Author Topic: Turkey’s Erdogan Confirms Talks with Taliban over Kabul Airport Operations  (Read 152 times)

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Turkey’s Erdogan Confirms Talks with Taliban over Kabul Airport Operations

Simon Kent 27 Aug 2021

Turkey’s President Tayyip Erdogan said on Friday talks are ongoing with the Taliban over a request for support to run Kabul airport once foreign forces have left the country.

Officials quoted by Reuters asserted the Islamist group had asked NATO member Turkey for technical help to run the besieged facility while still demanding Ankara’s military leave by an Aug. 31 deadline.

Erdogan said calm should be restored in Kabul before making a decision on the airport, adding there was a risk of getting “sucked in” to a situation that still remains fluid.

“The Taliban have made a request regarding the operation of the Kabul airport. They say, ‘We’ll ensure security and you can operate it’. But we have not made a decision yet because there is always a possibility of death and such things there,” Erdogan told a news conference in Istanbul before leaving for a visit to Bosnia, the Reuters report outlined.

more
https://www.breitbart.com/asia/2021/08/27/turkeys-erdogan-confirms-talks-with-taliban-over-kabul-airport-operations/
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline Kamaji

I'm certain the Chinese will underbid the Turks on this one.

Offline Wingnut

• That is the problem with everything. They try and make it better without realizing the old is fine.
Nuke it from orbit.
I am just a Technicolor Dream Cat riding this kaleidoscope of life.

Offline GtHawk

• I don't believe in Trump anymore, he's an illusion
What's that Erdy? You say you don't trust your moslem Bros? I don't blame you, their just a untrustworthy lying sacks of excrement as you are, as a matter of fact with those attributes one could almost believe that Biden, Pelosi and the rest ofd the democrats were moslems too.