Author Topic: Texas State Senator Breaks Down The Heartbeat Act: Here’s How It’s Enforceable  (Read 316 times)

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Texas State Senator Breaks Down The Heartbeat Act: Here’s How It’s Enforceable

Mary Margaret Olohan
Social Issues Reporter
September 03, 2021 4:02 PM ET

Abortion advocates who insist Texas’ Heartbeat Act places bounties on pregnant women’s heads are misrepresenting the legislation, Republican Texas state Sen. Brian Hughes told the Daily Caller News Foundation Friday.
    Anyone with evidence can bring a claim against a doctor, but for someone to be liable under the law, he said, that person would have to know that the mother intended to abort a baby that had a heartbeat.
    The most likely source would be an abortion clinic worker, a family member, or friend, or the mother herself, if she was coerced into the abortion, Hughes said.

Abortion advocates who insist Texas’ Heartbeat Act places bounties on pregnant women’s heads are misrepresenting the legislation, Republican Texas state Sen. Brian Hughes told the Daily Caller News Foundation Friday.

“I want to be very clear,” Hughes said. “There are no claims against the mother. We want to make sure folks realize that … I read a couple of places saying the mothers would receive criminal penalties. There are no criminal penalties in this bill at all. It’s driven by private civil enforcement against the doctor and against people who aid and abet the doctor and in doing illegal abortions.”

The new law, which bans abortions after a baby’s heartbeat can be detected, has particularly angered abortion proponents as it allows “any person” to sue doctors, abortion clinics, or anyone who “knowingly engages in conduct that aids or abets the performance or inducement of an abortion.”

Those who sue over an abortion may be awarded $10,000 “for each abortion” the defendant performed, induced, aided, or abetted in violation of the law.

more
https://dailycaller.com/2021/09/03/texas-state-senator-abortion-supreme-court-heartbeat-act/
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
If Planned parenthood goes under the democrats will have to find a new way to extract money from the public treasury into their party coffers and THAT is the real reason behind all their handwringing about the new Texas law.

@mystery-ak
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
If Planned parenthood goes under the democrats will have to find a new way to extract money from the public treasury into their party coffers and THAT is the real reason behind all their handwringing about the new Texas law.

@mystery-ak

@Bigun

Isn't it always about the money...considering PP is into selling dead baby parts...
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
@Bigun

Isn't it always about the money...considering PP is into selling dead baby parts...

:yowsa: Always!

@mystery-ak
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline IsailedawayfromFR

@Bigun

:thumbsup:
No punishment, in my opinion, is too great, for the man who can build his greatness upon his country's ruin~  George Washington

Offline Right_in_Virginia

The new law, which bans abortions after a baby’s heartbeat can be detected, has particularly angered abortion proponents as it allows “any person” to sue doctors, abortion clinics, or anyone who “knowingly engages in conduct that aids or abets the performance or inducement of an abortion.”

Do we really want this legal precedent?