Author Topic: Electric Vehicles Aren’t Clean or Practical  (Read 93 times)

rangerrebew

Electric Vehicles Aren’t Clean or Practical
« on: August 29, 2021, 04:34:24 pm »

Electric Vehicles Aren’t Clean or Practical
August 26, 2021
By H. Sterling Burnett

Climate Change Weekly #409

My wife and I take pleasure trips every year. Sometimes three- or four-day getaways, sometimes week-long vacations, and on rare occasions longer journeys. Many of these trips are taken by car, including our four most recent journeys since November 2020: two short trips and two longer ones. As a result, I’ve been thinking about electric cars a lot lately.

As part of the effort to fight climate change, the Biden administration is pushing programs to force vehicles powered by internal combustion engines off the road and out of peoples’ garages, to be replaced with electric vehicles powered by rechargeable batteries.

Electric vehicles (EVs) are generally more expensive than comparable passenger vehicles. They also have limited range (a point I’ll discuss in detail below), are typically smaller (and thus less able to accommodate more than a couple of people comfortably), can’t be used to haul boats or trailers, and are more difficult to fuel up, or in this case, charge, than fossil fuel-powered vehicles. EVs have been known to burst into flames spontaneously, which prompted a GM recall recently. It’s one thing for a vehicle to catch fire in an accident; it’s another thing entirely for one’s car to combust while stuck in traffic or while charging in the garage at night when not in use. Cars burning down houses is not a selling point.

https://www.heartland.org/news-opinion/news/electric-vehicles-arent-clean-or-practical

Online catfish1957

• Laken Riley.... Say her Name. And to every past and future democrat voter- Her blood is on your hands too!!!
  • Political Researcher
Re: Electric Vehicles Aren’t Clean or Practical
« Reply #1 on: August 29, 2021, 04:37:01 pm »
Musk fails to let buyers know that Telsa's source for marshmallow and weiner roasts comes at no addtional charge.

I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.