's perceived to be telling the American people the truth" after months of "pretending we won" the 2020 election.

Christie, a frequent critic of his own party, told Politico ahead of a Thursday evening speech at the Ronald Reagan Presidential Library in California he intended to stress "first and foremost" in his remarks that the Republican Party needed to be "the party that's perceived to be telling the American people the truth."

"Pretending we won when we lost is a waste of time and energy and credibility," Christie said during his speech Thursday evening, without mentioning the former president's name.

Christie argued the party must aim to dismiss extremists and conspiracy theories to offer a viable alternative to Democrats, citing the struggle against the far-right John Birch Society by Reagan and the conservative author William F. Buckley in the 1960s.

"No man, no woman, no matter what office they've held or wealth they've acquired, are worthy of blind faith or obedience," Christie said Thursday evening.

more
https://www.washingtonexaminer.com/news/christie-calls-on-gop-to-renounce-the-conspiracy-theorists
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline Kamaji

Re: Chris Christie calls on GOP to stop 'pretending we won' in 2020
« Reply #1 on: September 12, 2021, 07:49:31 pm »
STFU Christie.  Go plead with Obastard for another hug or two.

Offline christian

• I need to be in love, K.c. R.C.
« Reply #2 on: September 13, 2021, 12:05:25 am »
Christie and Romney seem to be in races to see who can surrender to the democrats the quickest.
Card carrying member of the national F-Joe Biden movement, and his minions

Offline libertybele

• WE are NOT ok!
« Reply #3 on: September 13, 2021, 12:07:36 am »
Perhaps jelly doughnut boy thinks he's becoming relevant again?  I'm not quite sure why...time will tell.
I Believe in the United States of America as a Government of the people, by the people, for the people; whose just powers are derived from the consent of the governed; a democracy in a republic; a sovereign nation of many sovereign states; a perfect union one and inseparable; established upon those principles of freedom, equality, justice and humanity for which American patriots sacrificed their lives and fortunes.  I therefore believe it is my duty to my country to love it; to support its Constitution; to obey its laws to respect its flag; and to defend it against all enemies.

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #4 on: September 13, 2021, 12:10:50 am »
Sure, fatso, as soon as you stop pretending you will be anywhere near 1600 Penn.
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Offline skeeter

« Reply #5 on: September 13, 2021, 12:15:34 am »
It sure is easy to tell who has a stake in the corrupt system as it is. They're eager to self identify.

Not only that, but Christie implies we are believe what we do about the 2020 election only because Trump told us what to think, as if we're incapable of independent thought. Eff that and eff him.
« Last Edit: September 13, 2021, 12:23:57 am by skeeter »

Offline HoustonSam

• "That'll be the day......"
  • old times there are not forgotten
« Reply #6 on: September 13, 2021, 12:23:20 am »
"No man, no woman, no matter what office they've held or wealth they've acquired, are worthy of blind faith or obedience," Christie said Thursday evening.

Unquestionably what Christie says here is true; no person deserves blind faith or obedience.

What Christie says here is also irrelevant.  The evidence we all plainly saw that the election of 2020 was not credible has nothing to do with blind faith or obedience to anyone.
James 1:20

Offline Killer Clouds

« Reply #7 on: September 13, 2021, 01:26:17 am »
STFU Christie.  Go plead with Obastard for another hug or two.
:amen:

Offline Wingnut

• That is the problem with everything. They try and make it better without realizing the old is fine.
« Reply #8 on: September 13, 2021, 01:42:32 am »
Sure, fatso, as soon as you stop pretending you will be anywhere near 1600 Penn.

Pound for pound he could hit 1600.
I am just a Technicolor Dream Cat riding this kaleidoscope of life.

Offline MajorClay

« Reply #9 on: September 13, 2021, 01:43:55 am »
Chris, STFU and go away

Offline jafo2010

• Dems-greatest existential threat to USA republic!
« Reply #10 on: September 15, 2021, 03:20:24 pm »
I don't think we need Christie to remind conservatives just how badly they lost in 2020.  Republicans claim they did not lose any seats in 2020, but that is simply not true.

I live in the 7th Congressional District in Georgia.  We had a Republican rep who decided not to run again.  We had a man that is an emergency doctor run as the Republican candidate, and he lost to Boudreaux.  I offered to help his campaign, and when I spoke to his campaign manager, I knew he would lose.  His strategy was idiotic to say the least.  I suspect he will run again, and once more lose if he uses the same strategy.

Sadly, people that are novices to politics do not understand one fundamental rule to win.  You MUST press the flesh with as many folks as possible, for many people will vote for you only because they shook your hand, and novices just do not get that!

Offline Fishrrman

• Dumbest member of the forum
« Reply #11 on: September 16, 2021, 12:31:07 am »
"Chris Christie calls on GOP to stop 'pretending we won' in 2020"

Fishrrman calls on Chris Christie to "stop pretending you're still a relevant politician" in 2021...

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #12 on: September 16, 2021, 01:14:51 am »
Christie and Romney seem to be in races to see who can surrender to the democrats the quickest.

@christian

Of course. There is lots of money as well as undisclosed prizes associated with being the one that sells out the GOP.

The competition to hold that position will be intense.
Anyone who isn't paranoid in 2021 just isn't thinking clearly!