Author Topic: Democrats stunned by prospect of losing 2 biggest governors within weeks  (Read 120 times)

Offline Wingnut

• That is the problem with everything. They try and make it better without realizing the old is fine.
By next month, California Gov. Gavin Newsom and New York Gov. Andrew Cuomo could be political exiles.

Newsom’s dismissal would be painfully demoralizing to Democrats who wield total control over California’s government. It could also energize Republicans by showing they can win even in the bluest parts of the country. The GOP would inevitably frame Newsom’s defeat as a repudiation of Democratic governance.

“Don’t think for a second this isn’t also about 2022 and being able to hold the House. The consequences are profound," Newsom said at a get-out-the-vote rally in San Jose on Monday. “A ‘no’ vote would be heard loud and clear, not only across this state, but across the country."

The White House has contemplated getting more invested in Newsom’s defense in recent days, and the governor said Saturday that the two camps are in the process of trading schedules to see when President Joe Biden and Vice President Kamala Harris would be available to join the campaign trail.

Newsom’s dismissal would be painfully demoralizing to Democrats who wield total control over California’s government. It could also energize Republicans by showing they can win even in the bluest parts of the country. The GOP would inevitably frame Newsom’s defeat as a repudiation of Democratic governance.

https://www.politico.com/news/2021/08/17/democrats-losing-governors-newsom-cuoomo-505731
---------
Newsom standing side by side with either of those two after the Afghanistan debacle would be glorious!  I can't believe his campaign thinks those are good optics.  Of course this is a pro rat spin politico piece.
« Last Edit: August 18, 2021, 06:34:00 pm by Wingnut »
I am just a Technicolor Dream Cat riding this kaleidoscope of life.

Online Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
If you believe they are going to allow Newsome to be thrown out I have some swamp land in Saudia Arabia I want to show you.
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline DefiantMassRINO

The takedown of Cuomo could have been a Democratic inside job ... to get him out of the way for other ambitious New York Democratic politicians.
Self-Anointed Deplorable Expert Chowderhead Pundit
I reserve my God-given rights to be wrong and to be stupid at all times.

"If at first you don’t succeed, destroy all evidence that you tried." - Steven Wright

Comrades, I swear on Trump's soul that I am not working from a CIA troll farm in Kiev.