Author Topic: Here are some of the weirdest moments from Gov. Cuomo’s farewell speech  (Read 212 times)

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
 Here are some of the weirdest moments from Gov. Cuomo’s farewell speech
By Bernadette Hogan and
Bruce Golding   
August 23, 2021 6:45pm

Outgoing Gov. Andrew Cuomo used his farewell speech on Monday to deny, complain, boast and — of course — take a parting shot at his longtime political nemesis, Mayor Bill de Blasio.

Here are some of the more tone-deaf, head-scratching and ultimately predictable remarks from the 16-minute, pre-recorded address that marked the disgraceful end of Cuomo’s nearly three terms in office:
“Unfair and unjust”

Cuomo again denied the allegations that he exploited his powerful position to sexually harass 11 women, nine of whom are current or former state employees and who include a state trooper assigned to his protective detail.

“You know me. I am a fighter, and my instinct is to fight this, because it is unfair and unjust in my mind,” he said.

“But you also know that I love New York, and I serve you. That is the oath that I took. And in this moment, I believe the right thing is that my service come first. Prolonging this situation could only cause governmental paralysis.”

more
https://nypost.com/2021/08/23/here-are-the-weirdest-moments-from-cuomos-farewell-speech/

Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34