Author Topic: Democrats sue to keep Abbott, Republicans from redistricting in special session this year  (Read 353 times)

Online corbe

Democrats sue to keep Abbott, Republicans from redistricting in special session this year

Sami Sparber, Staff writer, The Dallas Morning News  1 hr ago

AUSTIN — Two Democratic state senators on Wednesday filed a lawsuit that challenges the plans of Gov. Greg Abbott and GOP legislative leaders to redraw political maps in a special session this year. The senators argued the Texas Constitution requires it be done in a regular session that won’t happen until 2023.

If successful, the suit by Sens. Sarah Eckhardt of Austin and Roland Gutierrez of San Antonio would require judges to create interim redistricting plans for the Legislature to use in the 2022 midterm elections.

In their suit against Abbott and acting Texas Secretary of State Jose A. Esparza filed with the U.S. District Court for the Western District of Texas, the senators’ legal team argued a provision of Texas Constitution outlining the schedule for redrawing legislative maps “prohibits the Legislature from apportioning districts until ‘the first regular session after the publication of each United States decennial census.”’

<..snip..>

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/politics/democrats-sue-to-keep-abbott-republicans-from-redistricting-in-special-session-this-year/ar-AANZUB9?ocid=msedgntp
No government in the 12,000 years of modern mankind history has led its people into anything but the history books with a simple lesson, don't let this happen to you.

Offline IsailedawayfromFR

Too bad Democrats.

Take your agenda to another state
« Last Edit: September 02, 2021, 01:59:38 pm by IsailedawayfromFR »
No punishment, in my opinion, is too great, for the man who can build his greatness upon his country's ruin~  George Washington

Online Wingnut

• That is the problem with everything. They try and make it better without realizing the old is fine.
Too bad Democrats.

Take your agenda to another state

It must be hard representing leftwing losers when your only legislative plan is to use the court.
I am just a Technicolor Dream Cat riding this kaleidoscope of life.

Offline IsailedawayfromFR

It must be hard representing leftwing losers when your only legislative plan is to use the court.
Yep, they should have read up on where Judge Roy Bean wore his hat, too.
No punishment, in my opinion, is too great, for the man who can build his greatness upon his country's ruin~  George Washington

Online corbe

They didn't learn $hit from their recent escapade to DC.

No government in the 12,000 years of modern mankind history has led its people into anything but the history books with a simple lesson, don't let this happen to you.

Online catfish1957

• Laken Riley.... Say her Name. And to every past and future democrat voter- Her blood is on your hands too!!!
  • Political Researcher
Seems we see this Kabuki dance number every 10 years. 
I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.