Author Topic: What it’s really like to push 9Gs in a dogfight flying the F-16  (Read 73 times)

rangerrebew

What it’s really like to push 9Gs in a dogfight flying the F-16

Hasard Lee | August 24, 2021

If you have any hope of winning, your strength has to be greater than your opponent’s weakness. As a young second lieutenant in pilot training, I learned that lesson the hard way.

I was flying a Basic Fighter Maneuver Flight, also known as dogfighting. The objective was for me to point at my instructor, who was in his own F-16, and as soon as we passed—with over 1,000 miles per hour of closure—maneuver my jet so I could gun him.
dogfighting (U.S. Air Force photo by Master Sgt. Andy Dunaway)

On the first set I hit the merge at just under the speed of sound and pulled back on the stick. At 50 pounds of force, the stick was fully-aft, yet only moved one inch—a design feature to make the jet as responsive as possible. The big stabilizers on the tail dug in and in less than a second I was at 9G’s.

https://www.sandboxx.us/blog/dogfighting-in-an-f-16-what-it-takes-to-win/

Online Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
Re: What it’s really like to push 9Gs in a dogfight flying the F-16
« Reply #1 on: August 25, 2021, 07:52:08 pm »
Make me glad we have Pressure Suits for pregnant women birthing parents.
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed: