Author Topic: A Resignation and Mental Health Screening: The Unfolding Saga of the Marine Who Called Out Leadersh  (Read 65 times)

rangerrebew

A Resignation and Mental Health Screening: The Unfolding Saga of the Marine Who Called Out Leadership on Afghanistan

31 Aug 2021

The story of Lt. Col. Stu Scheller, the Marine officer who posted a viral video demanding accountability from military leaders for the failures in Afghanistan, took a strange turn this week after he posted a new video Sunday in which he resigns his commission "effective immediately" and threatens to "bring the whole f---ing system down."

Scheller begins the video by thanking people for an outpouring of support but acknowledges that he has been relieved of command. He is quick to add, "I am not pending legal action."

"I'm resigning my commission as a United States Marine effective now," Scheller declared. "I am forfeiting my retirement, all entitlements -- I don't want a single dollar."

https://www.military.com/daily-news/2021/08/31/resignation-and-mental-health-screening-unfolding-saga-of-marine-who-called-out-leadership.html