Author Topic: The Character of Our Military Leadership  (Read 53 times)

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
The Character of Our Military Leadership
« on: August 21, 2021, 01:52:27 pm »
The Character of Our Military Leadership

A nation that demands wokeness from their military instead of honor will get exactly what it deserves.

By Antoinette Aubert
August 20, 2021

Earlier this week, I woke up with an historical fact pounding at my brain. I knew I had read some bit of history that explained everything wrong with our country today; specifically something that explained the disgusting mess that is the fall of Afghanistan. It came to me in a flash: Eisenhower’s resignation as supreme commander of the Allied Forces in Europe.

What’s that you say? Eisenhower didn’t resign. No, but he was prepared to do so. The night before the greatest invasion in human history began at Normandy Beach, Eisenhower penned a simple letter. You can see a copy of the letter in Eisenhower’s own handwriting.

“Our landings in the Cherbourg-Havre area have failed to gain a satisfactory foothold and I have withdrawn the troops,” he wrote. “My decision to attack at this time and place was based upon the best information available. The troops, the air and the Navy did all that Bravery and devotion to duty could do. If any blame or fault attaches to the attempt it is mine alone.”

Reading that note again, it became clear to me: That was why we won World War II. That is also why Afghanistan fell. We had men of Eisenhower’s exemplary character in 1944. We have excuse makers and finger pointers like Mark Milley, Antony Blinken and Joe Biden today.

You will notice what Eisenhower didn’t say. He didn’t blame the Free French forces or the French Resistance. He didn’t blame any of the generals who were in the field. He didn’t blame others for mistakes that were made, nor even the weather, which might have fouled up plans. Nope. If things had gone wrong, he was ready to say, “I did it. I was wrong. It is no one’s fault, but mine.” It would have precipitated his resignation. He believed if the invasion failed, he would have failed and a better man should have his job. No wonder we won that war.

more
https://amgreatness.com/2021/08/20/the-character-of-our-military-leadership/
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34