Author Topic: Rev. Jesse Jackson And His Wife Are Hospitalized For COVID-19  (Read 651 times)

Offline Wingnut

• That is the problem with everything. They try and make it better without realizing the old is fine.
Rev. Jesse Jackson And His Wife Are Hospitalized For COVID-19
« on: August 22, 2021, 01:25:02 am »
CHICAGO — The Rev. Jesse Jackson, 79, and his wife, Jacqueline, 77, have been hospitalized after testing positive for COVID-19, according to a statement Saturday.

Jesse Jackson, a famed civil rights leader, is vaccinated against the virus and received his first dose in January during a publicized event as he urged others to receive the inoculation as soon as possible. The two are being treated at Northwestern Memorial Hospital in Chicago.

"Doctors are currently monitoring the condition of both," according to the statement authorized by their son, Jonathan Jackson.

"There are no further updates at this time," the statement said. "We will provide updates as they become available."

https://www.npr.org/2021/08/21/1030046222/rev-jesse-jackson-hospitalized-covid-19
I am just a Technicolor Dream Cat riding this kaleidoscope of life.

Offline Hoodat

Re: Rev. Jesse Jackson And His Wife Are Hospitalized For COVID-19
« Reply #1 on: August 22, 2021, 01:49:52 am »
Makes me glad that I didn't get the jab.
If a political party does not have its foundation in the determination to advance a cause that is right and that is moral, then it is not a political party; it is merely a conspiracy to seize power.

-Dwight Eisenhower-

"The [U.S.] Constitution is a limitation on the government, not on private individuals ... it does not prescribe the conduct of private individuals, only the conduct of the government ... it is not a charter for government power, but a charter of the citizen's protection against the government."

-Ayn Rand-

Offline LegalAmerican

« Reply #2 on: August 22, 2021, 03:09:07 am »

They gave themselves the covid, with the vaccine.  That is how it works......

Offline jmyrlefuller

• J. Myrle Fuller
  • Cat Mod
  • Realistic nihilist
    • Fullervision
« Reply #3 on: August 22, 2021, 06:52:44 pm »
Mods, is there any way we can stop blatant lies and disinformation like this? No. The vaccine does not give you COVID. Unless it's Sinopharm, which isn't available here in the U.S. anyway.
New profile picture in honor of Public Domain Day 2024

Offline Idiot

« Reply #4 on: August 22, 2021, 06:59:16 pm »
Mods, is there any way we can stop blatant lies and disinformation like this? No. The vaccine does not give you COVID. Unless it's Sinopharm, which isn't available here in the U.S. anyway.
Geez @jmyrlefuller you want us to be Facebook?  LA has their opinion....just leave it at that.  I may not agree with them, but let it go.

Offline Hoodat

« Reply #5 on: August 22, 2021, 07:02:15 pm »

We could turn site management over to Facebook or Twitter.
If a political party does not have its foundation in the determination to advance a cause that is right and that is moral, then it is not a political party; it is merely a conspiracy to seize power.

-Dwight Eisenhower-

"The [U.S.] Constitution is a limitation on the government, not on private individuals ... it does not prescribe the conduct of private individuals, only the conduct of the government ... it is not a charter for government power, but a charter of the citizen's protection against the government."

-Ayn Rand-

Offline Idiot

« Reply #6 on: August 22, 2021, 07:04:32 pm »
We could turn site management over to Facebook or Twitter.
:beer:

Offline catfish1957

• Laken Riley.... Say her Name. And to every past and future democrat voter- Her blood is on your hands too!!!
  • Political Researcher
« Reply #7 on: August 22, 2021, 07:16:26 pm »

Did you listen to Donald Trump's rally last night?  He encouraged the crowd to get vaccinated.  Stop with the idiotic comments.
I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.

Offline catfish1957

• Laken Riley.... Say her Name. And to every past and future democrat voter- Her blood is on your hands too!!!
  • Political Researcher
« Reply #8 on: August 22, 2021, 07:23:00 pm »
Geez @jmyrlefuller you want us to be Facebook?  LA has their opinion....just leave it at that.  I may not agree with them, but let it go.

Normally, I'd agree, but  disinformation that might put someone with preexisting conditions in additonal harms way due to Vax fear, its terribly irresponsible.

Like I have said many times...   Each person needs to do their own assemsnt of risk vs benefit when comes to this matter.  People like LA who are spreading lies, adds nothing to the discussion
I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.

Offline Hoodat

« Reply #9 on: August 22, 2021, 07:28:45 pm »

Think about it.  They got jabbed in January, but are just now getting Covid?  Sorry, not buying it.

The vaccine does not give people Covid.  But it does make it possible for vaccinated people to become carriers of the virus.

-Dwight Eisenhower-

-Ayn Rand-

Offline catfish1957

• Political Researcher
« Reply #10 on: August 22, 2021, 07:32:54 pm »
Think about it.  They got jabbed in January, but are just now getting Covid?  Sorry, not buying it.

The vaccine does not give people Covid.  But it does make it possible for vaccinated people to become carriers of the virus.

I think the data is pointing that there are more breakthrough cases that would be thought.  OTOH, the evidence is also there that those who did get the Vax have a much less probability of dying or getting seriously ill.

Offline Hoodat

« Reply #11 on: August 22, 2021, 07:51:48 pm »
OTOH, the evidence is also there that those who did get the Vax have a much less probability of dying or getting seriously ill.

I have yet to see that.  The evidence that I have seen has some serious flaws.  For example, any case not self-declared by the patient as 'fully' [sic] vaccinated is counted as 'unvaccinated'.  This is further compounded by counting the death of any person who tests positive for SARS-2 post mortem as a Covid death, and thus an unvaccinated death since it was never ascertained the person had been jabbed.

-Dwight Eisenhower-

-Ayn Rand-

Offline catfish1957

• Political Researcher
« Reply #12 on: August 22, 2021, 08:09:42 pm »
I have yet to see that.  The evidence that I have seen has some serious flaws.  For example, any case not self-declared by the patient as 'fully' [sic] vaccinated is counted as 'unvaccinated'.  This is further compounded by counting the death of any person who tests positive for SARS-2 post mortem as a Covid death, and thus an unvaccinated death since it was never ascertained the person had been jabbed.

I see your point, but countering....

Haven't found a really scientific method of proving this, but anecdotally I found that right now 52% of the populaiton is full vaccinated, but almost all the reporting I am seeing is those  who've died or are in, ICU,...... 95% are unvaccinated.

If someone else has some data more comprehensive, I'd like to see it.
« Last Edit: August 23, 2021, 07:45:25 am by catfish1957 »

Offline Hoodat

« Reply #13 on: August 22, 2021, 08:15:50 pm »
but almost all the reporting I am seeing is those  who've died or are in, ICU,...... 95% are unvaccinated.

How far back does that go?  January?  Does 'unvaccinated' equate to declared unvaccinated, or is it defined as 'people not declaring to be 'fully' [sic] vaccinated'?  What is the split between 'died' and 'ICU'?  Again, there are blatant flaws with the statistics being offered in place of an actual study.

-Dwight Eisenhower-

-Ayn Rand-

Offline catfish1957

• Political Researcher
« Reply #14 on: August 22, 2021, 08:24:04 pm »
How far back does that go?  January?  Does 'unvaccinated' equate to declared unvaccinated, or is it defined as 'people not declaring to be 'fully' [sic] vaccinated'?  What is the split between 'died' and 'ICU'?  Again, there are blatant flaws with the statistics being offered in place of an actual study.

NO doubt there may be some leveage of data.  But what I am seeing in my corner of TX, (and generally with no lib bias), is the vast majority of serious cases and deaths of COVID are the unvaccinated.  And the medical community in this relatively conservative area seems to be confirming that.

I will keep searching for some data more definitative.

Offline MOD3

« Reply #15 on: August 22, 2021, 11:14:31 pm »
Mods, is there any way we can stop blatant lies and disinformation like this? ...

Unless @mystery-ak and @Cyber Liberty decide otherwise, that won't happen.

Offline LegalAmerican

« Reply #16 on: August 22, 2021, 11:33:45 pm »
Vaccines are always about giving you a 'bit' of the hair of the dog.  That is what makes it a vaccine.  The theory is to give your body a bit of the virus, to build up your immunity, from the same virus. Since when,  don't people know that?  What do people think a vaccine is....FOR?   A new cold virus that, people have 99.97% recovery from.  It all depends on your immune system.  Apparently, getting the vaccine..DOES NOT STOP ONE FROM GETTING.....COVID.  OR.  The vaccine promoted the covid.  It does not,  have to show up immediately.  When one receives the vaccine, they start shedding the virus....to the rest of us.

Offline LegalAmerican

« Reply #17 on: August 22, 2021, 11:37:13 pm »

The vaccine does not give people Covid. But it does make it possible for vaccinated people to become carriers of the virus.
[/b]

Your immune system decides....when, where and how much.  They were both shedding the virus on each other. 
We actually agree.   

Offline LegalAmerican

« Reply #18 on: August 22, 2021, 11:44:41 pm »

Why is that?   Because of the VIRUS shedding?   If NOT for the covid vaccine, they might not,  HAVE.....COVID. 
I've had covid twice.  About 2 months apart.  The second time was 2 days longer and trying to go into my lungs. I only had low grade fever for 5 days, then 7 days.  I treated myself with silver, green tea, zinc and homemade elderberry tincture.

Offline Hoodat

« Reply #19 on: August 22, 2021, 11:48:55 pm »
If NOT for the covid vaccine, they might not,  HAVE.....COVID.

That is 100% false.  They have covid because they became infected with the SARS-2 virus.  The point of infection could have been any time in the last 8 months, although it was likely just recently.  Their bodies lacked the antibodies to fight off the virus.

-Dwight Eisenhower-

-Ayn Rand-

Offline LegalAmerican

« Reply #20 on: August 22, 2021, 11:51:55 pm »
That is 100% false.  They have covid because they became infected with the SARS-2 virus.  The point of infection could have been any time in the last 8 months, although it was likely just recently.  Their bodies lacked the antibodies to fight off the virus.

I like you.  I will not debate....

August 4, 2021
Countries with highest vaccination rates have highest infection rates
By John M. Contino

A series of graphs compiled by Twitter user @holmenkollin (Corona Realism) document that “the most-vaccinated countries in the world are experiencing a surge in COVID-19 cases, while the least-vaccinated countries are not.”

Iceland, Gibraltar, Malta, and Cyprus, for example, have vaccination rates of 90-98% and are experiencing surging virus cases. European countries with high vaccination rates are experiencing increasing infection rates, while those graphs show minimal infection rates among the countries with the lowest vaccination rates.

In Israel, where COVID cases are spiking despite a vaccination rate of 80%, the government is launching a campaign to inoculate its population with a third jab. The vaccines’ effectiveness may very well be wearing off after a few months, but doubling down on booster shots may prove counterproductive if something else is at work.

https://www.americanthinker.com/blog/2021/08/countries_with_highest_vaccination_rates_have_highest_infection_rates.html

Offline Hoodat

« Reply #21 on: August 22, 2021, 11:54:32 pm »
I like you.  I will not debate....

August 4, 2021
Countries with highest vaccination rates have highest infection rates

Countries with highest infection rates have the highest vaccination rates.

Conclusion:  Infections cause people to get vaccinated.

See how stupid that sounds?  It is a post hoc argument.

-Dwight Eisenhower-

-Ayn Rand-

Offline jafo2010

• Dems-greatest existential threat to USA republic!
« Reply #22 on: August 23, 2021, 07:28:06 am »
The irony here is anyone criticizing anther here about the vaccine.  Fact is, these vaccines are experimental.  We do not know what they do to the body because they were untested.  For the first time since thalidomide, we are giving pregnant women a pharma that is untested.  Now for you foolhardy dopes that think that makes sense, I don't!!!  Not even slightly.

So far, I am aware of only one pregnant woman that had the vaccine while pregnant, and her pregnancy was plagued with problems.  She ended up going into labor 7 months in and gave birth to a baby that struggled to survive.  I think when the evidence comes in, it will NOT be pretty for pregnant women.  And the babies, that remains to be seen.

I have read we are now over 6,000 deaths from the vaccine.  Mind you, those of you that are vax dopes, that FULLY VACCINATED is ONLY considered two weeks post the 2nd shot for Phizer and Moderna.  Two weeks after for the single shot Johnson vaccine.  So, there are deaths of people that are not counted that happen within days of receiving a shot.

IMPORTANTLY, THE USA IS THE ONLY COUNTRY COUNTING EVERYTHING AS WE DO

There is no way I would trust this government.  And Biden amps up that distrust by a factor of infinity.

That goes for both the Trump and Biden Administrations.  And with that eternal moron Fauci running around changing his tune every other day, many have died needlessly.  And the EXTREMELY CORRUPT MEDIA is culpable for many deaths too, with their anti Trump rhetoric.  Before Trump opened his mouth about the use of Hydroxy early with infection as being very helpful, I knew Hydroxy worked against this virus.  My wife is a doc at the CDC, worked on COVID, and the sh*t she saw would shock the shorts off you.

I will tell you one thing, DON'T end up in a nursing home.  She witnessed abysmal crap in nursing homes.  They should be federally inspected based on her stories.  The treatment is criminal.  And the five Democommie governors should be brought up on mass genocide.  After the nursing home early on in Washington, nursing homes were sufficiently warned of the threat, and yet governors threw COVID infected patients into nursing homes.  I consider that murder.

What we do know is that the DATA the pharma companies presented to market their vaccines is FALSE.  And that will come out more in time too.  And the worst may be ahead.  If the virologists that claim that the mRNA vaccines basically turn off your own immune system, and that people will be dying in mass quantities years 2-20 when their body immune system fails to fight the next virus, that is when the real sh*t hits the fan.

And lastly, and I mentioned this before, via a friend, who once worked for the Defense Health Agency, the general that heads up viral research/doctor has told him in no uncertain terms, avoid these vaccines like the plague.  That is all I need to know.  I will not get the vaccine under any circumstance.

I have had the COVID virus twice, in January, 2020, and March, 2021.  First time was the worst.  I was in bed both times for one week, but the first time took me at least one month to recover fully after being symptomatic.  Sickest I have ever been in my life.

One more damn lie the government told us.  We had it the first week of January, 2020.  That means it was in the country much earlier than they claim.  That also means others died of the virus before they knew what was going on.

And the fact that the maggot Fauci funded the research for this virus should have him drawn and quartered for his endless lying.  I trust that maggot as far as I can throw him!!! Literally.

Bottomline, I fear time will prove negative outcomes for those vaxxed.  If what I heard is true, the death rate across the world will be escalating in the coming years.  COVID is here to stay.  Get used to living with it already.  We live with many things and think nothing of it. 
« Last Edit: August 23, 2021, 07:34:03 am by jafo2010 »

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
« Reply #23 on: August 23, 2021, 07:46:47 am »
@jafo2010

Thank you. Well Said! :thumbsup:
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Offline Hoodat

« Reply #24 on: August 23, 2021, 07:51:23 am »
Thanks for posting, @jafo2010

-Dwight Eisenhower-

-Ayn Rand-