Author Topic: World’s dirtiest cities list raises issue: Why don’t politicians call out China?  (Read 109 times)

rangerrebew

World’s dirtiest cities list raises issue: Why don’t politicians call out China?
By CFACT Ed |September 9th, 2021|Climate, Environment|6 Comments

BY DAVID HOLT:

Ponder this: A new tally of global cities’ emissions finds that the top 25 are responsible for 52% of the planet’s urban greenhouse gas emissions. Twenty-three of those are in China.

New York City is the first American city to appear, at No. 26. Out of the top 75, just four other American cities are listed – San Diego, Houston, Chicago and Los Angeles – all of them ranked 41 or higher. In other words, the U.S. – including each of our major cities – is outperforming the world when it comes to emissions.

All this data begs a question of our elected leaders who say we have to do more for our environment, banking on the fact that many Americans hear “environment” and think only locally, as in their state or nation. The fact is that the environment – including carbon emission – is global, so what we do here matters but what happens globally matters as much, if not more.

Unless we can use our U.S. innovation and leadership to spur other nations to make meaningful progress, then global environmental improvement will not happen. This is an indisputable fact.

https://www.cfact.org/2021/09/09/worlds-dirtiest-cities-list-raises-issue-why-dont-politicians-call-out-china/?utm_source=rss&utm_medium=rss&utm_campaign=worlds-dirtiest-cities-list-raises-issue-why-dont-politicians-call-out-china

Offline Kamaji

Because it's China, and China owns a sufficient number of world leaders - you didn't think Biden was their only purchase, did you? - so that they get excluded from the bullshit the enviro-fascists want to force on the rest of us.

Interesting fact from the linked article:  in 2019, China emitted more greenhouse gases than all of the developed countries in the world together did.

rangerrebew

Interesting fact from the linked article:  in 2019, China emitted more greenhouse gases than all of the developed countries in the world together did.

Oh yeah?  What we lacked in quantity was more than made up for in quality, I'm sure.  Our dirt was worse than the dirt anywhere else in the world.  Just ask any environmentalist. *****rollingeyes*****

Online DefiantMassRINO

... because Global Climate change is a Chinese Communist conspiracy to weaken the West, specifically the US?

Self-Anointed Deplorable Expert Chowderhead Pundit
I reserve my God-given rights to be wrong and to be stupid at all times.

"If at first you don’t succeed, destroy all evidence that you tried." - Steven Wright

Comrades, I swear on Trump's soul that I am not working from a CIA troll farm in Kiev.