Author Topic: Pelosi defends Biden on Afghanistan: 'I trust his judgment'  (Read 85 times)

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Pelosi defends Biden on Afghanistan: 'I trust his judgment'
« on: August 25, 2021, 06:47:15 pm »
Pelosi defends Biden on Afghanistan: 'I trust his judgment'
By Scott Wong - 08/25/21 10:47 AM EDT

Speaker Nancy Pelosi (D-Calif.) on Wednesday defended President Biden, saying she trusts his “judgment” as he’s come under withering attack from Democratic and Republican lawmakers for sticking by his deadline to withdraw all troops from Afghanistan by Aug. 31.

“The judgment about leaving is a judgment that the president has made, and he has to balance the equities of what is the threat to our military and the people at the airport versus the advantage of staying,” Pelosi told reporters at the Capitol.

Many lawmakers “really want to encourage the president to stay longer, but he has to weigh the equities of the danger versus the advantage, and I trust his judgment.”

In a speech Tuesday, Biden said he believed the U.S. still was "on pace" to evacuate all Americans and Afghan allies by the end of the month, even as he warned of potential terrorist attacks that could disrupt the operation and asked top officials to prepare contingency plans if the U.S. is forced to stay longer.

more
https://thehill.com/homenews/house/569335-pelosi-defends-biden-on-afghanistan-i-trust-his-judgment
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline Kamaji

Re: Pelosi defends Biden on Afghanistan: 'I trust his judgment'
« Reply #1 on: August 25, 2021, 06:54:16 pm »
F**k you Pelosi.  No self-respecting nation of any sort bugs out of a situation they had under control and leaves civilians behind.

Only an epic moron would trust the judgment of a dementia patient.

Offline GtHawk

• I don't believe in Trump anymore, he's an illusion
Re: Pelosi defends Biden on Afghanistan: 'I trust his judgment'
« Reply #2 on: August 25, 2021, 07:35:17 pm »
Wow, I that really changed my mind, the opinion of one senile old America hating fool about another senile old America hating fool. Go back to you expensive freezers filled with expensive ice cream and drink your Vodka.