Author Topic: The Navy Shakes Up Its Uniform Policy with New Haircuts as Well as Allowing Earrings for Men  (Read 157 times)

rangerrebew

The Navy Shakes Up Its Uniform Policy with New Haircuts as Well as Allowing Earrings for Men

1 Sep 2021
Military.com | By Konstantin Toropin

The Navy is changing its uniform policy, relaxing some requirements that include an expansion of the allowed hairstyles sailors can have as well as some changes to the rules surrounding the uniforms themselves.

Effective immediately, male sailors can have flat-tops, high and tight, faded and bald hairstyles, the Navy said in an administrative message issued Tuesday. Sideburns also are allowed, though not for bald sailors.

Meanwhile, female sailors will now be allowed to have “very short length hairstyles that show the scalp” to include one shaved side of the head, the message said. Women cannot have “bald hairstyles” unless there’s a medical reason.

https://www.military.com/daily-news/2021/09/01/navy-shakes-its-uniform-policy-new-haircuts-well-allowing-earrings-men.html

Offline rustynail

They will be stylish when dead at the bottom of the sea.

Offline AARguy

I understand the earrings thing. I was going to go Navy but they found out I was heterosexual.. GO ARMY! BEAT NAVY!

Offline roamer_1

I understand the earrings thing.

I, on the other hand, do not. I would reckon I have torn at least twenty earrings out of ears....  Same with long hair, neck chains, and neck ties... Give me a handle, and I'll use it.

Seems an absurdity to allow such things in fighting men. Though it's alright... The first time they run into a guy like me, they will learn.

Offline Right_in_Virginia

The Navy Shakes Up Its Uniform Policy with New Haircuts as Well as Allowing Earrings for Men

Meanwhile, in China......

China bans men it sees as not masculine enough from TV
Associated Press, Sep 3, 2021

BEIJING (AP) — China’s government banned effeminate men on TV and told broadcasters Thursday to promote “revolutionary culture,” broadening a campaign to tighten control over business and society and enforce official morality.

President Xi Jinping has called for a “national rejuvenation,” with tighter Communist Party control of business, education, culture and religion. Companies and the public are under increasing pressure to align with its vision for a more powerful China and healthier society.

The party has reduced children’s access to online games and is trying to discourage what it sees as unhealthy attention to celebrities.

Broadcasters must “resolutely put an end to sissy men and other abnormal esthetics,” the National Radio and TV Administration said, using an insulting slang term for effeminate men — “niang pao,” or literally, “girlie guns.”

More:  https://apnews.com/article/lifestyle-entertainment-business-religion-china-62dda0fc98601dd5afa3aa555a901b3f