Author Topic: Taliban fighters upset, feel betrayed that US military left non-working helicopters  (Read 111 times)

Offline Wingnut

• That is the problem with everything. They try and make it better without realizing the old is fine.
 I thought this was from Babylon Bee.  I had to look twice to be sure!

Taliban fighters are feeling angry and betrayed Wednesday after discovering that Afghan National Army helicopters abandoned at Kabul’s airport have been rendered inoperable by departing U.S. troops, according to a report.

An Al Jazeera reporter who toured a hanger on the military side of the airport said in a video that the terrorist group "expected the Americans to leave helicopters like this in one piece for their use."

"When I said to them, ‘why do you think that the Americans would have left everything operational for you’? They said because we believe it is a national asset and we are the government now and this could have come to great use for us," she continued.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/world/taliban-fighters-upset-feel-betrayed-that-us-military-left-non-working-helicopters-report/ar-AANZ8Oa?ocid=Peregrine
« Last Edit: September 01, 2021, 05:46:40 pm by Wingnut »
I am just a Technicolor Dream Cat riding this kaleidoscope of life.