Author Topic: First polls show mixed picture on Rubio-Demmings race  (Read 245 times)

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
First polls show mixed picture on Rubio-Demmings race
« on: August 18, 2021, 06:33:42 pm »
First polls show mixed picture on Rubio-Demmings race
By Max Greenwood - 08/18/21 01:05 PM EDT

A pair of polls out of Florida paint a mixed picture of the state’s closely watched Senate race, suggesting an unpredictable contest in one of the nation’s most unpredictable battlegrounds.

One survey conducted by St. Pete Polls for the website Florida Politics shows Sen. Marco Rubio (R-Fla.) and his main Democratic opponent, Rep. Val Demings, neck-and-neck. Rubio leads Demings by a scant 2 percentage points, 48 percent to 46 percent. That’s still within the poll’s 2.2-point margin of error.

Another poll commissioned by the gaming company BUSR and fielded by Susquehanna Polling and Research shows Rubio leading in the race against Demings 50 percent to 39 percent, giving him an 11-point lead that sits well outside of the survey’s 3.7 percentage point margin of error.

The polls, two of the first to survey Florida voters on the Senate matchup, offer a murky picture of the state of the race nearly 15 months out from the 2022 election. Both pollsters — Susquehanna Polling and St. Pete Polls — hold B-plus ratings from the data website FiveThirtyEight.

more
https://thehill.com/homenews/campaign/568400-first-polls-show-mixed-picture-on-rubio-demmings-race
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline Free Vulcan

• Technical
  • Ah, the air is so much fresher here...
Re: First polls show mixed picture on Rubio-Demmings race
« Reply #1 on: August 18, 2021, 06:50:15 pm »
So one oversampled Dems and the other presented a more realistic likely voter scenario.

Got it.
The Republic is lost.

Offline DefiantMassRINO

« Reply #2 on: August 18, 2021, 07:06:53 pm »
Need to paint Demmings with Biden's anti-Cuban immigrant brush.
Self-Anointed Deplorable Expert Chowderhead Pundit
I reserve my God-given rights to be wrong and to be stupid at all times.

"If at first you don’t succeed, destroy all evidence that you tried." - Steven Wright

Comrades, I swear on Trump's soul that I am not working from a CIA troll farm in Kiev.

Offline Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
« Reply #3 on: August 18, 2021, 07:08:18 pm »
Polls :3:
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien