Author Topic: Biden admin depends on Taliban to give Americans 'safe passage' 6 weeks after Biden said he doesn't  (Read 372 times)

Offline txradioguy

• Propaganda NCOIC
  • Cat Mod
  • Rule #39
The White House is depending on the Taliban to give evacuating Americans "safe passage" to the Kabul airport just six weeks after President Biden said that he doesn't trust the terrorist organization.

National security adviser Jake Sullivan joined White House press secretary Jen Psaki at the podium for a press conference on Tuesday, where they took questions about the fallout from the troops withdrawal from Afghanistan, which gave way to a swift Taliban takeover of the country.

Sullivan told reporters that the administration expects the Taliban "will have to be watched and observed over time" on whether it is "prepared to meet their obligations to the basic human rights and human dignity of people, to the safe passage of people, to the airport."

"The Taliban have informed us that they are prepared to provide the safe passage of civilians to the airport, and we intend to hold them to that commitment," Sullivan also said during the briefing.

Sullivan noted the administration is "in contact with the Taliban to ensure the safe passage of people to the airport."

The president was asked just six weeks ago if he trusted the Taliban, to which he replied: "No, I do not trust the Taliban."

https://www.foxnews.com/politics/biden-afghanistan-taliban-safe-passage-kabul-airport
The libs/dems of today are the Quislings of former years. The cowards who would vote a fraud into office in exchange for handouts from the devil.

Here lies in honored glory an American soldier, known but to God

THE ESTABLISHMENT IS THE PROBLEM...NOT THE SOLUTION

Republicans Don't Need A Back Bench...They Need a BACKBONE!

Offline txradioguy

• Propaganda NCOIC
  • Cat Mod
  • Rule #39
I never thought I'd see the day where our government would turn their back on its citizens in such a disgusting manor.
The libs/dems of today are the Quislings of former years. The cowards who would vote a fraud into office in exchange for handouts from the devil.

Offline Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
I never thought I'd see the day where our government would turn their back on its citizens in such a disgusting manor.

When I was half a world away fighting communists in my youth the idea that I would wind up fighting them at home in my declining years never occurred to me but here I am doing exactly that.
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline Hoodat

As if Nov 2020 wasn't bad enough.
If a political party does not have its foundation in the determination to advance a cause that is right and that is moral, then it is not a political party; it is merely a conspiracy to seize power.

-Dwight Eisenhower-

"The [U.S.] Constitution is a limitation on the government, not on private individuals ... it does not prescribe the conduct of private individuals, only the conduct of the government ... it is not a charter for government power, but a charter of the citizen's protection against the government."

-Ayn Rand-

Online Wingnut

• That is the problem with everything. They try and make it better without realizing the old is fine.
I am just a Technicolor Dream Cat riding this kaleidoscope of life.

Offline txradioguy

• Propaganda NCOIC
  • Cat Mod
  • Rule #39
This is gonna make a run through the K-4 traffic circle in Mogadishu or a convoy down Route Irish in Baghdad look like a cakewalk.

« Last Edit: August 18, 2021, 03:24:58 am by txradioguy »

Offline Hoodat

Are city buses still running?  Get a bus pass, and it's a straight shot.
If a political party does not have its foundation in the determination to advance a cause that is right and that is moral, then it is not a political party; it is merely a conspiracy to seize power.

-Dwight Eisenhower-

"The [U.S.] Constitution is a limitation on the government, not on private individuals ... it does not prescribe the conduct of private individuals, only the conduct of the government ... it is not a charter for government power, but a charter of the citizen's protection against the government."

-Ayn Rand-

Offline GtHawk

• I don't believe in Trump anymore, he's an illusion
I wonder how much taxpayer money the great foreign policy expert promised the Taliban to let our people go? I know what I would have promised them if they didn't, hell I'm generous I would have given it to them either way!

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
This is gonna make a run through the K-4 traffic circle in Mogadishu or a convoy down Route Irish in Baghdad look like a cakewalk.

...something out of Blackhawk Down...like a stroll through Chicago at night...
« Last Edit: August 18, 2021, 07:44:08 am by Smokin Joe »
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Offline Hoodat

...something out of Blackhawk Down...like a stroll through Chicago at night...

Wasn't there a movie about this?

-Dwight Eisenhower-

-Ayn Rand-

Offline PeteS in CA

IMO, had the Dems not hollowed out the Defense budget for the better part of a decade, the attempt to rescue the Iranian embassy hostages would have had a chance to succeed. In Kabul, the Talibanders will have thousands or tens of thousands of hostages, which pretty much precludes any rescue attempt(s). Will the Talibanders forgo keeping hostages? Only a fool would rely on or expect them to do so.
If, as anti-Covid-vaxxers claim, https://www.poynter.org/fact-checking/2021/robert-f-kennedy-jr-said-the-covid-19-vaccine-is-the-deadliest-vaccine-ever-made-thats-not-true/ , https://gospelnewsnetwork.org/2021/11/23/covid-shots-are-the-deadliest-vaccines-in-medical-history/ , The Vaccine is deadly, where in the US have Pfizer and Moderna hidden the millions of bodies of those who died of "vaccine injury"? Is reality a Big Pharma Shill?

Millions now living should have died. Anti-Covid-Vaxxer ghouls hardest hit.

Offline IsailedawayfromFR

There are lots of Europeans there too, mostly Germans and Brits.

They will not permit their citizens to perish as Biden would, so I predict they will make the corridor and preserve it to get there citizens out along with Americans where our President vacations instead.
No punishment, in my opinion, is too great, for the man who can build his greatness upon his country's ruin~  George Washington

Breaking: British Para Troops Are Running Vehicle Patrols Through Center of Kabul to Extract Trapped UK Citizens — While Biden Abandons Trapped Americans
https://www.gopbriefingroom.com/index.php/topic,445949.msg2478951.html#msg2478951

While Biden told Americans they are on their own.
No punishment, in my opinion, is too great, for the man who can build his greatness upon his country's ruin~  George Washington

Taliban Official Announces Group Will Rule Afghanistan with Sharia Law and 'No Democratic System'

https://www.westernjournal.com/taliban-official-announces-group-will-rule-afghanistan-sharia-law-no-democratic-system/?utm_source=Email&utm_medium=aa-breaking&utm_campaign=can&utm_content=firefly&ats_es=d1798f07aaa013be248f809c2f2987bc

Any remaining Americans in Afghanistan simply will cease being a problem to these people.