Author Topic: ‘Whatever Happened to “America Is Back”?’: Allies Fume at Biden Failure in Afghanistan  (Read 315 times)

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
‘Whatever Happened to “America Is Back”?’: Allies Fume at Biden Failure in Afghanistan

Joel B. Pollak 15 Aug 2021

U.S. allies are fuming at President Joe Biden’s failure to defend Afghanistan from the Taliban, wondering if the country’s rapid collapse, and Biden’s refusal to consult other countries before withdrawal, means America’s decline as a world power.

The Washington Post reported Sunday:

“Whatever happened to ‘America is back’?” said Tobias Ellwood, who chairs the Defense Committee in the British Parliament, citing Biden’s foreign policy promise to rebuild alliances and restore U.S. prestige damaged during the Trump administration.

“People are bewildered that after two decades of this big, high-tech power intervening, they are withdrawing and effectively handing the country back to the people we went in to defeat,” Ellwood said. “This is the irony. How can you say America is back when we’re being defeated by an insurgency armed with no more than [rocket-propelled grenades], land mines and AK-47s?”

…

“What’s happening in Afghanistan is raising alarm bells everywhere,” said Riad Kahwaji, who heads the Inegma security consultancy in the United Arab Emirates, which hosts one of the biggest American military contingents in the Middle East.

“The U.S.’s credibility as an ally has been in question for a while,” he said. “We see Russia fighting all the way to protect the Assad regime [in Syria], and now the Americans are pulling out and leaving a big chaos in Afghanistan.”

more
https://www.breitbart.com/national-security/2021/08/15/whatever-happened-to-america-is-back-allies-fume-at-biden-failure-in-afghanistan/
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline skeeter

Rats are reverse barometers of the truth. Its always the opposite of what they say.

No worries, Biden will creep back out after this all blows over and begin winning our foreign friends back by passing out cash again.

Online Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
I could not possibly care less about the "allies."  They demanded Biteme, and now they're getting him good and hard.
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Offline cato potatoe

How long until China moves on Taiwan?  The chicoms will never respect an American regime which seeks to humiliate the country it represents.

Offline bilo

How long until China moves on Taiwan?  The chicoms will never respect an American regime which seeks to humiliate the country it represents.

I don't think they will take Taiwan militarily. They will continue trying to isolate them and with the leftists taking over the USA we will support them.
A stranger in a hostile foreign land I used to call home

Offline IsailedawayfromFR

I don't think they will take Taiwan militarily. They will continue trying to isolate them and with the leftists taking over the USA we will support them.
Taiwan will appease China as it views the US as abandoning it.

Afghan abandonment a lesson for Taiwan’s DPP: Global Times editorial
https://www.globaltimes.cn/page/202108/1231636.shtml
No punishment, in my opinion, is too great, for the man who can build his greatness upon his country's ruin~  George Washington

Offline PeteS in CA

Are these the same EuroLand "leaders" who dumped hate on Trump? Why are they whining? They got what they wished for, no Trump.
If, as anti-Covid-vaxxers claim, https://www.poynter.org/fact-checking/2021/robert-f-kennedy-jr-said-the-covid-19-vaccine-is-the-deadliest-vaccine-ever-made-thats-not-true/ , https://gospelnewsnetwork.org/2021/11/23/covid-shots-are-the-deadliest-vaccines-in-medical-history/ , The Vaccine is deadly, where in the US have Pfizer and Moderna hidden the millions of bodies of those who died of "vaccine injury"? Is reality a Big Pharma Shill?

Millions now living should have died. Anti-Covid-Vaxxer ghouls hardest hit.

Online Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
Are these the same EuroLand "leaders" who dumped hate on Trump? Why are they whining? They got what they wished for, no Trump.

My point exactly.
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Online catfish1957

• Laken Riley.... Say her Name. And to every past and future democrat voter- Her blood is on your hands too!!!
  • Political Researcher

You f__'ed up Flounder....  You trusted us.
I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.

Online GtHawk

• I don't believe in Trump anymore, he's an illusion
I could not possibly care less about the "allies."  They demanded Biteme, and now they're getting him good and hard.
Just damn! They were loving it when America was back to the Obama years with Captain Dementia. If our 'allies' are so damned concerned about Afghanistan then let them collectively fund and mount an invasion to be back the Taliban Man, otherwise they should collectively STFU!

Offline dfwgator

Just damn! They were loving it when America was back to the Obama years with Captain Dementia. If our 'allies' are so damned concerned about Afghanistan then let them collectively fund and mount an invasion to be back the Taliban Man, otherwise they should collectively STFU!

Eff our so-called "Allies".

Online Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
The once great Republic known as the united States of America is now just the world's largest banana republic and is being governed as such.
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien