Author Topic: NSA Sullivan: ‘I Reject’ Characterization al Qaeda in Afghanistan Is a Threat  (Read 353 times)

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
OMG

NSA Sullivan: ‘I Reject’ Characterization al Qaeda in Afghanistan Is a Threat

Pam Key 22 Aug 2021

National Security Advisor Jake Sullivan said Sunday on CNN’s “State of the Union” that he did not believe that al Qaeda in Afghanistan represented a threat to the United States homeland even though al Qaeda planned the September 11 terror attacks in Afghanistan.

Guest anchor Brianna Keilar said, “I do want to listen to something the president said on Friday that’s gotten a lot of attention. Let’s hear that.”

In a video, President Joe Biden said, “We know no circumstance where American citizens are carrying an American passport are trying to get through to the airport. To the best of our knowledge, the Taliban checkpoints, they are letting through people showing American passports.”

Keilar said, “All right, so, we know that’s not true. We know there are many instances where that has not been true. The Pentagon has acknowledged that as well. We also — you know, he said that al Qaeda is gone from Afghanistan but, of course, from the U.N. joint chiefs, we know that is also untrue. Why is he misleading with his words here?”

Sullivan said, “First of all, I reject that characterization with respect to al Qaeda. Right now, our intelligence community does not believe that al Qaeda in Afghanistan represents a threat to the United States homeland. That’s what the president was referring to. He has also clearly said over time that al Qaeda could, in the future, represent a threat to the U.S. Homeland, and that is why he has positioned an over-the-horizon capability with intelligence assets and defense assets to ensure that never happens. And he has pointed out that we have been able to deal with and suppress terrorist threats in other countries that do have attack capabilities against America without a permanent military presence on the ground. We intend to do the same thing when it comes to Afghanistan.”

https://www.breitbart.com/clips/2021/08/22/nsa-sullivan-i-reject-characterization-al-qaeda-in-afghanistan-is-a-threat/
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline Hoodat

Jake Sullivan is a complete fool.  He had demonstrated it each day of this crisis.
If a political party does not have its foundation in the determination to advance a cause that is right and that is moral, then it is not a political party; it is merely a conspiracy to seize power.     -Dwight Eisenhower-

"The [U.S.] Constitution is a limitation on the government, not on private individuals ... it does not prescribe the conduct of private individuals, only the conduct of the government ... it is not a charter for government power, but a charter of the citizen's protection against the government."     -Ayn Rand-

Offline LMAO

I have little interest in streamlining government or in making it more efficient, for I mean to reduce its size. I do not undertake to promote welfare, for I propose to extend freedom. My aim is not to pass laws, but to repeal them.

Barry Goldwater

http://www.usdebtclock.org

My Avatar is my adult autistic son Tommy

Offline christian

• I need to be in love, K.c. R.C.
Bidens clever dancing around trying to deceive the people.

Quote:

In a video, President Joe Biden said, “We know no circumstance where American citizens are carrying an American passport are trying to get through to the airport. To the best of our knowledge, the Taliban checkpoints, they are letting through people showing American passports.”

We already know the Taliban went to foreigners and stripped them of their passports, it was reported on TV a while back.  Poor demented Joe, shuckin and jivin and providing cover for the Taliban, again throwing Americans and allies to the Taliban wolves.  Clever with demented, who could a new?
Card carrying member of the national F-Joe Biden movement, and his minions

Offline IsailedawayfromFR

Why are we listening to this jackass?

And I wonder why the MSM is even interviewing him as all it does is increase the pressure on Joe and his administration.
No punishment, in my opinion, is too great, for the man who can build his greatness upon his country's ruin~  George Washington

Offline Killer Clouds

Democrat = lying hypocrite.