Author Topic: Private payrolls increase by just 374,000 in August, far short of the 600,000 estimate, ADP says  (Read 174 times)

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Private payrolls increase by just 374,000 in August, far short of the 600,000 estimate, ADP says
Published Wed, Sep 1 20218:15 AM EDTUpdated 24 Min Ago
Jeff Cox
@Jeff.cox.7528

Private payrolls rose by 374,000 in August, well below the Dow Jones estimate of 600,000 though above July’s 326,000, according to ADP.
    Most of the new jobs came from leisure and hospitality, which added 201,000 positions.
    The ADP tally comes two days before the Labor Department’s nonfarm payrolls report. The two counts have differed widely this year.

U.S. companies created far fewer jobs than expected in August as the Covid resurgence coincided with cutbacks in hiring, according to a report Wednesday from payroll services firm ADP.

Private payrolls rose just 374,000 for the month, well below the Dow Jones estimate of 600,000 though above July’s 326,000, which was revised downward slightly from initial 330,000 reading.

Most of the new jobs came from leisure and hospitality, which added 201,000 positions in a somewhat hopeful sign that an industry beset by a labor shortage continues to recover.

Education and health services combined to add 59,000 for the month as hospitals in some parts of the country were swamped with virus cases and schools begin to reopen.

more
https://www.cnbc.com/2021/09/01/private-payrolls-increase-by-just-374000-in-august-far-short-of-the-600000-estimate-adp-says.html
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Online LMAO

Let’s stop paying people not to work
I have little interest in streamlining government or in making it more efficient, for I mean to reduce its size. I do not undertake to promote welfare, for I propose to extend freedom. My aim is not to pass laws, but to repeal them.

Barry Goldwater

http://www.usdebtclock.org

My Avatar is my adult autistic son Tommy

Offline catfish1957

• Laken Riley.... Say her Name. And to every past and future democrat voter- Her blood is on your hands too!!!
Let’s stop paying people not to work

Manpower shortages are affecting us all.  This sham of humanitarian bull should have never started in the first place.
I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.