Author Topic: Football season thread - Fall 2021 🏈  (Read 2824 times)

Offline Right_in_Virginia

Re: Football season thread - Fall 2021 🏈
« Reply #50 on: January 30, 2022, 09:02:51 pm »

Offline jmyrlefuller

• J. Myrle Fuller
  • Realistic nihilist
    • Fullervision
« Reply #51 on: January 31, 2022, 11:19:13 am »
Well,  it looks like the Rams will be hosting the Bengals in the Super Bowl.
New profile picture in honor of Public Domain Day 2024

Online catfish1957

• Laken Riley.... Say her Name. And to every past and future democrat voter- Her blood is on your hands too!!!
  • Political Researcher
« Reply #52 on: January 31, 2022, 12:25:54 pm »
This will make either 3 or 4 superbowls I'll miss in a row in the NFL Woke era.
I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.

Offline mountaineer

« Reply #53 on: January 31, 2022, 12:54:48 pm »
I was kind of glad the teams the sports media were rooting for didn't make it. Also, one of my favorites in the LPGA, Lydia Ko, won yesterday. It was a good sports day.
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Online catfish1957

• Laken Riley.... Say her Name. And to every past and future democrat voter- Her blood is on your hands too!!!
  • Political Researcher
« Reply #54 on: January 31, 2022, 01:21:45 pm »
I was kind of glad the teams the sports media were rooting for didn't make it. Also, one of my favorites in the LPGA, Lydia Ko, won yesterday. It was a good sports day.

I did have to laugh at the match up.  This is almost the equivlancy of a Brewers- Royals World Series.   Keep League officals  and advertisers away from 10th story windows for awhile.
I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.

Offline jmyrlefuller

• J. Myrle Fuller
  • Realistic nihilist
    • Fullervision
« Reply #55 on: January 31, 2022, 03:57:48 pm »

I did have to laugh at the match up.  This is almost the equivlancy of a Brewers- Royals World Series.   Keep League officals  and advertisers away from 10th story windows for awhile.
The way ratings have been falling with the same old year after year... this might actually be a relief to them. Four out of the past five years, Tom Brady was there, and now he's gone... and Patrick Mahomes was in the last two. Seeing someone new might actually be refreshing.

Online rustynail

« Reply #56 on: January 31, 2022, 04:00:02 pm »
Who Dey!

Online catfish1957

• Political Researcher
« Reply #57 on: February 02, 2022, 01:51:52 pm »
https://ftw.usatoday.com/lists/brian-flores-lawsuit-dolphins-stephen-ross-tank

Dolphins' owner Stephen Ross allegedly offered Brian Flores $100k for every loss that improved the team's draft position.

Anyone else notice every single recent playoff game was a supposed possible best playoff game of all time?  And Last 6 playoff games were decided by less than a TD?  Pretty coincidental don't you think in the era of 6000+ yard a year passers?

:pondering:

Not believing or accusing that actually happened, but from a perspective fan interest standpoint, if they did want to script this woke corrupt game.......... 

Then add the timing of this accusation?  And game throwing and score fixing is a phenmemon that did happen to baseball a 100 years ago.   

Offline mountaineer

« Reply #58 on: February 02, 2022, 02:37:51 pm »
The Deadskins become the Commanders.  *****rollingeyes*****

Tweeted by @Fabreezio3

Offline Hoodat

« Reply #59 on: February 02, 2022, 03:03:59 pm »
The Deadskins become the Commanders.  *****rollingeyes*****

In five years, someone will trace the word 'commander' back to the Knights Templar, and will be demanding they change it because of atrocities committed against the Turks at Malta.
If a political party does not have its foundation in the determination to advance a cause that is right and that is moral, then it is not a political party; it is merely a conspiracy to seize power.

-Dwight Eisenhower-

"The [U.S.] Constitution is a limitation on the government, not on private individuals ... it does not prescribe the conduct of private individuals, only the conduct of the government ... it is not a charter for government power, but a charter of the citizen's protection against the government."

-Ayn Rand-

Online rustynail

« Reply #60 on: February 02, 2022, 06:20:01 pm »
Nice of them to name  their team after Joe and Dr. Jill's new dog.

Offline DCPatriot

• "...and the winning number is...not yours!
« Reply #61 on: February 03, 2022, 03:44:48 am »
Hue Jackson accuses Cleveland Browns of incentivizing losing during 2016, '17 football seasons
Jake Trotter

Former Cleveland Browns coach Hue Jackson said Wednesday on ESPN's SportsCenter that the team had a "four-year plan" that incentivized losing during the first two years which led to his 1-31 record during the 2016 and 2017 seasons.

Jackson said that bonus money was available if certain measurables were met such as aggregate rankings, being the youngest team and having so many draft picks.

"Teams that win are just not the youngest team, not that the youngest teams can't win, so I didn't understand the process," Jackson told ESPN. "I didn't understand what the plan was, I asked for clarity because it did not talk about winning and losing until Year 3 and 4. So that told you right there that something wasn't correct but I still couldn't understand it until I had the team that I had."

https://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/33202029/hue-jackson-accuses-cleveland-browns-paying-tank-2016-17

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

If anybody out there thinks this isn't done by a number of franchises in any given season...think again.

"It aint what you don't know that kills you.  It's what you know that aint so!" ...Theodore Sturgeon

"Journalism is about covering the news.  With a pillow.  Until it stops moving."    - David Burge (Iowahawk)

"It was only a sunny smile, and little it cost in the giving, but like morning light it scattered the night and made the day worth living" F. Scott Fitzgerald

Offline mountaineer

« Reply #62 on: February 05, 2022, 11:35:43 pm »
Every day the Browns kept Hue Jackson on the payroll, they demonstrated an utter lack of desire to win. I don't suppose that's what Hue is talking about, though. He went 1-31. Shut up.

Meanwhile:
Whitlock: ESPN race-baiters will not tell you that Brian Flores is actually hurting black coaches
Jason Whitlock
February 04, 2022

Let’s ask the obvious question as it relates to Brian Flores’ discrimination lawsuit against the NFL, the New York Giants, Denver Broncos, and Miami Dolphins:

Has Flores damaged the job prospects and work relationships of his black coaching peers?

No doubt, Flores is a hero to Nate Burleson, Mike Greenberg, Stephen A. Smith, Elle Duncan, Ryan Clark, Shannon Sharpe, and countless other blue-check sports media figures whose job is to goad and then celebrate emotional and non-strategic behavior from black men.

Flores is following in the footsteps of Colin Kaepernick, George Floyd, and Jacob Blake. He’s acting as an emotional trigger, a justification for chaos, animus, and protest. ...

Let me repeat: Stephen Ross ran the blackest organization in the NFL. Brian Flores is attempting to get Ross removed from the league. Stephen A. Smith, Ryan Clark, and the rest of ESPN’s BLM gang are assisting Flores in his effort to kick Ross out of the league.

Brian Flores is hurting black coaches.  ...
Read entire article at The Blaze

Offline jmyrlefuller

• J. Myrle Fuller
  • Realistic nihilist
    • Fullervision
« Reply #63 on: February 13, 2022, 09:41:40 pm »

Offline GtHawk

• I don't believe in Trump anymore, he's an illusion
« Reply #64 on: February 13, 2022, 11:08:19 pm »
Super Bowl live thread
Well I hope you fans here enjoy it, I think the last time I watched pro football it was the Rams playing and the announcer was saying something about Gabriel to Snow.  :laugh:

Online rustynail

« Reply #65 on: February 13, 2022, 11:21:07 pm »
Who Dey!