Author Topic: Live Thread 2: The Fall of Afghanistan  (Read 8334 times)

Offline IsailedawayfromFR

Re: Live Thread 2: The Fall of Afghanistan
« Reply #700 on: August 21, 2021, 03:06:44 am »
I think that has been the plan from day one and look for Democrats and SCOTUS to suddenly rediscover the constitutional NBC requirement soon thereafter.

Hello president Pelosi.

@sneakypete
Educate me on what this is.

As far as Pelosi being President, it is my understanding that happens only if both the Pres and VP suddenly die, removed or incapacitated.

That could happen if Biden dies tomorrow while Harris is out of the country.
No punishment, in my opinion, is too great, for the man who can build his greatness upon his country's ruin~  George Washington

Online Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #701 on: August 21, 2021, 03:31:36 am »

As far as Pelosi being President, it is my understanding that happens only if both the Pres and VP suddenly die, removed or incapacitated.

If Harris can't get her pick for Veep confirmed by both Houses of Congress, then that office would remain open and Pelosi would be first in line.
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Offline Hoodat

« Reply #702 on: August 21, 2021, 03:38:59 am »

Being out of the country does not qualify as being incapacitated.  In the event the President died, the VP would be brought to Washington and sworn in as President.  The Speaker can only become the President if there is no President or Vice President (death, resignation, or removal after impeachment).

Now think about this.  What if the Vice President invokes the 25th Amendment and has the President removed, then the Vice President becomes acting President.  But then what if the VP/acting-President dies?  Then what?  Pelosi becomes acting President.  But if the removed President wants to declare his/her ability to resume office, there will be no Speaker to petition.  So as long as there is no Speaker, the removed President has no way to assume office.  And with no Vice President, there is no way to prevent the removed President from regaining office.  And finally, if the former-Speaker/Acting-President is replaced, that person does not become Vice President, but will be out of a job.
If a political party does not have its foundation in the determination to advance a cause that is right and that is moral, then it is not a political party; it is merely a conspiracy to seize power.     -Dwight Eisenhower-

"The [U.S.] Constitution is a limitation on the government, not on private individuals ... it does not prescribe the conduct of private individuals, only the conduct of the government ... it is not a charter for government power, but a charter of the citizen's protection against the government."     -Ayn Rand-

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #703 on: August 21, 2021, 04:07:39 am »
   Jill, hellary, Comealot, Micheal, pelousi and AOC and her compadres bringing up the Bridal train. 
   The dnc is definitely more fu*ed up than even the gop, that's fer sure.

@corbe

And THAT is taking in some depraved and crooked territory!
Anyone who isn't paranoid in 2021 just isn't thinking clearly!

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #704 on: August 21, 2021, 04:08:55 am »
   And to think the dnc needs to keep this azzhole alive and coherent for just a year longer.

To me He's already on the corner of 'Satan and St. Paul'.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q5teMqHsThI

@corbe

You a John Fullbright fan,too?

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #705 on: August 21, 2021, 04:11:38 am »
US general tells British special forces: Stop rescuing people in Kabul, you're making us look bad
by Tom Rogan,

https://www.washingtonexaminer.com/opinion/us-general-tells-british-special-forces-stop-rescuing-people-in-kabul-youre-making-us-look-bad

@mystery-ak

Yeah,I am guessing THAT brain fart worked out well for him.

Seems like someone in his chain of command would have tipped him off that the SOS/SBS are British,and don't come under his command.  I am guessing the SOS General politely reminded him of that little factoid.

Offline catfish1957

• Laken Riley.... Say her Name. And to every past and future democrat voter- Her blood is on your hands too!!!
  • Political Researcher
« Reply #706 on: August 21, 2021, 04:51:54 am »
@mystery-ak

Yeah,I am guessing THAT brain fart worked out well for him.

Seems like someone in his chain of command would have tipped him off that the SOS/SBS are British,and don't come under his command.  I am guessing the SOS General politely reminded him of that little factoid.

The fact this SOB put optics above human life ought to have him strung up by his balls.
I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.

Online LMAO

« Reply #707 on: August 21, 2021, 04:56:26 am »
The fact this SOB put optics above human life ought to have him strung up by his balls.

What’s sobering is that this guy is in charge of our troops.

Imagine having  these people in their positions from the President  to the Generals and secretary of defense during World War II?

« Last Edit: August 21, 2021, 04:59:20 am by LMAO »
I have little interest in streamlining government or in making it more efficient, for I mean to reduce its size. I do not undertake to promote welfare, for I propose to extend freedom. My aim is not to pass laws, but to repeal them.

Barry Goldwater

http://www.usdebtclock.org

My Avatar is my adult autistic son Tommy

Offline dfwgator

« Reply #708 on: August 21, 2021, 05:27:04 am »
If Harris can't get her pick for Veep confirmed by both Houses of Congress, then that office would remain open and Pelosi would be first in line.

I think they will force Kamala to take Hillary as VP, and she would be easily confirmed.

Online Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
« Reply #709 on: August 21, 2021, 08:04:02 am »

THings that make you go Hmmmm.....

At least Clint Eastwood was there to talk...
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Online Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
« Reply #710 on: August 21, 2021, 09:18:51 am »
Caleb Hull
@CalebJHull
·
1h
Joe Biden is either straight-up lying about the situation in Kabul or he legitimately doesn't know the truth.

I don't know what's worse.
I do. He seems to think that he controls the narrative. That shows a real disconnect with reality.
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Online 240B

• Lord of all things Orange!
  • TBR Advisory Committee
    • I try my best ...
« Reply #711 on: August 21, 2021, 09:36:57 am »
Anyone in uniform
These Democrat Communist Fascists are going to kill you.
That is really actually one of their Chinese goals.
Get out now. Leave Resign Desert ... just go somehow.
You cannot "COEXIST" with people who want to kill you.
If they kill their own with no conscience, there is nothing to stop them from killing you.
Rational fear and anger at vicious murderous Islamic terrorists is the same as irrational antisemitism, according to the Leftists.

« Reply #712 on: August 21, 2021, 01:31:52 pm »
I don't understand that logic, as the VP office is immediately open when the VP assumes the Presidency.  I see no timeline in the Constitution as you infer either, nor do I see Pelosi as the heir apparent for anything.

Can you point me your reference?

Here is the relevant passage:

In Case of the Removal of the President from Office, or of his Death, Resignation, or Inability to discharge the Powers and Duties of the said Office, the Same shall devolve on the Vice President, and the Congress may by law provide for the Case of Removal, Death, Resignation or Inability, both of the President and Vice President, declaring what Officer shall then act as President, and such Officer shall act accordingly, until the Disability be removed, or a President shall be elected.

Twenty-Fifth Amendment
Section 1
In case of the removal of the President from office or of his death or resignation, the Vice President shall become President.

Section 2
Whenever there is a vacancy in the office of the Vice President, the President shall nominate a Vice President who shall take office upon confirmation by a majority vote of both Houses of Congress.

Section 3
Whenever the President transmits to the President pro tempore of the Senate and the Speaker of the House of Representatives his written declaration that he is unable to discharge the powers and duties of his office, and until he transmits to them a written declaration to the contrary, such powers and duties shall be discharged by the Vice President as Acting President.

Section 4
Whenever the Vice President and a majority of either the principal officers of the executive departments or of such other body as Congress may by law provide, transmit to the President pro tempore of the Senate and the Speaker of the House of Representatives their written declaration that the President is unable to discharge the powers and duties of his office, the Vice President shall immediately assume the powers and duties of the office as Acting President.

Thereafter, when the President transmits to the President pro tempore of the Senate and the Speaker of the House of Representatives his written declaration that no inability exists, he shall resume the powers and duties of his office unless the Vice President and a majority of either the principal officers of the executive department or of such other body as Congress may by law provide, transmit within four days to the President pro tempore of the Senate and the Speaker of the House of Representatives their written declaration that the President is unable to discharge the powers and duties of his office. Thereupon Congress shall decide the issue, assembling within forty-eight hours for that purpose if not in session. If the Congress, within twenty-one days after receipt of the latter written declaration, or, if Congress is not in session, within twenty-one days after Congress is required to assemble, determines by two-thirds vote of both Houses that the President is unable to discharge the powers and duties of his office, the Vice President shall continue to discharge the same as Acting President; otherwise, the President shall resume the powers and duties of his office.
No punishment, in my opinion, is too great, for the man who can build his greatness upon his country's ruin~  George Washington

Online Cyber Liberty

• Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #713 on: August 21, 2021, 01:41:25 pm »
I don't understand that logic, as the VP office is immediately open when the VP assumes the Presidency.  I see no timeline in the Constitution as you infer either, nor do I see Pelosi as the heir apparent for anything.

Can you point me your reference?

Here is the relevant passage:

In Case of the Removal of the President from Office, or of his Death, Resignation, or Inability to discharge the Powers and Duties of the said Office, the Same shall devolve on the Vice President, and the Congress may by law provide for the Case of Removal, Death, Resignation or Inability, both of the President and Vice President, declaring what Officer shall then act as President, and such Officer shall act accordingly, until the Disability be removed, or a President shall be elected.

Twenty-Fifth Amendment
Section 1
In case of the removal of the President from office or of his death or resignation, the Vice President shall become President.

Section 2
Whenever there is a vacancy in the office of the Vice President, the President shall nominate a Vice President who shall take office upon confirmation by a majority vote of both Houses of Congress.

Section 3
Whenever the President transmits to the President pro tempore of the Senate and the Speaker of the House of Representatives his written declaration that he is unable to discharge the powers and duties of his office, and until he transmits to them a written declaration to the contrary, such powers and duties shall be discharged by the Vice President as Acting President.

Section 4
Whenever the Vice President and a majority of either the principal officers of the executive departments or of such other body as Congress may by law provide, transmit to the President pro tempore of the Senate and the Speaker of the House of Representatives their written declaration that the President is unable to discharge the powers and duties of his office, the Vice President shall immediately assume the powers and duties of the office as Acting President.

Thereafter, when the President transmits to the President pro tempore of the Senate and the Speaker of the House of Representatives his written declaration that no inability exists, he shall resume the powers and duties of his office unless the Vice President and a majority of either the principal officers of the executive department or of such other body as Congress may by law provide, transmit within four days to the President pro tempore of the Senate and the Speaker of the House of Representatives their written declaration that the President is unable to discharge the powers and duties of his office. Thereupon Congress shall decide the issue, assembling within forty-eight hours for that purpose if not in session. If the Congress, within twenty-one days after receipt of the latter written declaration, or, if Congress is not in session, within twenty-one days after Congress is required to assemble, determines by two-thirds vote of both Houses that the President is unable to discharge the powers and duties of his office, the Vice President shall continue to discharge the same as Acting President; otherwise, the President shall resume the powers and duties of his office.

Section 2.  The elevation of a Nominee to VP has a process that includes Confirmation by both Houses of Congress.  What if, for example, Harris nominates Hillary Clinton.  There is a good chance she would not be confirmed, and until someone is Nominated and Confirmed, the office remains empty, as it did before the 25th Amendment was ratified.  The elevation to VP is not instant.

The Confirmation is the sticky wicket, considering what a leftist wacko Harris is.
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Online Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
« Reply #714 on: August 21, 2021, 01:41:30 pm »

If heals up were to be ruled ineligible after Xiden is removed Pelosi becomes president.  @IsailedawayfromFR
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Online Cyber Liberty

• Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #715 on: August 21, 2021, 01:48:14 pm »
If heals up were to be ruled ineligible after Xiden is removed Pelosi becomes president.  @IsailedawayfromFR

That would be the fast way, but I think it's unlikely because the time to contest her would have been before the Election of 11/3.  Look at all that effort expended protecting the Kenyan.  Nobody on the planet would be deemed to have Standing.

It's more likely Pelosi gets it because Confirmation of a replacement VP would be stymied in the House.  Speaker Pelosi would easily stall that forever.
« Last Edit: August 21, 2021, 01:49:36 pm by Cyber Liberty »
I will NOT comply.

« Reply #716 on: August 21, 2021, 01:56:30 pm »
Point to me where the Constitution actually says the Speaker ascends.

I cannot find it.

Online Bigun

• The FairTax Plan
« Reply #717 on: August 21, 2021, 01:58:08 pm »
That would be the fast way, but I think it's unlikely because the time to contest her would have been before the Election of 11/3.  Look at all that effort expended protecting the Kenyan.  Nobody on the planet would be deemed to have Standing.

It's more likely Pelosi gets it because Confirmation of a replacement VP would be stymied in the House.  Speaker Pelosi would easily stall that forever.

She WAS contested but, as usual, no one had "standing"  I'll bet Pelosi does. @Cyber Liberty

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

« Reply #718 on: August 21, 2021, 01:58:56 pm »
Section 2.  The elevation of a Nominee to VP has a process that includes Confirmation by both Houses of Congress.  What if, for example, Harris nominates Hillary Clinton.  There is a good chance she would not be confirmed, and until someone is Nominated and Confirmed, the office remains empty, as it did before the 25th Amendment was ratified.  The elevation to VP is not instant.

The Confirmation is the sticky wicket, considering what a leftist wacko Harris is.
The part I am questioning is how do you assume Pelosi gets in as VP if Harris's nominee is unduly delayed being confirmed?  I don't see an automatic ascension after __ amount of time.

Online Cyber Liberty

• Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #719 on: August 21, 2021, 02:04:47 pm »

I cannot find it.

The order of succession is not in the Constitution, it's in the enabling Statutes.  It's still the law that must be followed.  This conversation is entirely academic, BTW.
I will NOT comply.

« Reply #720 on: August 21, 2021, 02:08:07 pm »
The order of succession is not in the Constitution, it's in the enabling Statutes.  It's still the law that must be followed.  This conversation is entirely academic, BTW.
Do you know where those are located and how they supersede what the Constitution says?

Online Bigun

• The FairTax Plan
« Reply #721 on: August 21, 2021, 02:08:07 pm »

I cannot find it.

Order Of Succession

The order of U.S. Presidential succession is outlined in the Constitution of the United States, and further refined in the Presidential Succession Act of 1947. The Act outlines both the order of succession and the requirement for one to qualify to be either the president or acting president of the US. To be eligible, one must be a natural-born citizen of the US, 35 years or older, and must have lived within the US for the last 14 years. The first in line for succession is the vice president followed by the House of Representatives’ Speaker, then the President Pro Tempore of the US Senate, and finally the Cabinet officers in the order of the department’s creation.

History Of Presidential Succession

The first succession legislation was passed in 1792, with the Vice President placed first in the succession line, followed the President Pro Tempore of the US Senate and the Speaker of the House of Representatives. They were to occupy the office in an acting capacity until a president was elected in November of the year the vacancy occurred. In 1886 the 1792 act was revised removing the President Pro Tempore of the US Senate and the House of Representatives’ Speaker from the line of succession and replacing them with the Cabinet Secretary of State as the second in line after the Vice President. The Succession Act of 1947 reintroduced the President Pro Tempore of the US Senate and the House of Representative’ Speaker who were included in the 1792 act. The 1947 act remains the order used today except for the removal of the position of the Postmaster General in 1971 and the addition of the position of the Secretary of Homeland Security in 2006.

What Is The Line Of Succession To The U.S. Presidency?

Order of Succession to the U.S. Presidency   Executive Office

1   Vice President
2   Speaker of the House of Representatives
3   President Pro Tempore of the Senate
4   Secretary of State
5   Secretary of the Treasury
6   Secretary of Defense
7   Attorney General
8   Secretary of the Interior
9   Secretary of Agriculture
10   Secretary of Commerce
11   Secretary of Labor
12   Secretary of Health and Human Services
13   Secretary of Housing and Urban Development
14   Secretary of Transportation
15   Secretary of Energy
16   Secretary of Education
17   Secretary of Veterans Affairs
18   Secretary of Homeland Security

https://www.worldatlas.com/articles/what-is-the-line-of-succession-to-the-u-s-presidency.html 
http://fd.valenciacollege.edu/file/ftua/Presidential%20Succession%20Act.pdf

@IsailedawayfromFR
« Last Edit: August 21, 2021, 02:16:26 pm by Bigun »

- J. R. R. Tolkien

Online Cyber Liberty

• Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #722 on: August 21, 2021, 02:10:16 pm »
The part I am questioning is how do you assume Pelosi gets in as VP if Harris's nominee is unduly delayed being confirmed?  I don't see an automatic ascension after __ amount of time.

You are misreading what I wrote. I did not say Pelosi is automatically the VP!  According to the 25th Amendment, a President must appoint a VP.  When Spiro Agnew resigned, Carl Albert (then the Speaker of the House) didn't get to be VP, Nixon appointed Gerald Ford, who was the Minority Leader of the House at the time.

If there is no VP, and a President Harris doesn't get a Nominee Confirmed, the the rules of succession says the Speaker will be the new President.
I will NOT comply.

Offline Elderberry

• TBR Contributor
« Reply #723 on: August 21, 2021, 02:17:20 pm »
Presidential Succession Act

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Presidential_Succession_Act

The United States Presidential Succession Act is a federal statute establishing the presidential line of succession.[1] Article II, Section 1, Clause 6 of the United States Constitution authorizes Congress to enact such a statute:

Congress may by Law provide for the Case of Removal, Death, Resignation or Inability, both of the President and Vice President, declaring what Officer shall then act as President, and such Officer shall act accordingly, until the Disability be removed, or a President shall be elected.[2]

Congress has enacted a Presidential Succession Act on three occasions: 1792 (1 Stat. 239), 1886 (24 Stat. 1), and 1947 (61 Stat. 380). The 1947 Act was last revised in 2006.

Although none of these succession acts have ever been invoked, an invocation was a distinct possibility on several occasions. However, the future likelihood that a person in the line of succession beyond the vice president will be called upon under normal circumstances to be acting president has diminished greatly due to the Twenty-fifth Amendment's provision for filling vice presidential vacancies.[3]

Offline Elderberry

• TBR Contributor
« Reply #724 on: August 21, 2021, 02:23:19 pm »

If there is no VP, and a President Harris doesn't get a Nominee Confirmed, the the rules of succession says the Speaker will be the new President.

You missed a step. If Harris becomes President, and no Nominee is Confirmed for VP, then Pelosi will continue to be Speaker and the VP Slot will remain unfilled. Harris would have to be removed from being President for the Speaker to ascend to the Presidency.