Author Topic: FNC’s Wallace to Nebraska Gov. Ricketts: If Polio, Chicken Pox Mandates Are OK, Why Not COVID?  (Read 543 times)

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
FNC’s Wallace to Nebraska Gov. Ricketts: If Polio, Chicken Pox Mandates Are OK, Why Not COVID?

Pam Key 12 Sep 2021

During an interview on this week’s broadcast of “Fox News Sunday,” FNC’s Chris Wallace challenged Gov. Pete Ricketts (R-NE) for opposing President Joe Biden’s mandate for the COVID-19 vaccine but not for other diseases.

Ricketts said, “We have been encouraging people to get vaccinated. We’ve been providing information encouraging people to reach out to their neighbors because vaccines work and they will help people. But it should be a personal health care choice. This is not something that the government should mandate, and somebody shouldn’t have to make the choice between keeping their job and getting a job in the arm. It’s just wrong. I’ve talked to people, a number of people who have told me if they made me take the vaccine, I’m just going to be fired, I’m not going to do it.”

Wallace said, “You say it’s a personal choice. In fact, to attend school in your state of Nebraska, children must be vaccinated against a number of diseases. Let me put them up on the screen. They must be vaccinated against diphtheria, tetanus and pertussis, polio, measles, mumps, and rubella, hepatitis B, and chicken pox. Why are those mandates that parents and your state must comply with and do comply with routinely — why is it that they are not so objectionable and such a violation of personal freedom but Biden’s vaccine mandates are?”

more
https://www.breitbart.com/clips/2021/09/12/fncs-wallace-to-nebraska-gov-ricketts-if-polio-chicken-pox-mandates-are-ok-why-not-covid/
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline Kamaji

It's a fair question.  Part of the answer is this:  (1) the diseases against which vaccines have historically been mandated are substantially more severe than COVID-19, which is almost unnoticeable except for a very small minority, for whom it can be severe or fatal, (2) the vaccines have been heavily tested and have a very, very low serious side effect ratio compared to their efficacy against the disease to which they provide immunity, and (3) the immunity these vaccines provide does not fade after several months, and is substantially greater with respect to any potential variants within the virus against which they provide immunity, something that the COVID-19 vaccines currently cannot do.

Bring us a COVID-19 vaccine that satisfies the same criteria that these vaccines satisfy, and we can reconsider the issue.  Until then, it should remain a matter of personal choice.

Offline 240B

• Lord of all things Orange!
  • TBR Advisory Committee
    • I try my best ...
Polio and Chicken Pox did not have a 99% recovery rate.
You cannot "COEXIST" with people who want to kill you.
If they kill their own with no conscience, there is nothing to stop them from killing you.
Rational fear and anger at vicious murderous Islamic terrorists is the same as irrational antisemitism, according to the Leftists.

Offline EdinVA

Those are state mandates for school, not federal

Offline DCPatriot

• "...and the winning number is...not yours!
Polio and Chicken Pox did not have a 99% recovery rate.

Pretty sure that Chicken Pox has a 99% recovery rate, but your point is well taken.
"It aint what you don't know that kills you.  It's what you know that aint so!" ...Theodore Sturgeon

"Journalism is about covering the news.  With a pillow.  Until it stops moving."    - David Burge (Iowahawk)

"It was only a sunny smile, and little it cost in the giving, but like morning light it scattered the night and made the day worth living" F. Scott Fitzgerald

Offline 240B

• Lord of all things Orange!
  • TBR Advisory Committee
    • I try my best ...
Pretty sure that Chicken Pox has a 99% recovery rate, but your point is well taken.
Tell that to the Native Americans. They lost almost their entire population, not just 1%.
You cannot "COEXIST" with people who want to kill you.
If they kill their own with no conscience, there is nothing to stop them from killing you.
Rational fear and anger at vicious murderous Islamic terrorists is the same as irrational antisemitism, according to the Leftists.

Online catfish1957

• If you are a democrat.... You are my enemy. We will never forget May 30, 2024. FJB
  • Political Researcher
Tell that to the Native Americans. They lost almost their entire population, not just 1%.

I think a lot more of us would support Vax mandates if there was some tangible evidence that they would prevent people getting COVID-19.

That obviously has not been the case, and trust level of our government is in tatters.
I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
I believe you are referring to smallpox, not chicken pox.
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Online catfish1957

• If you are a democrat.... You are my enemy. We will never forget May 30, 2024. FJB
  • Political Researcher
I believe you are referring to smallpox, not chicken pox.

Beware of white guys who want to trade you blankets for trinkets.
I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.

Offline bilo

Those are state mandates for school, not federal

Thank you. I was pondering why not have federal mandate.
A stranger in a hostile foreign land I used to call home

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
Thank you. I was pondering why not have federal mandate.
Nowhere in the Constitution is the Federal Government given the power to demand that you put (or not put) something in your body.

This is why the Feds are trying the end run of demanding corporations require the jabs, rather than doing it themselves.
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Online catfish1957

• Political Researcher
I know a lot of people are rightfully having heartburn on Vax mandates, but many of oldsters who (in my case...early 1960's) remember lining up single file for our smallpox and polio shots.  And to the best of my knowledge those shots were mandatory.

Offline EdinVA

https://mobile.twitter.com/nedryun/status/1437026748231790594

So that is why the administration is getting all worked up because Israel is seeing problems.
Lied to again...

Offline bilo

Nowhere in the Constitution is the Federal Government given the power to demand that you put (or not put) something in your body.

This is why the Feds are trying the end run of demanding corporations require the jabs, rather than doing it themselves.

Didn't the SCOTUS sell us out on that with obamacare? If the govt can mandate I buy a specific product whether I want to or not why can't it take the next step and say I have to put something in my body.

Offline bilo

I know a lot of people are rightfully having heartburn on Vax mandates, but many of oldsters who (in my case...early 1960's) remember lining up single file for our smallpox and polio shots.  And to the best of my knowledge those shots were mandatory.

The key issue being, back then it was determined by the individual States. We were still a representative republic back then.

Online catfish1957

• Political Researcher
The key issue being, back then it was determined by the individual States. We were still a representative republic back then.

Very true.....

But it also seems some in our ranks are turned off by the concept all together.

Offline Right_in_Virginia

By that time, the polio vaccine had been in trials for at least six years (suspended at least once) and the smallpox vaccine was around for more than 100 years, with improvements routinely made.  Both vaccines also worked --- they prevented the disease.  In fact, smallox was proclaimed "erradicated" in the late 1970s and the vaccine removed from circulation.

The government has a moral obligation to mandate a substance that is both  safe long-term and effective in preventing disease. Full FDA certification and removal of liability protections for the drug companies should be two minimum requirements for any vaccine, but especially for those the government seeks to mandate.

Until such time, the drug is experiemental and the decision to receive it is solely between patient and physician.

« Last Edit: September 12, 2021, 05:09:00 pm by Right_in_Virginia »

Offline Wingnut

• That is the problem with everything. They try and make it better without realizing the old is fine.

There is one difference in my mind from then and now.  The fear of the Pox and Polio was real. Everyone I knew in my town/school knew someone who suffered from polio and they were either dead or crippled from it.  Plus those Vaxes where proven to work as prescribed.  Contrast this clusterfuck of a response to a manufactured fear to the flu.  It just isn't the same. 
I am just a Technicolor Dream Cat riding this kaleidoscope of life.

Offline Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
I'll take "because none of the things you mention are Viri Chris" for $1000 Alex!
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Online catfish1957

• Political Researcher
There is one difference in my mind from then and now.  The fear of the Pox and Polio was real. Everyone I knew in my town/school knew someone who suffered from polio and they were either dead or crippled from it.  Plus those Vaxes where proven to work as prescribed.  Contrast this clusterfuck of a response to a manufactured fear to the flu.  It just isn't the same.

Agreed, but my fear is that at some point, a good true Vax will be developed and availabe for control of COVID.  This government has f'ed up any possibility of credibility in that fact when th etime comes.

Offline bilo

Very true.....

But it also seems some in our ranks are turned off by the concept all together.

The concept of being a representative republic?

BTW, I appreciate your input on this issue I'm still working out the arguments. I've already decided I won't take any of the vaccines because of the use of aborted fetal stem cells in the testing, or development, of them.

Offline bilo

By that time, the polio vaccine had been in trials for at least six years (suspended at least once) and the smallpox vaccine was around for more than 100 years, with improvements routinely made.  Both vaccines also worked --- they prevented the disease.  In fact, smallox was proclaimed "erradicated" in the late 1970s and the vaccine removed from circulation.

The government has a moral obligation to mandate a substance that is both  safe long-term and effective in preventing disease. Full FDA certification and removal of liability protections for the drug companies should be two minimum requirements for any vaccine, but especially for those the government seeks to mandate.

Until such time, the drug is experiemental and the decision to receive it is solely between patient and physician.

Also, if I understand this correctly the vaccines were only mandated if you were going to attend a govt. school. They were not mandated for work, or if you home schooled.

Online catfish1957

• Political Researcher
The concept of being a representative republic?

BTW, I appreciate your input on this issue I'm still working out the arguments. I've already decided I won't take any of the vaccines because of the use of aborted fetal stem cells in the testing, or development, of them.

No... the concept of mandatory vaccinations.  I am pretty sure 99% of briefers support being a reprsenative republic.