Author Topic: Fifth Circuit upholds Texas abortion ban  (Read 226 times)

Online Elderberry

• TBR Contributor
Fifth Circuit upholds Texas abortion ban
« on: August 25, 2021, 01:33:08 am »
Tyler Morning Telegraph by Bethany Blankley 8/24/2021

The Fifth Circuit Court of Appeals upheld a 2017 Texas law outlawing a second trimester abortion procedure called D&E (dilation and evacuation), or dismemberment.

In 2017, the Texas legislature passed the Texas Dismemberment Abortion Ban with bipartisan support, making D&Es a felony and banning them from being performed except in the case of an emergency. After the law passed and before it went into effect, Whole Women’s Health, several Planned Parenthood groups, several doctors, and others, sued in U.S. District Court for the Western District of Texas.

The district court ruled in their favor, blocking the law from going into effect. Texas Attorney General Ken Paxton’s office appealed, and a three-judge panel on the Fifth Circuit upheld the lower court’s ruling last October.

Paxton then asked the full 17-member court to review the case, and in January, they agreed. Eight months later, in an en banc review, nine judges on the New Orleans-based appeals court ruled in favor of the Texas statute, five against, and three recused themselves.

More: https://tylerpaper.com/news/texas/fifth-circuit-upholds-texas-abortion-ban/article_47c39770-a002-50ab-91e1-e0251006fa49.html

Online Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
Re: Fifth Circuit upholds Texas abortion ban
« Reply #1 on: August 25, 2021, 01:43:59 am »
HALLALUJAH!!!
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline Hoodat

« Reply #2 on: August 25, 2021, 02:06:52 am »
YAY!
If a political party does not have its foundation in the determination to advance a cause that is right and that is moral, then it is not a political party; it is merely a conspiracy to seize power.

-Dwight Eisenhower-

"The [U.S.] Constitution is a limitation on the government, not on private individuals ... it does not prescribe the conduct of private individuals, only the conduct of the government ... it is not a charter for government power, but a charter of the citizen's protection against the government."

-Ayn Rand-

Offline IsailedawayfromFR

« Reply #3 on: August 25, 2021, 03:41:04 pm »
now we need to prosecute any doctor or health professional who performs these abortions anyway.
No punishment, in my opinion, is too great, for the man who can build his greatness upon his country's ruin~  George Washington