Author Topic: Company headquarters leaving California in unprecedented numbers  (Read 408 times)

rangerrebew

Company headquarters leaving California in unprecedented numbers

By Ronald Stein |August 26th, 2021

In advance of the September 14th Recall election of Governor Gavin Newsom, many companies have voted early and often, with their “feet”, as they have exited California, along with their employees, and the good-paying jobs and tax revenue that came with them, for other locations in America.

The Hoover Institute research report issued August 24th documents the accelerating departures of company headquarters from the Golden State. This staggering data does not bode well for Governor Newsom as the recall election date of September 24th is fast approaching.

The research by Joe Vranich and Lee Ohanian provides the most detailed and comprehensive data on relocations of California business headquarters from 2018 to the first half of 2021, documenting those departures during the first half of this year are double the rate for each of the three previous years.

Joseph Vranich of Spectrum Location Solutions is a site selection consultant providing location advisory services to corporations. In recent years he has discussed California’s business environment with more than 100 economic development agencies located in North America and Europe.

Lee Ohanian is a Senior Fellow, Hoover Institution and Distinguished Professor of Economics, UCLA. He writes for California on Your Mind, a twice-weekly journal published by the Hoover Institution about California politics and economic policies, and how they affect California’s economy.

https://www.cfact.org/2021/08/26/company-headquarters-leaving-california-in-unprecedented-numbers/#

Offline IsailedawayfromFR

Re: Company headquarters leaving California in unprecedented numbers
« Reply #1 on: August 30, 2021, 08:37:41 pm »
It is insanity to remain in a state that wants to imprison you while confiscating your money.

A state with outstanding natural beauty but is populated with an onerous bureaucracy that feeds at the public trough at the expense of these companies which are now fleeing.

Those that remain beware, as the taxes will be even higher with less tax base to support the trough eaters.
No punishment, in my opinion, is too great, for the man who can build his greatness upon his country's ruin~  George Washington

Offline DB

« Reply #2 on: August 30, 2021, 08:52:58 pm »
Somebody is going to have to pay all those public service union retirements and salaries along with all the benefits to non-citizens that have migrated there.

And that somebody is anyone who decides to stay there and work in the private sector.

BassWrangler

« Reply #3 on: August 30, 2021, 09:33:14 pm »
I really like Elder, and I'd really like to see Newsome recalled and Elder win. On the other hand, at this point, especially with the Dems controlling the legislature, I'm not sure it can be turned around. I'd kind of like the Dems to have total control when the SHTF so they can't blame it on conservatives.

Offline IsailedawayfromFR

« Reply #4 on: August 31, 2021, 12:53:05 am »
Somebody is going to have to pay all those public service union retirements and salaries along with all the benefits to non-citizens that have migrated there.

And that somebody is anyone who decides to stay there and work in the private sector.
There will an insufficient amount that can come from there.

Instead, it will come from Biden/Harris and Nancy at the expense of the rest of the states.

A project like the hi-speed rail between LA and SF will be a Ghost train as there will be no riders.  And likely $100 billion before it is over.
No punishment, in my opinion, is too great, for the man who can build his greatness upon his country's ruin~  George Washington

Offline dfwgator

« Reply #5 on: August 31, 2021, 12:56:30 am »
Looking for new nests to foul.

Offline skeeter

« Reply #6 on: August 31, 2021, 01:28:03 am »
I really like Elder, and I'd really like to see Newsome recalled and Elder win. On the other hand, at this point, especially with the Dems controlling the legislature, I'm not sure it can be turned around. I'd kind of like the Dems to have total control when the SHTF so they can't blame it on conservatives.
Unfortunately the rats here in this one party kingdom don't even feel the need to offer blame, an explanation, or anything else for the sh*thole they've created. No one asks them to, or holds them accountable in any way. They just shrug and smile, knowing we plebs have no choice but to take it.

I'll take my chances with Elder.

Online Wingnut

• That is the problem with everything. They try and make it better without realizing the old is fine.
« Reply #7 on: August 31, 2021, 01:39:37 am »
Looking for new nests to foul.

Their secret is out!
I am just a Technicolor Dream Cat riding this kaleidoscope of life.

BassWrangler

« Reply #8 on: August 31, 2021, 06:47:49 am »
Unfortunately the rats here in this one party kingdom don't even feel the need to offer blame, an explanation, or anything else for the sh*thole they've created. No one asks them to, or holds them accountable in any way. They just shrug and smile, knowing we plebs have no choice but to take it.

I'll take my chances with Elder.

I think they will when the wheels come off the bus.

It's such a tragedy. My parents were born there, and my grandparents lived there when I was a kid. I spent several summers there and remember what a wonderful place it used to be.