Author Topic: Pelosi sets up risky House vote to deem $3.5T budget approved  (Read 161 times)

Offline Wingnut

• That is the problem with everything. They try and make it better without realizing the old is fine.
Pelosi sets up risky House vote to deem $3.5T budget approved
« on: August 24, 2021, 12:40:43 am »

Speaker Nancy Pelosi (D-Calif.) and her leadership team are pressing forward with a risky strategy Monday to move forward on key parts of President Biden’s domestic agenda while refusing to bend to demands from a handful of centrists.

The plan would see the House vote on a rule Monday night that would deem a $3.5 trillion budget as adopted, while setting up a process for considering a bipartisan infrastructure bill approved by the Senate at an unspecified time.

The strategy is risky because 10 centrist Democrats have said they will not back the $3.5 billion budget without voting first on the infrastructure bill. It is not clear these Democrats will vote for the rule deeming the budget as being adopted.

Pelosi can only afford three defections if all Republicans as expected vote against the rule.

Members of Pelosi’s leadership team sounded uncertain if the plan would actually work.

When asked if Democrats have enough votes to adopt the rule, House Majority Whip James Clyburn (D-S.C.) replied: “I have no idea.”

https://thehill.com/homenews/house/569095-pelosi-sets-up-risky-house-vote-to-deem-35t-budget-approved
I am just a Technicolor Dream Cat riding this kaleidoscope of life.

Offline libertybele

Re: Pelosi sets up risky House vote to deem $3.5T budget approved
« Reply #1 on: August 24, 2021, 12:48:45 am »
We'll see what happens .... I hope she gets slapped in the face.

Moderate Dems demand Pelosi hold standalone infrastructure vote, threatening reconciliation bill

9 centrist Democrats at impasse with Pelosi over reconciliation, infrastructure

https://www.foxbusiness.com/politics/moderate-democrats-pelosi-standalone-infrastructure-vote
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline IsailedawayfromFR

« Reply #2 on: August 24, 2021, 02:10:45 pm »
No debate, just shove it down our throats.
No punishment, in my opinion, is too great, for the man who can build his greatness upon his country's ruin~  George Washington

Offline GtHawk

• I don't believe in Trump anymore, he's an illusion
« Reply #3 on: August 24, 2021, 07:16:37 pm »
We'll see what happens .... I hope she gets slapped in the face.

Moderate Dems demand Pelosi hold standalone infrastructure vote, threatening reconciliation bill

9 centrist Democrats at impasse with Pelosi over reconciliation, infrastructure

https://www.foxbusiness.com/politics/moderate-democrats-pelosi-standalone-infrastructure-vote
There is a risk of two things happening if someone actually slapped Pelosi in the face, the person would break their hand and her face would crack. You just can't get botox for that many years without side effects.
Personally I hope they give her a stinging defeat that pushes her addled hateful mind over the final edge and oh yeah, take that idiot madmax with her. Feinswine will probably just stare in her usual drunken stupor. Dear Lord why did you strike California's God fearing people with the plague of ancient brain broke harridans and other incompetent democrats?