Author Topic: Early Voting in California Recall Shows Strong Turnout in Bay Area  (Read 240 times)

Offline Right_in_Virginia

Early Voting in California Recall Shows Strong Turnout in Bay Area
« on: September 06, 2021, 12:11:10 pm »
Early Voting in California Recall Shows Strong Turnout in Bay Area
Newsmax, Sep 5, 2021

Election officials say the high turnout for early voting in California's recall election of Gavin Newsom on Sept. 14 is shaping up to be historic.

San Francisco Elections Chief John Arntz said few are showing up for in-person voting, but mail-in ballots are flooding in. So far, San Francisco has received 183,000 out of 500,000 sent out to registered voters.

"The turnout is 2 percentage points behind last November's 2020 presidential election," Arntz says, according to ABC 7 News, "that election was actually the biggest in the city's history."

The high voter turnout reflects strong sentiment on whether or not California Gov. Gavin Newsom will keep his job in Sacramento.

San Mateo County Assistant Elections Chief Jim Irizarry says, "There is a lot of activity in early voting, particularly on the vote by mail side of the equation."

Election officials for San Mateo say they have received 167,000 mail-in ballots out of the 440,000 sent to registered voters.

https://www.newsmax.com/amp/politics/california-recall-election-gavinnewsom/2021/09/05/id/1035160/?__twitter_impression=true

Online GtHawk

• I don't believe in Trump anymore, he's an illusion
Re: Early Voting in California Recall Shows Strong Turnout in Bay Area
« Reply #1 on: September 06, 2021, 06:25:34 pm »
The push for early voting is very strong with TV ads and emails. I believe that they are pushing so hard so that they have a better idea of how many fraudulent ballots they will need to maufacture.

Offline Wingnut

• That is the problem with everything. They try and make it better without realizing the old is fine.
Re: Early Voting in California Recall Shows Strong Turnout in Bay Area
« Reply #2 on: September 06, 2021, 07:42:28 pm »
I will bet, in the end, the ballot count of returned ballots exceeds the 500K registered voters in SF.
I am just a Technicolor Dream Cat riding this kaleidoscope of life.