Author Topic: EPA Penalized for Polluting  (Read 228 times)

Online Elderberry

• TBR Contributor
EPA Penalized for Polluting
« on: September 05, 2021, 01:18:22 pm »
Watts Up With That? 9/5/2021

Under the category you can’t make this stuff up, the September 3, 2021 Federal Register included a notice of a proposed settlement agreement, enforcement action alleging air pollution violations for the US Environmental Protection Agency’s Edison New Jersey facility.  The federal agency responsible for compliance with environmental regulations did not comply with New Jersey boiler and emergency generator regulations.

According to the Federal Register notice:

“In November 2019, New Jersey conducted an inspection of EPA’s Edison facility and found several state law violations regarding EPA’s boilers and emergency generators. Based on
this inspection, and further information provided by EPA, New Jersey alleged the following types of violations:

•   Failure to seek new general permits when the boilers and emergency generators were replaced;

•   Operating the boilers and emergency generators with expired general permits;

•   Operating one emergency generator on five bad air days;

•   Operating one boiler on one bad air day; and

•   Improper tune-ups and/or tune-up report submission for two boilers.”

More: https://wattsupwiththat.com/2021/09/05/epa-penalized-for-polluting/

Offline catfish1957

• Laken Riley.... Say her Name. And to every past and future democrat voter- Her blood is on your hands too!!!
  • Political Researcher
Re: EPA Penalized for Polluting
« Reply #1 on: September 05, 2021, 01:30:14 pm »
EPA and state environmental agency inspectors  back in my working days were 90% greenhorns.  I have literally trained 100's of them when they would conduct their inspections at my facilities. These guys would get a couple of years of experience, and then move to to industry for much better money.  Hell, I hired  9 of the best them in my 20+ years as an Environmental Manager.

So, seeing an article that EPA can not even meet their own or a state's regs, is pretty much expected.   I also know of several cases where EPA contractors, (which is basically an extension of EPA) couldn't shoot straight on a Superfund Cleanup. 

I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.

Online Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
« Reply #2 on: September 05, 2021, 02:06:38 pm »
EPA and state environmental agency inspectors  back in my working days were 90% greenhorns.  I have literally trained 100's of them when they would conduct their inspections at my facilities. These guys would get a couple of years of experience, and then move to to industry for much better money.  Hell, I hired  9 of the best them in my 20+ years as an Environmental Manager.

So, seeing an article that EPA can not even meet their own or a state's regs, is pretty much expected.   I also know of several cases where EPA contractors, (which is basically an extension of EPA) couldn't shoot straight on a Superfund Cleanup.

You should have tried working with (around) OSHA pukes if you think the EPA is bad.
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline catfish1957

• Laken Riley.... Say her Name. And to every past and future democrat voter- Her blood is on your hands too!!!
  • Political Researcher
« Reply #3 on: September 05, 2021, 03:13:16 pm »
You should have tried working with (around) OSHA pukes if you think the EPA is bad.

I did.  I had Environmental, Health, and Safety during part of my career.  But honestly...  EPA was worse than OSHA.  DOT hands were the most reasonable and knowledgeable.  Corp of Engineer guys were the best.  You knew you were dealing with somebody who knew their business 

Working in Houston, with those numbnuts was the worst.  I remember (at the same time) dealing with (1) City of Houston (2) Harris County Pollution Control (3) TCEQ (state), and (4) EPA.....   All wanting and needing something different at the exact same time. A bureaucratic  CF of mega proportions.

My most lasting impression of EPA is way back when this female agent dressed up almost like a hooker with high heels wanting to crawl into an Asbestos waste dumpster without PPE. And another during the same inspection....  when he found about a pint of paint waste outside its disposal container...  He jumped up and down screaming like he won the Lotto yelling....   "I got a hit!!  I got a hit!!!  I got a hit!!!"

Yeah, but opinion of EPA through the years has been pretty dismally jaded.
I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.

Online Bigun

• The FairTax Plan
« Reply #4 on: September 05, 2021, 06:57:03 pm »
I did.  I had Environmental, Health, and Safety during part of my career.  But honestly...  EPA was worse than OSHA.  DOT hands were the most reasonable and knowledgeable.  Corp of Engineer guys were the best.  You knew you were dealing with somebody who knew their business 

Working in Houston, with those numbnuts was the worst.  I remember (at the same time) dealing with (1) City of Houston (2) Harris County Pollution Control (3) TCEQ (state), and (4) EPA.....   All wanting and needing something different at the exact same time. A bureaucratic  CF of mega proportions.

My most lasting impression of EPA is way back when this female agent dressed up almost like a hooker with high heels wanting to crawl into an Asbestos waste dumpster without PPE. And another during the same inspection....  when he found about a pint of paint waste outside its disposal container...  He jumped up and down screaming like he won the Lotto yelling....   "I got a hit!!  I got a hit!!!  I got a hit!!!"

Yeah, but opinion of EPA through the years has been pretty dismally jaded.

I can tell you about how well OSHA performed following an industrial accident that killed 17 people out in Channelview some years ago if you are interested @catfish1957 I'll assure you that my opinion of them is every bit as jaded.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline catfish1957

• Political Researcher
« Reply #5 on: September 05, 2021, 08:20:53 pm »
I remember that event.  Horrific. 

Online Bigun

• The FairTax Plan
« Reply #6 on: September 05, 2021, 10:48:31 pm »
I remember that event.  Horrific.

And they allowed the plant to be rebuilt without addressing the root problem so it could happen all over again.

- J. R. R. Tolkien