Author Topic: House Democrats Pass Federal Takeover of America’s Elections  (Read 692 times)

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
House Democrats Pass Federal Takeover of America’s Elections

Sean Moran 24 Aug 2021

Democrats passed legislation Tuesday that would federalize America’s electoral system, giving President Joe Biden’s Department of Justice (DOJ) significant control over election law.

The House passed H.R. 4, the John R. Lewis Voting Rights Advancement Act of 2021. The bill passed 219-212, with Democrats strongly in favor of the bill and Republicans largely against the bill.

Democrats named the bill after the late Rep. John Lewis (D-GA), a prominent civil rights activist.

more
https://www.breitbart.com/politics/2021/08/24/house-democrats-pass-federal-takeover-of-americas-elections/
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline Killer Clouds

Re: House Democrats Pass Federal Takeover of America’s Elections
« Reply #1 on: August 25, 2021, 01:58:56 pm »
It's unconstitutional.

Online Wingnut

• That is the problem with everything. They try and make it better without realizing the old is fine.
« Reply #2 on: August 25, 2021, 01:59:44 pm »
DOA in the Senate. 
I am just a Technicolor Dream Cat riding this kaleidoscope of life.

Offline skeeter

« Reply #3 on: August 25, 2021, 02:05:15 pm »
DOA in the Senate.
So we hope.

The future of our nation hangs on what Joe Manchin has for breakfast.

If Biden weren't a rat his entire agenda wouldn't be worth warm spit because of his embarrassing surrender in Afghanistan. But with the GOPe as the loyal opposition I'm afraid my money is on him still getting most of everything he wants, domestically, passed.
« Last Edit: August 25, 2021, 02:08:48 pm by skeeter »

Offline mountaineer

« Reply #4 on: August 25, 2021, 02:15:15 pm »
So we hope.

The future of our nation hangs on what Joe Manchin has for breakfast.
I hope the same 20 or so state attorneys general who have sued the Biden administration over immigration and gun regulation will also file suit to challenge this blatantly unconstitutional act (if it passes the Senate).
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Offline skeeter

« Reply #5 on: August 25, 2021, 02:21:15 pm »
I hope the same 20 or so state attorneys general who have sued the Biden administration over immigration and gun regulation will also file suit to challenge this blatantly unconstitutional act (if it passes the Senate).
I'm sure it will, but the woke mafia in charge now will just ignore anything a court orders it to do if it doesn't rule their way. At this point I'm not sure anything short of being physically expelled from office will stop these ignorant marxist thugs.

If only we had an effective party to support.

Offline IsailedawayfromFR

« Reply #6 on: August 25, 2021, 02:29:26 pm »
Next step:  Eliminate the electoral college and the takeover is complete.
No punishment, in my opinion, is too great, for the man who can build his greatness upon his country's ruin~  George Washington

Offline EdinVA

« Reply #7 on: August 25, 2021, 02:35:02 pm »
It is show and tell time for SCOTUS.  Either put up or go home, your wasting our time.
The constitution clearly and undeniably puts the states in charge of the elections.

Offline Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
« Reply #8 on: August 25, 2021, 02:41:50 pm »
It is show and tell time for SCOTUS.  Either put up or go home, your wasting our time.
The constitution clearly and undeniably puts the states in charge of the elections.

And we have seen them in action very recently!

The constitution also makes them the court of first and last resort in disputes between states and Texas, along with 25 other states, lacked "standing" to stop several states from violating the constitution.
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #9 on: August 25, 2021, 03:35:58 pm »
...Democrats strongly in favor of the bill and  Republicans largely against the bill.

That suggests to me there is at least one (R) who voted for it, so the Rats can declare it a "bipartisan bill."  The article does not list the turncoats.  So who are they?
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Offline RetBobbyMI

« Reply #10 on: August 25, 2021, 03:55:20 pm »
Next step may need to be 1776 revisited if that happens.
"Life is tough, but it's tougher when you're stupid."  -- John Wayne
"Talk sense to a fool and he calls you foolish.� ? Euripides, The Bacchae
"Sometimes I wonder whether the world is being run by smart people who are putting us on or by imbeciles who really mean it.� ? Laurence J. Peter, The Peter Principle
"A stupid man's report of what a clever man says can never be accurate, because he unconsciously translates what he hears into something he can understand.� ? Bertrand Russell, A History of Western Philosophy

Offline Killer Clouds

« Reply #11 on: August 25, 2021, 04:26:17 pm »
Again that's unconstitutional.

Offline IsailedawayfromFR

« Reply #12 on: August 25, 2021, 04:44:21 pm »
Again that's unconstitutional.
Do you think they care?
No punishment, in my opinion, is too great, for the man who can build his greatness upon his country's ruin~  George Washington

Offline Bigun

• The FairTax Plan
« Reply #13 on: August 25, 2021, 05:30:24 pm »
Do you think they care?

Nope! Why would they?

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline Killer Clouds

« Reply #14 on: August 25, 2021, 05:54:09 pm »
Do you think they care?
It's obvious they don't but a bigger question is will a corrupt SCOTUS actually do their job and over turn it if it passes? The DCP is getting closer and closer to what it wants. Resistance won't turn out like the DCP thinks it will.

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #15 on: August 25, 2021, 06:01:56 pm »
House Democrats Pass Federal Takeover of America’s Elections

Sean Moran 24 Aug 2021

Democrats passed legislation Tuesday that would federalize America’s electoral system, giving President Joe Biden’s Department of Justice (DOJ) significant control over election law.

The House passed H.R. 4, the John R. Lewis Voting Rights Advancement Act of 2021.
The bill passed 219-212, with Democrats strongly in favor of the bill and Republicans largely against the bill.

Democrats named the bill after the late Rep. John Lewis (D-GA), a prominent civil rights activist.

more
https://www.breitbart.com/politics/2021/08/24/house-democrats-pass-federal-takeover-of-americas-elections/

@mystery-ak

The part in bold tells you everything you need to know about it. Lewis was a retard on his better days,and not usually THAT smart.

An Affirmative Action legislator put in office by racist blacks and retarded whites.
Anyone who isn't paranoid in 2021 just isn't thinking clearly!

Online Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
« Reply #16 on: August 25, 2021, 06:04:06 pm »
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Online Smokin Joe

« Reply #17 on: August 25, 2021, 06:09:25 pm »
That suggests to me there is at least one (R) who voted for it, so the Rats can declare it a "bipartisan bill."  The article does not list the turncoats.  So who are they?

One Republican vote for: Fitzpatrick    Republican    Pennsylvania    Aye

https://clerk.house.gov/Votes/2019654

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Offline Bigun

• The FairTax Plan
« Reply #18 on: August 25, 2021, 06:22:10 pm »
Precisely.

Of what use is a constitution that no one is willing to always enforce on all parties?  Asking for a friend.

- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #19 on: August 25, 2021, 06:33:53 pm »
One Republican vote for: Fitzpatrick    Republican    Pennsylvania    Aye

https://clerk.house.gov/Votes/2019654

I'm confused.  According to that, the Rats have 233 seats,and the GOP only 197?
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Offline Fishrrman

• Dumbest member of the forum
« Reply #20 on: August 25, 2021, 10:37:41 pm »
Ed in VA wrote:
"It is show and tell time for SCOTUS.  Either put up or go home, your wasting our time.
The constitution clearly and undeniably puts the states in charge of the elections."

Do we really even NEED a "Supreme Court" any longer?

I'm coming to the conclusion that perhaps it should be abolished.
Let the lower courts settle the minor cases.

As for "major" cases that reach the federal "appeals level" -- I'd just as soon put the decision to "a national referendum", similar to how the Swiss people "have the final vote" on some issues of national importance.

That's in, "put the final decision into the hands of the American people", and NOT "the Congress" or anyone else.

Send the Supremes home.
Make the court building a museum, or something.

Offline EdinVA

« Reply #21 on: August 25, 2021, 10:41:38 pm »
Ed in VA wrote:
"It is show and tell time for SCOTUS.  Either put up or go home, your wasting our time.
The constitution clearly and undeniably puts the states in charge of the elections."

Do we really even NEED a "Supreme Court" any longer?

I'm coming to the conclusion that perhaps it should be abolished.
Let the lower courts settle the minor cases.

As for "major" cases that reach the federal "appeals level" -- I'd just as soon put the decision to "a national referendum", similar to how the Swiss people "have the final vote" on some issues of national importance.

That's in, "put the final decision into the hands of the American people", and NOT "the Congress" or anyone else.

Send the Supremes home.
Make the court building a museum, or something.
Then there is no need for a constitution as you are only entitled to what the mob allows.... NOT GOOD but I understand your point.We need to fire folks, not just judges, but career feds.  I continue to believe that most of our problems stem from"go along to get along" rather than doing the job you are hired to do.Built in cover ups...

Online Smokin Joe

« Reply #22 on: August 26, 2021, 03:57:33 am »
I'm confused.  According to that, the Rats have 233 seats,and the GOP only 197?
20 GOP abstentions...

Did Dominion record the votes?

C S Lewis

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #23 on: August 26, 2021, 05:12:33 am »
Quote from: Smokin Joe link=topic=446629.msg248 :shrug:3275#msg2483275 date=1629950253
20 GOP abstentions...

Did Dominion record the votes?

I counted the abstentions, they were in that chart.   :shrug:

If I were Dominion, I'd be sweating a bit right now.  If heads do roll over the AZ Audit results, my bet is they will be the scapegoats to draw the blame away from the crooked politicians.
I will NOT comply.

Online Smokin Joe

« Reply #24 on: August 26, 2021, 05:40:58 am »
I counted the abstentions, they were in that chart.   :shrug:

If I were Dominion, I'd be sweating a bit right now.  If heads do roll over the AZ Audit results, my bet is they will be the scapegoats to draw the blame away from the crooked politicians.
I really doubt the politicians can escape the fact that they hired them, and that they were responsible for the outcome--especially if it benefited them or their party pals.

C S Lewis