Author Topic: Landlord, Air Force vet homeless after tenants stop paying rent during eviction ban  (Read 287 times)

Offline EdinVA

A landlord in upstate New York is living out of a car with her daughter after being unable to collect rent from tenants in three properties she owns due to eviction moratoriums.

"I don't understand how they can give my private property to somebody to live for free. I bought that property. I fixed it up with my blood, sweat and tears," Brandie LaCasse, a single mother and Air Force veteran, told CBS News.

https://www.foxbusiness.com/economy/landlord-living-out-car-eviction-ban-new-york

Offline Hoodat

Our worst enemies could not have destroyed America any worse than Democrats have.
If a political party does not have its foundation in the determination to advance a cause that is right and that is moral, then it is not a political party; it is merely a conspiracy to seize power.

-Dwight Eisenhower-

"The [U.S.] Constitution is a limitation on the government, not on private individuals ... it does not prescribe the conduct of private individuals, only the conduct of the government ... it is not a charter for government power, but a charter of the citizen's protection against the government."

-Ayn Rand-

Offline dfwgator

Our worst enemies could not have destroyed America any worse than Democrats have.

It's simple mathematics,  how many landlords are there compared to renters?     He who robs Peter to pay Paul will always get Paul's vote.