Author Topic: Gov. Greg Abbott tests negative for COVID after positive test  (Read 311 times)

Offline Elderberry

• TBR Contributor
Gov. Greg Abbott tests negative for COVID after positive test
« on: August 23, 2021, 12:36:33 pm »
Houston Chronicle by Alejandro Serrano 8/21/2021

https://www.houstonchronicle.com/news/houston-texas/houston/article/Gov-Greg-Abbott-tests-negative-for-COVID-after-16403005.php

Gov. Greg Abbott announced Saturday he had tested negative for COVID-19, less than a week after his office revealed he had tested positive.

“I am told that my infection was brief & mild because of the vaccination I received,” Abbott said in a tweet Saturday. “I will continue to quarantine as recommended by doctors. And, I will keep working on issues affecting Texas.”

Abbott’s office previously said the governor was not experiencing any symptoms. Tuesday’s announcement about his infection was hours after he attended a packed event in Collin County where there was little social distancing and almost no one wore a mask.

Offline Ghost Bear

• Not an actual picture of me
Re: Gov. Greg Abbott tests negative for COVID after positive test
« Reply #1 on: August 23, 2021, 01:59:38 pm »
“I am told that my infection was brief & mild because of the vaccination I received,” Abbott said in a tweet Saturday.

Or, the infection was brief & mild because of the treatment he received after the positive test. Or the test was a false positive. Or the second test was a false negative.  Who knows?
Let it burn.

Offline Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
« Reply #2 on: August 23, 2021, 02:05:46 pm »
Or, the infection was brief & mild because of the treatment he received after the positive test. Or the test was a false positive. Or the second test was a false negative.  Who knows?

I'm going to go with "the test was a false positive".
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline Wingnut

• That is the problem with everything. They try and make it better without realizing the old is fine.
« Reply #3 on: August 23, 2021, 02:07:31 pm »
I'm going to go with "the test was a false positive".

They could get a positive testing a grapefruit.  My guess is Abbott never had the bug.
I am just a Technicolor Dream Cat riding this kaleidoscope of life.

Offline Kamaji

« Reply #4 on: August 23, 2021, 02:09:36 pm »
Initial test a false positive seems to be the better conclusion.

Offline Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
« Reply #5 on: August 23, 2021, 02:14:12 pm »
They could get a positive testing a grapefruit.  My guess is Abbott never had the bug.

A couple of RNs who work for a large Houston hospital sent in ten test swabs to be read.  Eight of them came back positive.

The swabs that were sent in were straight out of the package, pristine, never saw the inside of anyone's nose.  That's how good these tests are.
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline Ghost Bear

• Not an actual picture of me
« Reply #6 on: August 23, 2021, 03:22:40 pm »
A couple of RNs who work for a large Houston hospital sent in ten test swabs to be read.  Eight of them came back positive.

The swabs that were sent in were straight out of the package, pristine, never saw the inside of anyone's nose.  That's how good these tests are.

It's a little hard for me to think that's just an accident.
Let it burn.