Author Topic: 'Betrayed by Biden... but I fight on in the valley that's my nation's last hope': Afghanistan's vice  (Read 151 times)

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
'Betrayed by Biden... but I fight on in the valley that's my nation's last hope': Afghanistan's vice-president Amrullah Saleh gives a brave despatch while under siege from the Taliban in his snow-capped mountain stronghold

By Amrullah Saleh In The Panjshir Valley, Afghanistan

Published: 17:22 EDT, 3 September 2021 | Updated: 08:40 EDT, 4 September 2021

Amrullah Saleh, 48, is the former vice president of Afghanistan, who escaped Kabul as the Taliban advanced to join Ahmad Massoud and the National Resistance Front in the Panjshir Valley.

The remote, 70 mile long valley, bordered by high mountains, is a geographical stronghold and the last province in Afghanistan to hold out against the Taliban. After peace negotiations failed, battle has now been joined with each side claiming territorial gains and heavy casualties in the past 48 hours.

In a courageous and moving dispatch from the frontline, Saleh - whose leader, President Ashraf Ghani, fled Kabul for the UAE - reveals his anger at Afghanistan's betrayal by America but urges the West not to abandon his beloved nation.

Yesterday I attended the burial ceremony of two of the best commanders I ever knew who were killed last night.

The fighting here is heavy now, with casualties on both sides. The Taliban are using American munitions against us and Blackhawk helicopters are being flown in to reinforce their attacks.

more
https://www.dailymail.co.uk/debate/article-9956441/Former-Afghan-vice-president-speaks-against-Joe-Biden-amid-Panjshir-Valley-Taliban-resistance.html
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34