Author Topic: If It Came Down to a War, Iran’s Navy Would Be Crushed by the U.S. Navy  (Read 300 times)

rangerrebew

September 9, 2021

If It Came Down to a War, Iran’s Navy Would Be Crushed by the U.S. Navy

Iran’s fleet has a long history of waging losing fights with the United States and other Western powers.
by David Axe Follow @daxe on Twitter L

Here's What You Need to Remember: “Small,” “lightly-armed” and “likely obsolete” describes the entire Iranian navy. They don't stand a chance.

The Iranian navy is about to get a little bit bigger. But it’s still hopelessly outclassed by rival fleets. The naval imbalance could weigh on diplomatic and military strategies in Tehran, Washington, D.C. and other world capitals as tensions escalate in the Persian Gulf region.

The navy in August 2019 announced it will return to service the frigate Damavand following 18 months of repairs. Damavand in January 2018 collided with a pier, killing two sailors and badly damaging the vessel.

https://nationalinterest.org/blog/reboot/if-it-came-down-war-iran%E2%80%99s-navy-would-be-crushed-us-navy-193346

Offline skeeter

Re: If It Came Down to a War, Iran’s Navy Would Be Crushed by the U.S. Navy
« Reply #1 on: September 09, 2021, 04:06:36 pm »
It’s a shame an essay like this even need be written.

Offline EdinVA

« Reply #2 on: September 09, 2021, 04:08:10 pm »
Well, a stone age society just drove us out of a 20 year war so not so sure I would take this bet...

Online Wingnut

• That is the problem with everything. They try and make it better without realizing the old is fine.
« Reply #3 on: September 09, 2021, 04:39:11 pm »
Fake News.  Not with Biden as CnC. 
I am just a Technicolor Dream Cat riding this kaleidoscope of life.

Online Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #4 on: September 09, 2021, 06:20:54 pm »
That victory would extend no further than Iran's Persian Gulf coast.  If it's a Rat President, surrender to Iran would come shortly after sinking their fleet, then we'd rebuild their fleet for them.
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Online rustynail

« Reply #5 on: September 09, 2021, 06:29:48 pm »
Only if they accidently ran over some.

Offline AARguy

« Reply #6 on: September 10, 2021, 06:31:04 am »
A shooting war between the USA and Iran would be nuclear. It would start with Iran cargo ships and fishing boats pulling into US ports coast-to-coast and detonating nukes simultaneously. Meanwhile, their helicopter tender KHARG would launch a North Korean-made SUPERSCUD from off the eastern coast to detonate over the heartland of America, blanketing the middle of the USA with EMP and disabling all electronics in the area. Then we'd destroy Iran... but we'd still be clobbered.

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #7 on: September 10, 2021, 02:37:41 pm »
It’s a shame an essay like this even need be written.

@skeeter

I can't even begin to guess why anyone wasted time on it. That sea war would only last for hours before a total victory was declared by the USN.

There is not a Naval force in the world that can stand up to ours. Maybe not even all of them put together if we were to get serious enough to go nuclear.
Anyone who isn't paranoid in 2021 just isn't thinking clearly!

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #8 on: September 10, 2021, 02:40:32 pm »
A shooting war between the USA and Iran would be nuclear. It would start with Iran cargo ships and fishing boats pulling into US ports coast-to-coast and detonating nukes simultaneously. Meanwhile, their helicopter tender KHARG would launch a North Korean-made SUPERSCUD from off the eastern coast to detonate over the heartland of America, blanketing the middle of the USA with EMP and disabling all electronics in the area. Then we'd destroy Iran... but we'd still be clobbered.

@AARguy

I like to THINK our intel is good enough to warn us this was going to happen in time to "shoot back first".

Providing of course someone didn't  pay our political leadership enough to make them ignore the warnings after moving their own families out of danger.

Offline ironhorsedriver

« Reply #9 on: September 10, 2021, 07:30:20 pm »
@AARguy

I like to THINK our intel is good enough to warn us this was going to happen in time to "shoot back first".

Providing of course someone didn't  pay our political leadership enough to make them ignore the warnings after moving their own families out of danger.

And lock down the Country under Martial Law.

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #10 on: September 10, 2021, 09:16:38 pm »
And lock down the Country under Martial Law.

@ironhorsedriver

Yeah,I don't see that as the most clever move they can ever make. It practically guarantees the shootings and hangings will begin THAT day.

It's one thing if you live in Portland or LA. Try that crap in civilized portions of the country where it is in no way justified,and you are likely to end up swinging at the end of a rope. You will create the very thing you are claiming you are trying to prevent.

Just out of curiousity,how many of you think the crap being pulled in Portland would last more than a day in most southern or mid-western parts of the country before the shootings and hangings began?
« Last Edit: September 10, 2021, 09:18:37 pm by sneakypete »

Online libertybele

« Reply #11 on: September 10, 2021, 09:20:16 pm »
Fake News.  Not with Biden as CnC.

That was exactly my thought when I read the headline; not with China Joe at the helm.
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline AARguy

« Reply #12 on: September 11, 2021, 10:56:44 am »
Sadly, we would never know until it went boom. A nuke in a ship's hold is pretty much undetectable. We have ships under and on the water carrying nukes all the time. Our enemies can't find the ships, let alone know what they carry.

Offline catfish1957

• Laken Riley.... Say her Name. And to every past and future democrat voter- Her blood is on your hands too!!!
  • Political Researcher
« Reply #13 on: September 11, 2021, 01:06:07 pm »
Let's pray there are mimimal number of time our military is used while this blithering drooling idiot plays CIC.
I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.

rangerrebew

« Reply #14 on: September 11, 2021, 01:39:40 pm »
@sneakypete

Just out of curiousity,how many of you think the crap being pulled in Portland would last more than a day in most southern or mid-western parts of the country before the shootings and hangings began?

It would be impetus for congressional democrats to declare their "loyalty" to America.  If they thought Jan. 6 was an insurrection, they're sadly mistaken.  I honestly think democrats and rinos would be among the first to get a free swing.  Their "loyalty" to America would be nothing but a scam to avoid the "chiropractors" of neck stretching.  I don't think it would take long. :reaper:

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #15 on: September 11, 2021, 02:19:46 pm »
@sneakypete

It would be impetus for congressional democrats to declare their "loyalty" to America.  If they thought Jan. 6 was an insurrection, they're sadly mistaken. I honestly think democrats and rinos would be among the first to get a free swing.  Their "loyalty" to America would be nothing but a scam to avoid the "chiropractors" of neck stretching.  I don't think it would take long. :reaper:

@rangerrebew

Those weasels are not even loyal to their families. It's all about "Me,me,ME,DAMMIT!" with them.