Author Topic: Biden administration approves record permanent jump in food stamps  (Read 80 times)

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Biden administration approves record permanent jump in food stamps
By Caroline Vakil - 08/15/21 03:04 PM EDT

Millions of Americans will see their food stamp benefits permanently increase by a record amount later this year, The New York Times reported.

The Biden administration is expected to announce the new rules Monday, and they will take effect in October, according to the Times.

Average monthly benefits are slated to increase by $36 from a pre-pandemic average of $121, or about 25 percent.

The change does not require approval from Congress and will apply to all of the more than 40 million people who receive these benefits, officially called the Supplemental Nutrition Assistance Program.

The change is based on updates the Department of Agriculture made to the Thrifty Food Plan, which outlines nutritional goals for Americans. The framework suggests how much money each family can spend on a number of food groups to achieve a healthy diet.

Congress in 2018 passed a law ordering a review of the plan, which the Biden administration asked the Department of Agriculture to accelerate upon taking office, the Times reported.

According to the Times, the weekly cost for this plan will jump from $159 to $193 for a family of four.

more
https://thehill.com/policy/healthcare/567945-biden-administration-approves-record-permanent-increase-in-food-stamps
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline LMAO

Re: Biden administration approves record permanent jump in food stamps
« Reply #1 on: August 16, 2021, 08:00:32 pm »
Yet business after business are complaining they cannot find help
I have little interest in streamlining government or in making it more efficient, for I mean to reduce its size. I do not undertake to promote welfare, for I propose to extend freedom. My aim is not to pass laws, but to repeal them.

Barry Goldwater

http://www.usdebtclock.org

My Avatar is my adult autistic son Tommy