Author Topic: 'Rumors That The Taliban Have Taken Over Are Unfounded,' Says Jen Psaki Wearing Hijab  (Read 712 times)

Offline Wingnut

• That is the problem with everything. They try and make it better without realizing the old is fine.
WASHINGTON, D.C.—Many are expressing concerns over how far the Taliban has managed to advance after Press Secretary Jen Psaki gave her latest press conference while wearing an Islamic Hijab.

"No, there is nothing to worry about, Alhamdulillah, Allah be praised," said Psaki. "The Taliban poses no danger to the U.S. and they definitely have not advanced as far as Washington, D.C. Everything is fine here."

When asked about her new modest religious veil, she responded, "What do you mean? I always wear these! It's sunny out and it keeps the sun off my head. Nothing to worry about!" She then circled back to face Mecca and bowed her head to the ground.

The White House also confirmed that the crowd of military-aged males with AK47s playing soccer on the White House lawn was just a fun little bit of performance art and nothing to be concerned over.

In other news, D.C. has confirmed that call to prayer will be at 3pm this afternoon and that everyone needs to be on time.

https://babylonbee.com/news/rumors-that-the-taliban-have-taken-over-are-unfounded-says-jen-psaki-wearing-burqa
I am just a Technicolor Dream Cat riding this kaleidoscope of life.

Offline LegalAmerican

OH.  Satire.   I loathe satire....same as LYING.  Don't need it.  Enough lies going around.  I see ZERO VALUE in satire.  Some might believe it.  What is the point?   Same as pushing propaganda.  It is worthless. 

Offline berdie

That's great!! Bahgdad Bob was the only bright spot. (yes, I saw this was a Bee article)

Offline Wingnut

• That is the problem with everything. They try and make it better without realizing the old is fine.
OH.  Satire.   I loathe satire....same as LYING.  Don't need it.  Enough lies going around.  I see ZERO VALUE in satire.  Some might believe it.  What is the point?   Same as pushing propaganda.  It is worthless.

Which is why you will truly never be an American.

Offline art.prout

Why don't you appreciate satire?   I've never encountered a person that doesn't appreciate good satire, such as the Bee excels at producing.

Offline Wingnut

Why don't you appreciate satire?   I've never encountered a person that doesn't appreciate good satire, such as the Bee excels at producing.

Well If I might offer an explanation.  She wasn't born here. English is not her native language. And she is like 85 years old. 

Offline art.prout

Ahh, that surely can explain some of it.  It is not easy to appreciate satire if it is not written in your native language.  It can be done, but it isn't quite as obvious and apparent to some.

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Love satire...this is funny   :silly:
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline Wingnut

Ahh, that surely can explain some of it.  It is not easy to appreciate satire if it is not written in your native language.  It can be done, but it isn't quite as obvious and apparent to some.

And if you don't take yourself or your heroes too seriously..it helps !

Offline LegalAmerican

You ask, why? I gave all the reasons in my post.  Why do some of you think YOU are so smart?  I GAVE MANY REASONS.

Quote from: LegalAmerican on Today at 04:59:37 pm

OH.  Satire.   I loathe satire....

1.  same as LYING.

2.   Don't need it.

3.   Enough lies going around.

4. I see ZERO VALUE in satire.

5.  Some might believe it.

6.  What is the point?

7.   Same as pushing propaganda.

8.   It is worthless.

Quote from: LegalAmerican on Today at 04:59:37 pm

Offline LegalAmerican

Well If I might offer an explanation.  She wasn't born here. English is not her native language. And she is like 85 years old.

I AM A LEGAL AMERICAN....for 70 years.  I hope to live to be 85.  This is nothing but,  EVIL COMMENTS from an ignorant person.   You must be a prk.  Small penis?   

Offline The_Reader_David

The value, point, and worth of satire is to deflate the self-regard of those who commit hubris, take themselves too seriously, or are somehow regarded as immune from criticism.  Its role is similar to that of the court jester in the days when only the jester, under cover of humor, was allowed to criticize the king (cf. the Fool-for-Christ's-Sake Basil, who was the only person who could criticize Ivan the Terrible).  Satire has a long history among the English speaking peoples:  Jonathan Swift's Gulliver's Travels is full of satires of British society in his day, and of course his A Modest Proposal, suggesting dealing with the Irish famine by eating Irish children served as a stinging rebuke of the inhuman policies that led to the famine in the first place.  A whole genre, the mock epic (as for example, Alexander Pope's The Rape of the Lock, which makes a love-besotted man's contrivance to steal a lock of his beloved's hair the subject of a massive poem in iambic pentameter) made fun of the pretentiousness of latter-day Homer wannabes writing epic poetry.

Mikhail Bakhtin in his Rabelais and His World wrote of folk festivals that mocked those in power in the Middle Ages and Renaissance, ""laughing truth ... degraded power".  And that is the point, value and worth of satire.
And when they behead your own people in the wars which are to come, then you will know what this was all about.

Offline art.prout

You ask, why? I gave all the reasons in my post.  Why do some of you think YOU are so smart?  I GAVE MANY REASONS.

Clearly, I didn't think that any of your "reasons" were valid, that is why I asked.

Offline LegalAmerican

The value, point, and worth of satire is to deflate the self-regard of those who commit hubris, take themselves too seriously, or are somehow regarded as immune from criticism.  Its role is similar to that of the court jester in the days when only the jester, under cover of humor, was allowed to criticize the king (cf. the Fool-for-Christ's-Sake Basil, who was the only person who could criticize Ivan the Terrible).  Satire has a long history among the English speaking peoples:  Jonathan Swift's Gulliver's Travels is full of satires of British society in his day, and of course his A Modest Proposal, suggesting dealing with the Irish famine by eating Irish children served as a stinging rebuke of the inhuman policies that led to the famine in the first place.  A whole genre, the mock epic (as for example, Alexander Pope's The Rape of the Lock, which makes a love-besotted man's contrivance to steal a lock of his beloved's hair the subject of a massive poem in iambic pentameter) made fun of the pretentiousness of latter-day Homer wannabes writing epic poetry.

Mikhail Bakhtin in his Rabelais and His World wrote of folk festivals that mocked those in power in the Middle Ages and Renaissance, ""laughing truth ... degraded power".  And that is the point, value and worth of satire.

Worthless.  Worry about our CONCENTRATION CAMPS. This is worthless tripe. Wasted energy. They are being called,  Green Zone's. Most of you are considered for this,  being the elderly.  GOOD LUCK.

Offline LegalAmerican

Clearly, I didn't think that any of your "reasons" were valid, that is why I asked.

Well, that is silly!  I gave you about 8 reasons and you ASK for reasons why?    :silly:

Good day. 

Offline MOD3

Offline catfish1957

• Laken Riley.... Say her Name. And to every past and future democrat voter- Her blood is on your hands too!!!
  • Political Researcher

Funny, because if someone just accidentally visited this site, they'd think 90% of your posts were in that category.
I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.

Offline PeteS in CA

Worthless.  Worry about our CONCENTRATION CAMPS. This is worthless tripe. Wasted energy. They are being called,  Green Zone's. Most of you are considered for this,  being the elderly.  GOOD LUCK.

Concentration Camps in the US? "Green Zones"? Here's what LA is probably alluding to, https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019-ncov/global-covid-19/shielding-approach-humanitarian.html

Interim Operational Considerations for Implementing the Shielding Approach to Prevent COVID-19 Infections in Humanitarian Settings

Updated July 26, 2020

This document presents considerations from the perspective of the U.S. Centers for Disease Control & Prevention (CDC) for implementing the shielding approach in humanitarian settings as outlined in guidance documents focused on camps, displaced populations and low-resource settings.  This approach has never been documented and has raised questions and concerns among humanitarian partners who support response activities in these settings. The purpose of this document is to highlight potential implementation challenges of the shielding approach from CDC’s perspective and guide thinking around implementation in the absence of empirical data. Considerations are based on current evidence known about the transmission and severity of coronavirus disease 2019 (COVID-19) and may need to be revised as more information becomes available. Please check the CDC website periodically for updates.

What is the Shielding Approach?

The shielding approach aims to reduce the number of severe COVID-19 cases by limiting contact between individuals at higher risk of developing severe disease (“high-risk”) and the general population (“low-risk”). High-risk individuals would be temporarily relocated to safe or “green zones” established at the household, neighborhood, camp/sector or community level depending on the context and setting. They would have minimal contact with family members and other low-risk residents.

Current evidence indicates that older adults and people of any age who have serious underlying medical conditions are at higher risk for severe illness from COVID-19. In most humanitarian settings, older population groups make up a small percentage of the total population.  For this reason, the shielding approach suggests physically separating high-risk individuals from the general population to prioritize the use of the limited available resources and avoid implementing long-term containment measures among the general population.

In theory, shielding may serve its objective to protect high-risk populations from disease and death. However, implementation of the approach necessitates strict adherence to protocol. Inadvertent introduction of the virus into a green zone may result in rapid transmission among the most vulnerable populations the approach is trying to protect.

1. The context to which this document refers is "humanitarian settings", such as refugee camps in other countries.

2. This document is a recommendation to governments or NGOs overseeing such refugee camps, not a plan for anything being or to be done by the US government.

*****rollingeyes***** IOW, it's perfect fodder for conspiracy-theorists who know their listeners, viewers, and readers won't fact-check them because facts don't matter to them. *****rollingeyes*****
If, as anti-Covid-vaxxers claim, https://www.poynter.org/fact-checking/2021/robert-f-kennedy-jr-said-the-covid-19-vaccine-is-the-deadliest-vaccine-ever-made-thats-not-true/ , https://gospelnewsnetwork.org/2021/11/23/covid-shots-are-the-deadliest-vaccines-in-medical-history/ , The Vaccine is deadly, where in the US have Pfizer and Moderna hidden the millions of bodies of those who died of "vaccine injury"? Is reality a Big Pharma Shill?

Millions now living should have died. Anti-Covid-Vaxxer ghouls hardest hit.

Offline DefiantMassRINO

Satire is an entertaining means of expressing unspoken truths.

Self-Anointed Deplorable Expert Chowderhead Pundit
I reserve my God-given rights to be wrong and to be stupid at all times.

"If at first you don’t succeed, destroy all evidence that you tried." - Steven Wright

Comrades, I swear on Trump's soul that I am not working from a CIA troll farm in Kiev.

Online Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
I've never been so damned serious that I could not enjoy satire.  I was raised on Bill Gaines' Mad Magazine.
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed: