Author Topic: Trust in Congressional Dems’ Handling of Immigration Falls as Border Descends into Chaos  (Read 602 times)

rangerrebew

Trust in Congressional Dems’ Handling of Immigration Falls as Border Descends into Chaos
Could a judge’s order, blocking the termination of MPP, halt the slide?
By Andrew R. Arthur on August 18, 2021

Recent polling shows that voters’ trust in the ability of Democrats in Congress to handle immigration is falling, as the Southwest border descends into chaos. The numbers are actually worse than they appear, because comparisons with earlier polls show that the more that voters, and crucial Independent voters in particular, get to see the president’s immigration policies, the less they like them.

Between August 7 and 9, polling outfit Morning Consult and Politico, a D.C. news outlet that focuses on political issues, conducted a poll of 1,996 registered voters. It revealed that just 38 percent of those polled trusted Democrats in Congress to handle the issue of immigration, compared to 45 percent who trusted congressional Republicans.

That is a three-point drop for Democrats from similar polling conducted by the two groups just a month before. Note that the GOP has not garnered any new trust from the voters since July: The same 45 percent of the electorate put more trust in congressional Republicans in both polls.

https://cis.org/Arthur/Trust-Congressional-Dems-Handling-Immigration-Falls-Border-Descends-Chaos

Offline dfwgator

Too bad the Repukes are too weak to take advantage.

Offline LegalAmerican

Trust in Congressional Dems’ Handling of Immigration Falls as Border Descends into Chaos

Recent polling shows that voters’ trust in the ability of Democrats in Congress to handle immigration is falling, as the Southwest border descends into chaos. The numbers are actually worse than they appear, because comparisons with earlier polls show that the more that voters, and crucial Independent voters in particular, get to see the president’s immigration policies, the less they like them.

Between August 7 and 9, polling outfit Morning Consult and Politico, a D.C. news outlet that focuses on political issues, conducted a poll of 1,996 registered voters. It revealed that just 38 percent of those polled trusted Democrats in Congress to handle the issue of immigration, compared to 45 percent who trusted congressional Republicans.

That is a three-point drop for Democrats from similar polling conducted by the two groups just a month before. Note that the GOP has not garnered any new trust from the voters since July: The same 45 percent of the electorate put more trust in congressional Republicans in both polls.

https://cis.org/Arthur/Trust-Congressional-Dems-Handling-Immigration-Falls-Border-Descends-Chaos

Send them all to D.C.   INTO CAPITOL.

Edited by Mod2.
« Last Edit: August 18, 2021, 07:01:59 pm by Mod2 »

Offline LegalAmerican

Too bad the Repukes are too weak to take advantage.

Most are RINO'S......same as demon-rats.  A handful are real REPUBLICANS...just a handful.  SAD.

Offline DefiantMassRINO

Republicans need to get pictures and videos from the southern border, hopefully with sufficient shock value, to re-invigorate their re-aasertion of responsible immigration policies.
"It doesn't matter what temperature the room is, it's always room temperature." - Steven Wright

rangerrebew

After the Afghanistan debacle, why would anyone, for any reason, trust them to do the right thing? :shrug:

Offline christian

• I need to be in love, K.c. R.C.
All the damage Biden has done to America because so many gladly helped him get away with election fraud.  Massive betrayal of trust on somany crisis to America and his smug assertions that he doesn't realize or know what he has done.  Biden the new slick willy, Obama, hitlery, taking America down with lies because fools will let liars, deniers get away with anything.  How much further will Biden be allowed to damage America before it is no longer tolerated?  It was a giant move of betrayal, expect this certainly won't be the last by Biden.
Card carrying member of the national F-Joe Biden movement, and his minions

Offline LegalAmerican

After the Afghanistan debacle, why would anyone, for any reason, trust them to do the right thing? :shrug:

^5.   I find it odd, that some people still post and think we are constitutional republic. We are now a communist country! 
2020 proved that out.  TAKEOVER BY COMMUNISTS.  In fact at one time Pelosi was an actual card carrying communist.
We have been taken over.  A coup happened.  People, still think we are free?  With all the censorship going on, THAT should be a clue.  No real facts are allowed on social sites, nor any COMMUNIST MEDIA.  It is as if, people are still asleep.  I don't understand. When a sitting president can be removed and not allowed on any media, THAT should be a clue.  Heck, biden and kamala installed should be a BIG CLUE!  They were not voted for.  Hello?  Talking about what should be done, is futile.  WE ARE NO LONGER A CONSTITUTIONAL REPUBLIC.   THIS SHOULD BE SELF EVIDENT. 

Offline LegalAmerican

Take what you want...leave the rest.  Don't bother mocking me or the site. 
--------------------------------------------------

https://www.newswars.com/unmitigated-disaster-biden-collapses-america-in-under-7-months-watch-live/

Online Free Vulcan

• Technical
  • Ah, the air is so much fresher here...
Send them all to D.C.   INTO CAPITOL.   

You need to knock that bullsh*t talk off RIGHT NOW!!

The FBI is looking for any excuse - don't give them one and drag TBR down with it.

Mod comment - the comment has been edited.
« Last Edit: August 18, 2021, 07:02:50 pm by Mod2 »
The Republic is lost.

Offline MOD7

• don't always see the Light but I feel the heat
TBR MGT has gone through great lengths to insure that we are not censored from outside.  Why invite it?

Offline christian

• I need to be in love, K.c. R.C.
Interesting, democrats are probably importing more Taliban into America now than American/allies civilians from Afghanistan.  Yet keep our southern border open for Taliban over flow.  The response will probably be the same, when Americans start getting murdered by the Taliban here, you fools out there need to be as clueless as me-Biden.  So much wickedness and yet  privileged by liars denials and fools duplicities.
Card carrying member of the national F-Joe Biden movement, and his minions

Offline LegalAmerican

Interesting, democrats are probably importing more Taliban into America now than American/allies civilians from Afghanistan.  Yet keep our southern border open for Taliban over flow.  The response will probably be the same, when Americans start getting murdered by the Taliban here, you fools out there need to be as clueless as me-Biden.  So much wickedness and yet  privileged by liars denials and fools duplicities.

:bingo:

Offline Wingnut

• That is the problem with everything. They try and make it better without realizing the old is fine.
Take what you want...leave the rest.  Don't bother mocking me or the site. 
--------------------------------------------------

The more you post the more you are mocked.  Don't take this site down your personal rabbit hole. 
I am just a Technicolor Dream Cat riding this kaleidoscope of life.

Offline LegalAmerican

TBR MGT has gone through great lengths to insure that we are not censored from outside.  Why invite it?

I did NOT know the 'I' word, would cause so much trouble.   SMH. 

Offline LegalAmerican

You need to knock that bullsh*t talk off RIGHT NOW!!

The FBI is looking for any excuse - don't give them one and drag TBR down with it.

Mod comment - the comment has been edited.

Using a "word" on here is verboten?  WHY DIDN'T YOU TELL ME AHEAD OF TIME?  HOW WOULD I KNOW AHEAD OF TIME? 
CALM DOWN AND LET MODS TAKE CARE OF IT, LIKE THEY DID. 

Offline MOD7

• don't always see the Light but I feel the heat
I did NOT know the 'I' word, would cause so much trouble.   SMH. 

The 'I' word is not the problem @LegalAmerican It is quoted here a 100 times a day, without reckless abandonment.

Offline libertybele

• WE are NOT ok!
The more you post the more you are mocked.  Don't take this site down your personal rabbit hole.

I absolutely agree with you!!
I Believe in the United States of America as a Government of the people, by the people, for the people; whose just powers are derived from the consent of the governed; a democracy in a republic; a sovereign nation of many sovereign states; a perfect union one and inseparable; established upon those principles of freedom, equality, justice and humanity for which American patriots sacrificed their lives and fortunes.  I therefore believe it is my duty to my country to love it; to support its Constitution; to obey its laws to respect its flag; and to defend it against all enemies.

Offline LegalAmerican

The 'I' word is not the problem @LegalAmerican It is quoted here a 100 times a day, without reckless abandonment.

I am sorry then.  I do not understand, the problem. 

Online Free Vulcan

• Technical
  • Ah, the air is so much fresher here...
Using a "word" on here is verboten?  WHY DIDN'T YOU TELL ME AHEAD OF TIME?  HOW WOULD I KNOW AHEAD OF TIME? 
CALM DOWN AND LET MODS TAKE CARE OF IT, LIKE THEY DID.

Cut the crap - you said more than one word. You implied people should go to DC and invade the capitol building for a real insurrection this time.

Do you have no common sense? The FBI is rounding people up for less right now.

If you want to shoot yourself in the face go ahead, just don't do it here so that your numbskull vomit gets on the rest of us.
The Republic is lost.

Offline LegalAmerican

I absolutely agree with you!!

Thanks for the support and I hardly ever agree with you!   

Offline libertybele

• WE are NOT ok!
Thanks for the support and I hardly ever agree with you!

???? No way am I supporting you. Perhaps you don't understand.  Don't take this site down your personal rabbit hole.
I Believe in the United States of America as a Government of the people, by the people, for the people; whose just powers are derived from the consent of the governed; a democracy in a republic; a sovereign nation of many sovereign states; a perfect union one and inseparable; established upon those principles of freedom, equality, justice and humanity for which American patriots sacrificed their lives and fortunes.  I therefore believe it is my duty to my country to love it; to support its Constitution; to obey its laws to respect its flag; and to defend it against all enemies.

Offline libertybele

• WE are NOT ok!
Ok... back on topic....

The border is a disaster and I think in light of what has happened in Afghanistan Congress needs to put politics aside and CLOSE OUR BORDERS and stop ALL migration into this country.  That would be the wise thing to do!

Offline LegalAmerican

Cut the crap - you said more than one word. You implied people should go to DC and invade the capitol building for a real insurrection this time.

Do you have no common sense? The FBI is rounding people up for less right now.

If you want to shoot yourself in the face go ahead, just don't do it here so that your numbskull vomit gets on the rest of us.

I was responding to this thread.  About ILLEGALS....what to do with them.  . Thanks for being so kind.  NOT.  CAN YOU STOP IT NOW?  WE HAVE MODS.  YOU ARE NOT NEEDED.  DID YOU START THIS ATTACK? 
=======

Offline libertybele

• WE are NOT ok!
I was responding to this thread.  About ILLEGALS....what to do with them.  . Thanks for being so kind.  NOT.  CAN YOU STOP IT NOW?  WE HAVE MODS.  YOU ARE NOT NEEDED.  DID YOU START THIS ATTACK? 
=======

@LegalAmerican  I am not a MOD, but PLEASE stop your arguments and get back on topic!