Author Topic: Report: Ken Jennings Likely Lost Chance at ‘Jeopardy!’ Gig over Toxic Tweets  (Read 255 times)

Offline PeteS in CA

Report: Ken Jennings Likely Lost Chance at ‘Jeopardy!’ Gig over Toxic Tweets

https://www.breitbart.com/entertainment/2021/08/29/report-ken-jennings-likely-lost-chance-at-jeopardy-gig-over-toxic-tweets/

Jennings’ attempts at edgy tweets go back at least as far as 2014, but most recently, he was slammed for a 2018 post lamenting when a “hot person” is a wheelchair user — as though being in a wheelchair somehow wastes their beauty.

Last December, Jennings apologized for the tweet, saying, “Hey, I just wanted to own up to the fact that over the years on Twitter, I’ve definitely tweeted some unartful [sic] and insensitive things.” He added, “Sometimes they worked as jokes in my head, and I was dismayed to see how they read on screen.”

Apparently, this tweet and many others soured Jeopardy! producers on choosing Jennings as the show’s new, permanent host to replace the recently deceased Alex Trebek.
Further ... Jennings constantly tweeted attacks on Donald Trump, Trump’s family, and supporters. In 2017, for instance, he mocked Donald Trump’s then-13-year-old son, Barron.

“Barron Trump saw a very long necktie on a heap of expired deli meat in a dumpster. He thought it was his dad & his little heart is breaking,” Jennings “unartfully” tweeted ...

I knew Jenning had shot off his mouth about Trump, and among the guest host who my become show hosts, he was more "Please, no" than "Hell, no!" in my opinion. I didn't know he had broader mouth control problems. Among the several guest hosts, I thought Jennings was a bit stiff, where several others were more natural while keeping the contestants and the game as the star.
If, as anti-Covid-vaxxers claim, https://www.poynter.org/fact-checking/2021/robert-f-kennedy-jr-said-the-covid-19-vaccine-is-the-deadliest-vaccine-ever-made-thats-not-true/ , https://gospelnewsnetwork.org/2021/11/23/covid-shots-are-the-deadliest-vaccines-in-medical-history/ , The Vaccine is deadly, where in the US have Pfizer and Moderna hidden the millions of bodies of those who died of "vaccine injury"? Is reality a Big Pharma Shill?

Millions now living should have died. Anti-Covid-Vaxxer ghouls hardest hit.

Offline Fishrrman

• Dumbest member of the forum
Did they pick anyone after Richards withdrew?

I suggest they give Buzzy Cohen a call...

Online Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
Who GAF about Jeopardy right now?
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline jmyrlefuller

• J. Myrle Fuller
  • Realistic nihilist
    • Fullervision
Who GAF about Jeopardy right now?
It's one of the few shows on television that is not driven by an ideological agenda.

Just trivia buffs answering questions and taking calculated wagers. It's one of the few shows I still have any interest in watching.
New profile picture in honor of Public Domain Day 2024