Author Topic: Live Thread 2: The Fall of Afghanistan  (Read 8604 times)

Offline Hoodat

Re: Live Thread 2: The Fall of Afghanistan
« Reply #425 on: August 20, 2021, 03:40:15 am »
   I've obviously gone beyond Political Junkie to Masochist to have read and even participated in this 1.2K post Thread of our Country's demise~on steroids.

Painful as shit!

I personally apologized to three foreign nationals today (a Canadian living in UK, and a South African and an Indian living in the US).  Not only did we screw over our own people, we screwed over our NATO allies, too.
If a political party does not have its foundation in the determination to advance a cause that is right and that is moral, then it is not a political party; it is merely a conspiracy to seize power.     -Dwight Eisenhower-

"The [U.S.] Constitution is a limitation on the government, not on private individuals ... it does not prescribe the conduct of private individuals, only the conduct of the government ... it is not a charter for government power, but a charter of the citizen's protection against the government."     -Ayn Rand-

Online corbe

« Reply #426 on: August 20, 2021, 03:52:58 am »
   I tried to buy another $300 window for my house from the guy I bought 4 from last year, he won't return my calls.  My cardio DR. didn't renew my scans for next year after our frank discussion about Covid,  I'm even using the self checkout at my local grocery to avoid getting in trouble with interactions with idiots.  I'm beginning to see a pattern here, It just may be me, or possibly my tinfoil may be to loose.
No government in the 12,000 years of modern mankind history has led its people into anything but the history books with a simple lesson, don't let this happen to you.

Offline Hoodat

« Reply #427 on: August 20, 2021, 04:03:37 am »
I got a notice from HR today that they are considering adding a surcharge to insurance premiums for unvaccinated people.  They are also considering weekly testing for the unvaccinated (but not the vaccinated who are now the main carriers).  And finally, a ban on travel for the unvaccinated.

We now have millions of people in this country who have protected themselves with the mRNA jab by blocking the virus from attaching to their cells (for now), but who also lack any antibodies to kill the virus itself.  And people wonder why there is now an increase in cases.
If a political party does not have its foundation in the determination to advance a cause that is right and that is moral, then it is not a political party; it is merely a conspiracy to seize power.     -Dwight Eisenhower-

"The [U.S.] Constitution is a limitation on the government, not on private individuals ... it does not prescribe the conduct of private individuals, only the conduct of the government ... it is not a charter for government power, but a charter of the citizen's protection against the government."     -Ayn Rand-

Offline dfwgator

« Reply #428 on: August 20, 2021, 04:09:25 am »
I got a notice from HR today that they are considering adding a surcharge to insurance premiums for unvaccinated people.  They are also considering weekly testing for the unvaccinated (but not the vaccinated who are now the main carriers).  And finally, a ban on travel for the unvaccinated.

We now have millions of people in this country who have protected themselves with the mRNA jab by blocking the virus from attaching to their cells (for now), but who also lack any antibodies to kill the virus itself.  And people wonder why there is now an increase in cases.

Well it stands to reason there are more cases,  people are more out and about,  crowds are returning,  it had to happen sometime, and there was going to be a short-term increase in cases,  but I believe it will fade quickly. 

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
« Reply #429 on: August 20, 2021, 01:08:54 pm »
U.N. Report: Taliban Revenge Teams Actively Seeking ‘Targets’

Taliban teams are going door-to-door across Afghanistan looking for people who either worked for NATO forces or the former national government, a U.N. report outlined Friday.

A confidential document by RHIPTO Norwegian Center for Global Analyses, a group sourcing intelligence for the U.N., cautioned the Taliban were now targeting “collaborators.”

Christian Nellemann, who led the team behind the report, told the BBC: “There are a high number of individuals that are currently being targeted by the Taliban and the threat is crystal clear.

more
https://www.breitbart.com/asia/2021/08/20/u-n-report-taliban-revenge-teams-actively-seeking-targets/
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Support the USO

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”

Offline Hoodat

« Reply #431 on: August 20, 2021, 01:16:53 pm »
Reading between the lines here, I would conclude that Biden will not be taking any candid questions after today's teleprompter reading:

1:00 PM

Official Schedule
The President delivers remarks on remarks on the evacuation of American citizens and their families, SIV applicants and their families, and vulnerable Afghans; The Vice President also attends by 9:00 am]
East Room;  In-House Pool and Pre-Credentialed Media Coverage [RSVP here by 9:00 AM]

2:05 PM

Official Schedule
The President departs Washington, DC en route Wilmington, Delaware
Fort Lesley J. McNair;  In-Town Travel Pool Coverage

First, the press has to report at 9 am for entry into a 1 pm presser.  So there will be extensive prep work going on, possibly coordinating with press to ask certain questions so that responses can be loaded on teleprompter later.  Secondly, it is about a 15 min drive from the White House to Fort Lesley McNair.  That leaves 50 minutes max for Biden to deliver this remarks and then get into position for the evacuation to Delaware (again).  There simply won't be any time for unscripted responses.

Offline Hoodat

« Reply #432 on: August 20, 2021, 01:18:34 pm »
The Taliban has begun seizing personal weapons and indicates individual Afghans "can now feel safe" and no longer need the firearms.

Berlin, 1933

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Support the USO

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
« Reply #434 on: August 20, 2021, 01:20:34 pm »
French and Brits Are Rescuing Their Citizens in Kabul, but Here's What Americans Were Hearing

https://twitter.com/guypbenson/status/1428422222658555904
Support the USO

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Support the USO

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
« Reply #436 on: August 20, 2021, 02:03:08 pm »
Sasha Ingber
@SashaIngber
·
1h
Chaos “at all gates” in Kabul right now. Taliban gunfire, beating people. I’m messaging with an interpreter who is there, trying to get into one of the gates. All gates are closed because the airfield is currently at max capacity, I am told.
Support the USO

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Support the USO

Offline Hoodat

« Reply #438 on: August 20, 2021, 02:07:37 pm »

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
« Reply #439 on: August 20, 2021, 02:08:31 pm »
Report: Joe Biden Waiving Coronavirus Test Requirements for Evacuees at Kabul Airport
https://www.breitbart.com/politics/2021/08/20/joe-biden-coronavirus-test-requirements/
Support the USO

Offline Hoodat

« Reply #440 on: August 20, 2021, 02:09:53 pm »
Sasha Ingber
@SashaIngber
·
1h
Chaos “at all gates” in Kabul right now. Taliban gunfire, beating people. I’m messaging with an interpreter who is there, trying to get into one of the gates. All gates are closed because the airfield is currently at max capacity, I am told.

Yet half-empty planes are being flown out as they purchase jet fuel from the Taliban.

Offline Hoodat

« Reply #441 on: August 20, 2021, 02:11:51 pm »
Report: Joe Biden Waiving Coronavirus Test Requirements for Evacuees at Kabul Airport
https://www.breitbart.com/politics/2021/08/20/joe-biden-coronavirus-test-requirements/

Are you freaking kidding me?  They were testing people for Covid before flying them out?  So what happens if someone tests positive?  Do they have to quarantine for two weeks and then get two negative test results before being allowed to evacuate a war zone?

Pentagon spokesman John Kirby said Thursday the military has the capacity to remove 5,000 to 9,000 per day but has only evacuated about 2,000 passengers “each of the past two days.” Only 1,762 American citizens and Green Card holders have been saved from the country since August 14.

So we are averaging less than 300 Americans a day.  At the current rate, it will require another 38 days to evacuate the estimated 11,000 Americans still stranded behind enemy lines in Afghanistan.
« Last Edit: August 20, 2021, 02:16:27 pm by Hoodat »

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #442 on: August 20, 2021, 02:54:06 pm »
GOP Claudia Tenney Drafts Legislation to Ban U.S. Government from Charging Americans for Evacuation Flights
https://www.breitbart.com/politics/2021/08/19/gop-claudia-tenney-drafts-legislation-to-ban-u-s-government-from-charging-americans-for-evacuation-flights/

@mystery-ak

I personally think that anyone who votes for charging Americans for their flights back home should lose their citizenship and be given free one-way tickets to Afghanistan.
Anyone who isn't paranoid in 2021 just isn't thinking clearly!

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #443 on: August 20, 2021, 03:02:20 pm »
Something big is going on here, as everything points to it.  The media just doesn't turn on Biden like this, as this is no accident.  They are trying to get rid of him.  Everyone knows now that Joe is incompetent.  Tucker tonight read from the ABC interview transcript that ABC didn't broadcast and it was devastating.  Biden got his facts wrong and had to correct himself over and over.....heck you could even see that George saw his incompetence.

Now the news that Biden is going home for the weekend....this is just too weird.  I give him a few days if not a few weeks before he's out of there.  Just a gut feel, but something doesn't feel right.....

@mrpotatohead

I agree,and think this has been the plan for weeks,or maybe even months. This is why they send Kameltoe to VN. They wanted to keep her clear of the mess and of the VERY unlikely risk of any US reporter asking her anything about the Muddle East.

Can you say "President Kameltoe by 1 Jan 2022"?

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #444 on: August 20, 2021, 03:08:47 pm »
   I tried to buy another $300 window for my house from the guy I bought 4 from last year, he won't return my calls.  My cardio DR. didn't renew my scans for next year after our frank discussion about Covid,  I'm even using the self checkout at my local grocery to avoid getting in trouble with interactions with idiots.  I'm beginning to see a pattern here, It just may be me, or possibly my tinfoil may be to loose.

@corbe

Nah,you have just passed your "best if used by date",where the docs no longer give a Bush because medicare/medicaid just ain't worth their time because they want to spend it with younger patients with better insurance that will live longer/pay longer.

I noticed a couple of years ago that even regular docs are now treating me like VA docs treat me. Mainly,the minimum amount they can get away with. When I do get an appointment these days,it is with a PA,not a real doctor.

Hell,I can't even get any of them to prescribe any pain pills for me anymore. They claim they are afraid I might become addicted. No Biden!

You reach a certain age and have health "bonuses" like cancer,they just don't give a squat anymore. It ain't nothing personal,you are just in their way of treating patients with better insurance that will be long-term income providers.

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #445 on: August 20, 2021, 03:12:31 pm »
Reading between the lines here, I would conclude that Biden will not be taking any candid questions after today's teleprompter reading:

@Hoodat

Has Slow Joe EVER taken any candid questions?

Has the alleged "press" even TRIED to ask him any candid/tough questions at ANY time during his term?

Online Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
« Reply #446 on: August 20, 2021, 03:13:35 pm »
@mrpotatohead

I agree,and think this has been the plan for weeks,or maybe even months. This is why they send Kameltoe to VN. They wanted to keep her clear of the mess and of the VERY unlikely risk of any US reporter asking her anything about the Muddle East.

Can you say "President Kameltoe by 1 Jan 2022"?

I think that has been the plan from day one and look for Democrats and SCOTUS to suddenly rediscover the constitutional NBC requirement soon thereafter.

Hello president Pelosi.

@sneakypete

« Last Edit: August 20, 2021, 03:17:34 pm by Bigun »
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline Hoodat

« Reply #447 on: August 20, 2021, 03:21:14 pm »
I think that has been the plan from day one and look for Democrats and SCOTUS to suddenly rediscover the constitutional NBC requirement soon thereafter.

Hello president Pelosi.

They are going to have to call on Bruce Lindsey to get Harris out of office.  She ain't stepping down voluntarily.  It's gonna take some Vince Foster-level action to get Pelosi in the White House.

Online Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
« Reply #448 on: August 20, 2021, 03:21:36 pm »
The Forever War Isn’t Over

The Afghan debacle just marks a new, more murderous phase

I'm now the fourth American president to preside over war in Afghanistan—two Democrats and two Republicans," President Biden said during his speech on August 16. "I will not pass this responsibly on— responsibility on to a fifth president." He needn't have corrected himself. He did indeed irresponsibly bequeath to his successor a terrible situation in central Asia.

The best-case scenario, according to Biden, would look like this: Afghanistan's reversion to Islamofascism fades from the international headlines. The Taliban understands that its continued rule depends on its ability to prevent terrorists from launching attacks from its territory. America goes back to fighting over masks and vaccinations and "building back better," or whatever.

But the best-case scenario is an illusion. Why? Because the war isn't over. Afghanistan is just one front in a global conflict that the United States did not initiate and cannot wish away. The Cold War did not end when the South Vietnamese government collapsed. Nor will the war on terror or the "Long War" or the "Forever War" cease with Taliban control of Afghanistan. When participants in the worldwide Salafist-jihadist movement look at the developments of the last week, they don't see reasons to quit their mayhem. They see the chaos, panic, violence, disorder, and American retreat as a vindication of their ideology and a spur to further action.

It's happened before. North Vietnam's victory over the South did not make communism less expansionist or revolutionary. On the contrary: Laos fell to the Communists, Cambodia was subjected to the barbarism of the Khmer Rouge, Cuba sent advisers to the pro-Communist People's Movement for the Liberation of Angola, the Sandinistas overthrew the anti-Communist Somoza dictatorship in Nicaragua, the Soviet Union invaded Afghanistan, and a pro-Communist insurgency took root in El Salvador. The relentless humiliations that followed America's defeat in Vietnam ended Jimmy Carter's presidency. They did not stop until Ronald Reagan shifted the nation's course.

Or try a more recent example. When America removed its troops from Iraq at the end of 2011 and failed to enforce its red line against the use of chemical weapons in Syria in 2013, the Middle East did not become less violent or pathological or dangerous. It was only a matter of time before ISIS overran the Iraqi cities of Falluja, Ramadi, and Mosul. On June 29, 2014, the terrorist army's leader, Abu Bakr al-Baghdadi, announced the formation of a caliphate. Then ISIS moved toward Baghdad and enslaved and massacred Iraq's Yazidi population along the way...

Excerpt: Rest at headline link
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline txradioguy

• Propaganda NCOIC
  • Cat Mod
  • Rule #39
The libs/dems of today are the Quislings of former years. The cowards who would vote a fraud into office in exchange for handouts from the devil.

Here lies in honored glory an American soldier, known but to God

THE ESTABLISHMENT IS THE PROBLEM...NOT THE SOLUTION

Republicans Don't Need A Back Bench...They Need a BACKBONE!