Author Topic: Defense Department Commissions Marine Fog Study  (Read 66 times)

rangerrebew

Defense Department Commissions Marine Fog Study
« on: September 01, 2021, 11:46:55 am »
Defense Department Commissions Marine Fog Study
8/31/2021
By Mandy Mayfield

Marine fog has been a perennial problem for the military, with its unpredictable occurrence obstructing views and adversely affecting weapon systems. To better understand the weather phenomena, the Defense Department recently awarded the University of Notre Dame a $7.5 million contract to study it.

Researchers at the university are conducting a five-year effort called the Fog and Turbulence Interactions in the Marine Atmosphere, or FATIMA, initiative. The project intends to improve the fundamental understanding of the formation, duration and disappearance of marine sea fog, said Harindra Fernando, a professor at Notre Dame.

“One of the biggest problems with marine fog is it appears very quickly,” Fernando said. “It has been very difficult to predict. In fact, predictability is around 50 percent. … It is one of the lowest predictability in meteorological phenomena.”

Two major problems with conducting military operations in marine fog include a lack of visibility and issues using directed energy weapons, he added.

https://www.nationaldefensemagazine.org/articles/2021/8/31/defense-department-commissions-marine-fog-study

rangerrebew

Re: Defense Department Commissions Marine Fog Study
« Reply #1 on: September 01, 2021, 11:50:53 am »
I think they should study the impenetrable fog that envelops the politicians in the District of Corruption first. *hmmmm*

Offline rustynail

« Reply #2 on: September 01, 2021, 11:54:19 am »
Marine fog?  I thought they meant gender confusion among the troops.

Offline DefiantMassRINO

« Reply #3 on: September 01, 2021, 01:43:21 pm »
1.) I'm safer from directed energy attacks on foggy mornings.
2.) Have they talked with a New England or Canadian Maritime fisherman or mariner?

Fog is condensation that occurs when warmer moist air encounters a cooler airmass or surface, and stuff.

Self-Anointed Deplorable Expert Chowderhead Pundit
I reserve my God-given rights to be wrong and to be stupid at all times.

"If at first you don’t succeed, destroy all evidence that you tried." - Steven Wright

Comrades, I swear on Trump's soul that I am not working from a CIA troll farm in Kiev.