Author Topic: Live Thread 2: The Fall of Afghanistan  (Read 8527 times)

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Re: Live Thread 2: The Fall of Afghanistan
« Reply #376 on: August 19, 2021, 09:21:11 pm »
Graham Allen
@GrahamAllen_1
·
3h
Instead of attacking the Taliban holding Americans hostage…

The White House is going after kids to force them to wear masks!

Disgraceful!!
Support the USO

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Support the USO

Online Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
« Reply #378 on: August 19, 2021, 09:25:18 pm »
Mike, my husband, said the Army and I am sure every branch have instructions on how to destroy equipment like this in case of withdrawing...or being over run...

Hell you can pour sand in the gas tank of the humvees...shoot out the ignition...They had plenty of time to destroy this equipment...

That was true 50 years ago. But I doubt the message ever got to the Afghan military.
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Support the USO

Offline EdinVA

« Reply #380 on: August 19, 2021, 09:31:39 pm »
Mike, my husband, said the Army and I am sure every branch have instructions on how to destroy equipment like this in case of withdrawing...or being over run...

Hell you can pour sand in the gas tank of the humvees...shoot out the ignition...They had plenty of time to destroy this equipment...
Well if the state dept is making evacuees pay for their plane ride, just imagine what would happen to you if you destroyed uncle sugars toys...

Offline Hoodat

« Reply #381 on: August 19, 2021, 09:31:48 pm »
French Embassy still open

The French embassy in Kabul has become an 'internally displaced persons camp'

Tim O'Donnell  1 day ago

The French embassy remains the last operating Western mission in Kabul after the Taliban swept the Afghan capital earlier this week, and hundreds of Afghans have reportedly been camping around the compound over the past three days in the hopes of entering and eventually finding a way out of the country, The Wall Street Journal reports.

The situation reportedly reached a point on Tuesday night at which the embassy ran out of food rations and water to hand out to people, though a convoy of 10 buses made their way to the compound and transferred folks to a French military plane en route to Abu Dhabi.  .  .  .

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/world/the-french-embassy-in-kabul-has-become-an-internally-displaced-persons-camp/ar-AANt6qv

So explain to me how the French can drive a convoy of ten buses through the streets of Kabul, load them up with people, and then drive them back to the airport, load them on planes, and fly them out of the country, yet we are sitting there with our thumbs up our asses telling our own people that they are on their own.
If a political party does not have its foundation in the determination to advance a cause that is right and that is moral, then it is not a political party; it is merely a conspiracy to seize power.     -Dwight Eisenhower-

"The [U.S.] Constitution is a limitation on the government, not on private individuals ... it does not prescribe the conduct of private individuals, only the conduct of the government ... it is not a charter for government power, but a charter of the citizen's protection against the government."     -Ayn Rand-

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
« Reply #382 on: August 19, 2021, 09:33:03 pm »
Taliban Going Door To Door Seeking Christians, Searching Through Phones For Bible Apps: Report

"Only God understands how much pain we have and how broken our hearts are."

https://www.dailywire.com/news/taliban-going-door-to-door-seeking-christians-searching-through-phones-for-bible-apps-report
Support the USO

Offline Hoodat

If a political party does not have its foundation in the determination to advance a cause that is right and that is moral, then it is not a political party; it is merely a conspiracy to seize power.     -Dwight Eisenhower-

"The [U.S.] Constitution is a limitation on the government, not on private individuals ... it does not prescribe the conduct of private individuals, only the conduct of the government ... it is not a charter for government power, but a charter of the citizen's protection against the government."     -Ayn Rand-

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Support the USO

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Support the USO

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Support the USO

Offline dfwgator

« Reply #387 on: August 19, 2021, 09:57:49 pm »

https://twitter.com/CGTNOfficial/status/1428475554534207490

That is the plan.  Take advantage of the crisis to dump hundreds of thousands of Afghanis into this country.

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
« Reply #388 on: August 19, 2021, 09:58:02 pm »
toddstarnes
@toddstarnes
·
8m
Arming the Taliban with advanced weaponry funded by the American taxpayers will be the highlight of the Biden foreign policy legacy.
Support the USO

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
« Reply #389 on: August 19, 2021, 09:59:24 pm »
Guy Benson
@guypbenson
·
3h
US officials say the most powerful nation on earth lacks capacity to extend operations into Kabul to collect stranded citizens & people we have a duty to protect. But the UK & French governments are reportedly doing exactly that. But we can’t? We can. We are choosing not to. Why?
Support the USO

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
« Reply #390 on: August 19, 2021, 10:00:01 pm »
Charlie Kirk
@charliekirk11
·
13m
The US citizens stuck in Afghanistan will be forced to pay for their flights back to America.

According to the State Department, flights can be "$2,000 or more"

I wonder how much the thousands of Afghanis had to pay to be flown on US-Taxpayer funded aircraft?
Support the USO

Offline Hoodat

« Reply #391 on: August 19, 2021, 10:01:52 pm »

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
« Reply #392 on: August 19, 2021, 10:02:33 pm »
CGTN
@CGTNOfficial
·
5m
China state-affiliated media
U.S. President Biden said there are an estimated 50,000 to 65,000 Afghans who are eligible for special immigration status for their efforts in supporting the U.S.
Support the USO

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Support the USO

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
« Reply #394 on: August 19, 2021, 10:05:26 pm »
Jacqui Heinrich
@JacquiHeinrich
·
5m
🚨NEW, thread: my colleague @RichEdsonDC
 confirms WSJ reporting, that about two dozen State Dept officials in Kabul sent a memo to Blinken, other top officials July 13th, warning of potential Kabul collapse soon after withdrawal deadline, offering recs on mitigation & speedy evac
Support the USO

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Support the USO

Offline Hoodat

« Reply #396 on: August 19, 2021, 10:13:51 pm »
Jacqui Heinrich
@JacquiHeinrich · 5m

confirms WSJ reporting, that about two dozen State Dept officials in Kabul sent a memo to Blinken

Well there's your mistake right there.

Online Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
« Reply #397 on: August 19, 2021, 10:14:45 pm »
Jacqui Heinrich
@JacquiHeinrich
·
5m
 confirms WSJ reporting, that about two dozen State Dept officials in Kabul sent a memo to Blinken, other top officials July 13th, warning of potential Kabul collapse soon after withdrawal deadline, offering recs on mitigation & speedy evac

Sounds very familiar to me. I'm recalling very similar messages from Libia some years ago.
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Support the USO

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
« Reply #399 on: August 19, 2021, 10:29:06 pm »
Caleb Hull
@CalebJHull
·
16m
I gotta say, I never expected CNN and MSNBC to turn on Biden this fast. That just shows how wildly unpopular his handling of Afghanistan has been. This is going to be his legacy.
Support the USO