Author Topic: Senate Democrats Propose Requiring 80 Percent Carbon Dioxide Emission Free Electricity By 2030  (Read 106 times)

rangerrebew

Senate Democrats Propose Requiring 80 Percent Carbon Dioxide Emission Free Electricity By 2030
Kevin Stone
August 18, 2021

A plan being developed by the Senate Democratic caucus would provide incentives for energy producers that meet clean energy goals, while penalizing those that do not meet a proposed 80 percent carbon dioxide emission free electrical generation rate by 2030.

The Clean Energy Standard (CES) plan would require vast changes to the power sector as part of the Biden administration’s stated goal of achieving carbon-free generation by 2035 and meeting Paris climate agreement pledges.
Senate Majority Leader Chuck Schumer announced the CES plan will be included in the Democrats’ $3.5 trillion budget proposal.

Details of the CES, such as how to treat gas and nuclear power plants under the plan, are still being hashed out and will be developed in Senate committees.

Complicated Path to Passage

https://heartlanddailynews.com/2021/08/senate-democrats-propose-requiring-80-percent-carbon-dioxide-emission-free-electricity-by-2030/

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
I see dead people...
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis