Author Topic: Taliban Tells Biden To Focus On Extracting Americans … And Only Americans  (Read 350 times)

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Taliban Tells Biden To Focus On Extracting Americans … And Only Americans

Shelby Talcott
Senior White House Correspondent
August 24, 2021 10:59 AM ET

The Taliban is remaining steadfast on the Aug. 31 withdrawal and announced they will not allow Afghans to leave the country during a Tuesday press conference.

Taliban spokesman Zabihullah Mujahid spoke to reporters Tuesday about the U.S. withdrawal deadline of Aug. 31. Despite the evacuation process ramping up, many more people still need to be evacuated, and President Joe Biden has said he’s contemplating on extending the deadline. The Taliban, however, has vowed not to let that happen.

“This was already not according to the agreement,” Mujahid said Tuesday regarding the latest deadline. “They have opportunity, they [US] have all the resources, they can take all the people that belong to them.”

The spokesman also said the Taliban will no longer allow Afghans to leave. The U.S. has so far evacuated thousands of Afghans, with a particular focus on the special immigrant visa applicants.

“We are not going to allow Afghans to leave and we will not extend the deadline. We will be deciding about this there and then,” Mujahid said.

more
https://dailycaller.com/2021/08/24/taliban-afghans-not-allowed-airport-us-must-leave-aug-31/
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline skeeter

This is probably the only thing I'll agree with the Taliwackers about.

We need to break the habit of inviting all comers in to the US from every nation we become involved in helping out of a sense of guilt.
« Last Edit: August 24, 2021, 04:54:49 pm by skeeter »

Offline DB

This is probably the only thing I'll agree with the Taliwackers about.

We need to break the habit of inviting all comers in to the US from every nation we become involved in helping out of a sense of guilt.

Then no one will help us when we ask them to. You can't have it both ways and expect it to work.

Offline skeeter

Then no one will help us when we ask them to. You can't have it both ways and expect it to work.
I don't care much for nation building, so no, I don't want it "both ways".

The Taliban were hosting Al Qaeda. All that was needed to accomplish what should have been our only goal was done in a few weeks. We didn't need to ask anyone.

Offline DB

I don't care much for nation building, so no, I don't want it "both ways".

The Taliban were hosting Al Qaeda. All that was needed to accomplish what should have been our only goal was done in a few weeks. We didn't need to ask anyone.

Nation building isn't what we were talking about.

Nation building or not, we still need translators and other connections to the locals.

Offline skeeter

Nation building isn't what we were talking about.

Nation building or not, we still need translators and other connections to the locals.
That would account for a few hundred visas. I doubt every one of those thousands on the tarmac the other day were translators and tribal liaisons. In fact I’d bet very few were.

Offline Fishrrman

• Dumbest member of the forum
I agree with skeeter -- and with the taliban on this one.

Get Americans out.
Let the Afghans be (perhaps with a very very few exceptions).

They had 20 years to save themselves from the taliban.
What do they have to show for it?

We gave them a fighting chance, and they did...  what...?
Not our problem any more.

Offline Right_in_Virginia

Everything we actually accomplished in Afghanistan we accomplshed from the air.

Once we get out of the business of nation building and nation changing we won't need to pay locals to help us.

Killing terrorists should be our only business.  And when it comes to this @DB   --- we've learned a lot in 20 years:

Offline DB

Everything we actually accomplished in Afghanistan we accomplshed from the air.

Once we get out of the business of nation building and nation changing we won't need to pay locals to help us.

Killing terrorists should be our only business.  And when it comes to this @DB   --- we've learned a lot in 20 years:

Actually not.

How do you think we knew who was in what vehicle?

It takes eyes on the ground to find where these targets are.

That would account for a few hundred visas. I doubt every one of those thousands on the tarmac the other day were translators and tribal liaisons. In fact I’d bet very few were.

Agree @skeeter   I'd wager good money that the majority of the Afghans now arriving in the US --- before US citizens --- worked for the Afghan government, or saw their golden ticket and grabbed it.

Actually not.

Not buying the eyes on the ground BS any more @DB   The CIA has eyes, Mossad has eyes, 12 Special Forces have eyes, our mlitary in ally countries have eyes,  drones have eyes.

I'm done with "eyes on the ground" meaning we build air bases, install governments, teach wokeism and spill our blood and treasure over 7th Century shiitholes for twenty effing years.

This crap needs to end here.

« Last Edit: August 24, 2021, 10:44:24 pm by Right_in_Virginia »

Offline DB

Not buying the eyes on the ground BS any more @DB   The CIA has eyes, Mossad has eyes, 12 Special Forces have eyes, our mlitary in ally countries have eyes,  drones have eyes.

I'm done with "eyes on the ground" meaning we build air bases, install governments, teach wokeism and spill our blood and treasure over 7th Century shiitholes for twenty effing years.

This crap needs to end here.

LOL... Again I said nothing about installing governments or nation building.

If you want to take out high level targets that know they are targets it takes eyes on the ground. Nothing less. Nothing more.

LOL... Again I said nothing about installing governments or nation building.

If you want to take out high level targets that know they are targets it takes eyes on the ground. Nothing less. Nothing more.

Good to see you're able to laugh @DB    happy77

And here's my point:  We don't need to take root to have eyes on the ground.   Bombing the Taliban:  good.  Staying in Afganistan:  Very bad.

Never again.

Offline IsailedawayfromFR

And the Taliban can do it, now that we gave them 200 aircraft to dictate the terms they wish.
No punishment, in my opinion, is too great, for the man who can build his greatness upon his country's ruin~  George Washington

Offline dfwgator

Hate to say I'm with the Taliban. We should not be allowing any Afghans to come here.

Offline Kamaji

Hate to say I'm with the Taliban. We should not be allowing any Afghans to come here.

So you're good to go with some rag-tag bunch of 7th Century terrorists ordering the U.S. around and telling the U.S. where it gets off and what it can and cannot do?

Offline EdinVA

Actually not.

@DB
Don't care.  If you meet an American soldier, drop your weapon and all is well, if not then you disappear.  Rule Of Existence.  Either it is war or it is a police action.  If it is war, then last man standing wins.  If it is a police action, then you arrest people.

Offline Wingnut

• That is the problem with everything. They try and make it better without realizing the old is fine.
If we didn't already know, lets just confirm that Joe Biden is the Talibans BITCH.
I am just a Technicolor Dream Cat riding this kaleidoscope of life.

Offline IsailedawayfromFR

If we didn't already know, lets just confirm that Joe Biden is the Talibans BITCH.
They must have run out of goats
No punishment, in my opinion, is too great, for the man who can build his greatness upon his country's ruin~  George Washington