Author Topic: Biden vows payback for deadly attacks on U.S. troops, but will keep Aug. 31 Afghanistan withdrawal p  (Read 63 times)

rangerrebew

Biden vows payback for deadly attacks on U.S. troops, but will keep Aug. 31 Afghanistan withdrawal plan
By Leo Shane III
 Aug 26, 06:12 PM

President Joe Biden said he was “outraged and heartbroken” over the deaths of 12 U.S. service members and serious injuries of 15 others at the Kabul airport on Thursday, and vowed to attack the terrorists who carried out the bombing.

“I’ve ordered my commanders to develop operational plans to strike ISIS-K assets, leadership and facilities,” he said in a White House address Thursday afternoon. “We will respond with force and precision at our time at the place we choose in a moment of our choosing.

“These ISIS terrorists will not win.”

But Biden, who has received significant criticism in recent days for the U.S. withdrawal from Afghanistan and the tumultuous evacuation effort in recent weeks, said the attack will not change plans to end the American mission in Afghanistan next week.

https://www.militarytimes.com/newsletters/breaking-news-alert/2021/08/26/biden-vows-payback-for-deadly-attacks-on-us-troops-but-will-keep-aug-31-afghanistan-withdrawal-plan/

rangerrebew

I have to believe Gen. Milley and the Joint Chumps of Staff have already informed Biden they will resign rather than fight a war he created like they said they would under Trump. :3: