Author Topic: “What the heck did my son sacrifice his life for?” Gold Star parents watch as Afghanistan crumbles  (Read 89 times)

rangerrebew

“What the heck did my son sacrifice his life for?” Gold Star parents watch as Afghanistan crumbles
Todd South

Only a week ago, the family of the late Army Pfc. Paul Cuzzupe II gathered at his grave in Brandon, Florida.

They shared memories of the 23-year-old who died on Aug. 8, 2010, from wounds suffered in an Improvised Explosive Device attack while serving with 3rd Squadron, 2nd Stryker Cavalry Regiment. Afterward, they ate a big Italian meal. It was a tradition Cuzzupe started. One he told his mom before his deployment that they should continue while he was gone.

They’ve done it every year.

This time, mounting catastrophes in the place where Cuzzupe lost his life marked the occasion.

https://www.militarytimes.com/flashpoints/afghanistan/2021/08/16/what-the-heck-did-my-son-sacrifice-his-life-for-gold-star-parents-watch-as-afghanistan-crumbles/

rangerrebew

There were over 59,000 parents who asked the same thing when Viet Nam collapsed. :drunk:  Maybe it's time congress stayed out of the military business. :amen: