Author Topic: No One Will Call It A Coup  (Read 223 times)

Online Elderberry

• TBR Contributor
No One Will Call It A Coup
« on: August 24, 2021, 08:00:29 pm »
Texas Scorecard by Michael Quinn Sullivan August 24, 2021

Internal investigation finds criminal complaint against Attorney General Ken Paxton had no factual basis – and that the allegations were leveled by people who themselves broke the law.

The report doesn’t call it an attempted political coup. But buried in the antiseptic language of an investigative report issued yesterday, it appears several former top employees of Attorney General Ken Paxton were more concerned with furthering their own political career than getting at the truth – and, ironically, at least two were willing to break the law to do it.

Texas’ political world was rocked a year ago when seven top employees of the Office of the Attorney General filed a criminal complaint. They alleged Paxton had received a bribe to aid a campaign donor, Texas businessman Nate Paul.

[Background: Unraveling a Scandal in the Office of the Attorney General, Oct. 17, 2020.]

An internal investigation, however, finds the complaint had no substance and that Paxton himself took actions that were “proper pursuant to his legal obligations.” Meanwhile, “[t]here is no evidence that Nate Paul attempted to bribe [Ken Paxton].”

What emerges from the report is picture of an agency’s senior staff who had decided to take out their boss – a statewide elected official – and were unconcerned with whatever facts needed to be ignored or concocted to make it happen.

More: https://texasscorecard.com/state/no-one-will-call-it-a-coup/

Offline IsailedawayfromFR

Re: No One Will Call It A Coup
« Reply #1 on: August 24, 2021, 08:49:47 pm »
It used to be reliably investigated by news reporters.  Now they are almost universally corrupt and do not report news but make news instead, even broadcasting fake news.

Until people go to jail for illegal activities, this stuff will continue.
No punishment, in my opinion, is too great, for the man who can build his greatness upon his country's ruin~  George Washington

Online catfish1957

• Laken Riley.... Say her Name. And to every past and future democrat voter- Her blood is on your hands too!!!
  • Political Researcher
« Reply #2 on: August 24, 2021, 08:53:15 pm »
It used to be reliably investigated by news reporters.  Now they are almost universally corrupt and do not report news but make news instead, even broadcasting fake news.

Until people go to jail for illegal activities, this stuff will continue.

I haven't been watching this that closely, but I'd wager that the Travis County D.A.'s office has their finger somewhere in it
I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.

Offline PeteS in CA

« Reply #3 on: August 24, 2021, 10:59:26 pm »
Did the DeMoN and Houston Comical cover this exoneration as prominently and extensively as the false accusation? Or give it two sentences on page ZZ-28?
If, as anti-Covid-vaxxers claim, https://www.poynter.org/fact-checking/2021/robert-f-kennedy-jr-said-the-covid-19-vaccine-is-the-deadliest-vaccine-ever-made-thats-not-true/ , https://gospelnewsnetwork.org/2021/11/23/covid-shots-are-the-deadliest-vaccines-in-medical-history/ , The Vaccine is deadly, where in the US have Pfizer and Moderna hidden the millions of bodies of those who died of "vaccine injury"? Is reality a Big Pharma Shill?

Millions now living should have died. Anti-Covid-Vaxxer ghouls hardest hit.